this device would come to the United States. This is the best looking Android device I have seen in a while.

Xiaomi Phone hands-on redux: dual partition system explained (video) - Engadget

Insanely cheap as well...
    08-30-11 05:39 PM
    never liked MIUI but i like the size and specs of that phone for sure
    08-30-11 05:45 PM
    It looks like an iPhone..not really my cup of tea.

But I agree with Howarmat..the size and specs look nice..as does the price point. I've never really been a fan of MIUI either..but I'd still like to try it out. I wonder how much these will be going for on ebay?..
    08-31-11 07:55 AM
    Yea MIUI looks a lot like iOS. I don't mind it but I prefer stock Android over everything. The dual partitions and specs of this device are awesome though.
    08-31-11 10:37 AM
    I've tried a lot of ROMs, and MIUI isn't my cup of tea

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    08-31-11 03:13 PM
    So far, I'm with everybody else, not a fan of MIUI. I've never installed an MIUI rom on any of my phones, and probably never will. The way I look at it, if I wanted an iPhone, I'd buy one.
    lssanjose likes this.
    08-31-11 03:18 PM
    MIUI has some awesome clocks!!!

Did I miss the spec sheet in that video?
    08-31-11 03:23 PM
    Yea MIUI looks a lot like iOS. I don't mind it but I prefer stock Android over everything. The dual partitions and specs of this device are awesome though.
    That's why you utilize MIUI's theme engine...

...oh, and MIUI is nothing like iOS....only the stock icons are.
    Last edited by 12MaNy; 08-31-11 at 04:14 PM.
    08-31-11 04:08 PM
    That's why you utilize MIUI's theme engine...

...oh, and MIUI is nothing like iOS....only the stock icons are.
    I never said MIUI was like iOS, I said it looks a lot like iOS. Look at the settings screen. It is almost laid out exactly like iOS.

I know MIUI has different themes. I was just commenting on the stock UI. It looks like iOS. It is pretty easy to see that (like you said, the stock icons look like it, and many people fill up there screen with these icons).
    08-31-11 04:34 PM
    It's an awesome phone. I really wonder how they are offering it so cheaply.
    08-31-11 04:48 PM
    It's an awesome phone. I really wonder how they are offering it so cheaply.
    From China, and don't carry name recognition

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    08-31-11 05:57 PM
    I never said MIUI was like iOS, I said it looks a lot like iOS. Look at the settings screen. It is almost laid out exactly like iOS.

I know MIUI has different themes. I was just commenting on the stock UI. It looks like iOS. It is pretty easy to see that (like you said, the stock icons look like it, and many people fill up there screen with these icons).
    I'm just saying that it takes like 2 seconds to get rid of those iOS icons. Alot of people in this thread were saying that MIUI looks too much like iOS...so there's the fix.

I've been running MIUI since it was first ported over to the Evo 4G and I can't understand why anyone wouldn't want to flash it. It's the most customizable ROM out there. IMHO, the only drawback to MIUI is that it's 3G & wifi only. It's closed source and China ain't sharing source code (they don't have 4G, so they don't care).

BTW....that device is pretty slick looking.
    08-31-11 07:46 PM
    not to my liking either. I think the TB is a handsome phone. Stylish and not cheap looking nor does it feel cheap. I just wish the design for the extended battery was better. I won't get it. Too big for my small hands. The battery designers need to come up with slimmer, more effective batteries that will encompass the original back cover to a device and not have to have a larger ugly bulky battery.
    09-17-11 05:56 PM
    not to my liking either. I think the TB is a handsome phone. Stylish and not cheap looking nor does it feel cheap. I just wish the design for the extended battery was better. I won't get it. Too big for my small hands. The battery designers need to come up with slimmer, more effective batteries that will encompass the original back cover to a device and not have to have a larger ugly bulky battery.
    I agree. I have the extended battery. It feels good in my hands but it's kind of heavy in the pocket or when carrying.

I like the long battery life though.
    09-17-11 05:59 PM
    I'm seeing how long my ghettofabulous setup will last me. I have a 1900 mAh extended battery using the stock battery cover; it barely fits

Sent via Gingerbread Inc Deck
    09-17-11 06:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD