no disrespect. let me explain.

i saw this artical

"Sprint Epic 4G launching one day before Verizon’s Droid 2?"

it's all the same thing! it's now a battle of hardware and Ghz. Which is good but it's the same freakin thing!

Evo
    Droid
    Epic
    Incredible
    LG with Android
    Sprint Moment
    HTC OR SAMSUNG (same freakin thing!) Yes i know about Sense

the list goes on and on..

it's all the same thing..

i just found the "Sprint Epic 4G launching one day before Verizon’s Droid 2?" to be silly. Someone explain this Android thing to me because it's not working for me. you can wait for one or the other. you're getting the same thing!

Please advise :-)
    08-06-10 09:08 PM
    its not all the same thing. there are different "flavors" like motoblur, HTC Sense etc that change the feel on each phone to the point its really completely different.
    08-06-10 09:11 PM
    I think 20 blackberries with similar physical designs and the exact same specs is a little silly. The experience is the same no matter which one you own. Android gives you options.
    08-06-10 10:17 PM
    its not all the same thing. there are different "flavors" like motoblur, HTC Sense etc that change the feel on each phone to the point its really completely different.
    Agreed !
    08-06-10 10:23 PM
    The only difference with Android phones is the form factor. Like the op said, its the same thing. I mean how fast do u need a phone to go? Anyways.......

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-06-10 10:26 PM
    ^^ obvious doesnt know what he is talking about
    08-06-10 10:33 PM
    The only difference with Android phones is the form factor. Like the op said, its the same thing. I mean how fast do u need a phone to go? Anyways.......

I guess if all you do on your phone is pay $30 a month for email and never use the browser and multimedia, then no, you don't need a Ghz processor.
    08-06-10 11:03 PM
    Great points on this page. why do i feel what i feel?

well, i was playing with the droid incredible. Same OS as my friends phone which is the Galaxy series from Tmo. My co-worker has the evo. Same thing as incredible except with the kickstand. (not the same exact thing but simular) .. Supervisor has a droid with the keyboard.

the fact is Andriod phones and BB each are released with the same inner workings..
    BB with 4.6. 4.7, 5.0 just different hardware designs. The only thing is there isn't a new BB ever 4 months like Android. SPRINT, TMO, VZ and ATT are all marketing Android as the newest thing and it's all the same thing. that's why Android sales are so high.

Evo
    Droid
    Epic
    Incredible
    LG with Android
    Sprint Moment
    the flip
    LG ALLY
    HTC hero
    Droid Eris
    htc Legend
    The Galaxy Series
    G1 with 2.1
    Nexus
    Behold
    the Cliq

my point is these companies are marketing these phones at "THE NAME" with Android.. it's a gimic and it's selling phones. look @ verizon.. "droid does" .. not Android does.. lol.. they market their own phone. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

i love the speed of the phones.. but i'm saying.. it's the same thing! (inside)

hope you understand what i'm saying... not dissing. Andriod is sooo fast! just saying. :-)
    08-06-10 11:16 PM
    I think 20 blackberries with similar physical designs and the exact same specs is a little silly. The experience is the same no matter which one you own. Android gives you options.
    This is offical highest rank!
    08-06-10 11:38 PM
    BB with 4.6. 4.7, 5.0 just different hardware designs. The only thing is there isn't a new BB ever 4 months like Android. SPRINT, TMO, VZ and ATT are all marketing Android as the newest thing and it's all the same thing. that's why Android sales are so high.
    This is like saying all PCs with Windows 7 are the same thing which isn't rue. A PC will better specs will appeal to different type of user as opposed to one with midrange to low specs. Same thing with PCs with differing form factors, features etc. Because they run the same OS doesn't mean they'll provide the same level of satisfaction. Android is no different.
    08-07-10 12:14 AM
    Great points on this page. why do i feel what i feel?

well, i was playing with the droid incredible. Same OS as my friends phone which is the Galaxy series from Tmo. My co-worker has the evo. Same thing as incredible except with the kickstand. (not the same exact thing but simular) .. Supervisor has a droid with the keyboard.

the fact is Andriod phones and BB each are released with the same inner workings..

Evo
    Droid
    Epic
    Incredible
    LG with Android
    Sprint Moment
    the flip
    LG ALLY
    HTC hero
    Droid Eris
    htc Legend
    The Galaxy Series
    G1 with 2.1
    Nexus
    Behold
    the Cliq

my point is these companies are marketing these phones at "THE NAME" with Android.. it's a gimic and it's selling phones. look @ verizon.. "droid does" .. not Android does.. lol.. they market their own phone. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

i love the speed of the phones.. but i'm saying.. it's the same thing! (inside)

hope you understand what i'm saying... not dissing. Andriod is sooo fast! just saying. :-)
    its not the same at all. the phone maker usually add there own flavor of os add on's. they might all have 2.1 but there is always going to be better features in each phone depending on what the phone maker does. and of course android is popping phones out every 4 months like u said because the phone makers wants android OS because its the best out there. they dont want to be like blackberry and release phones with the same look/slow specs/OS
    08-07-10 12:24 AM
    Well said my friend
    08-07-10 01:40 AM
    no disrespect. let me explain.

i saw this artical

"Sprint Epic 4G launching one day before Verizon�s Droid 2?"

it's all the same thing! it's now a battle of hardware and Ghz. Which is good but it's the same freakin thing!

Evo
    Droid
    Epic
    Incredible
    LG with Android
    Sprint Moment
    HTC OR SAMSUNG (same freakin thing!) Yes i know about Sense

the list goes on and on..

it's all the same thing..

i just found the "Sprint Epic 4G launching one day before Verizon�s Droid 2?" to be silly. Someone explain this Android thing to me because it's not working for me. you can wait for one or the other. you're getting the same thing!

Please advise :-)
    How about all the blackberrys? Its freaking the same thing! Same processor same hardware same keyboard. See what I did there?

08-07-10 01:56 AM
    What is the closest device to match the IPHONE, it's an Android. Whatever flavor you want, what ever carrier you want, The Android Platform is the closest thing to an Iphone Experience and no Blackberry out there will come close to that accomplishment.

So whether you feel that it's the same thing all over again, which is simply not the case depending on the hardware and its manufacturer, these phones are marketed to a mainstream demographic that does not want to leave it's carrier, yet experience the fun and dependability many people are experiencing with an Iphone.

Nuff Said
    08-07-10 08:29 AM
    Android phones differ between manufactures, HTC sense, Motoblur, Samsung's "iPhone" UI, Sony Ericcson's "Playstation 3" type UI, etc. They all run on the same core Android OS be it 1.5 or 2.1 or 2.2. Each Android phone will give you a different experience.

My Curve 8530 is practically the same as my sister's Bold 9700, same UI, OS, interface, etc. but different keyboard and slightly more memory on the 9700.
    08-07-10 09:05 AM
    I understand what the OP is trying to say that most of the hardware is the same (1GHZ, 512 RAM etc..) but I'm not sure they understand or have actually seen the differences in the UI that completely change your experience with Android. T

hey aren't all the same, and that's one of the things that I do not like about Android. I wish they were more similar in UI with the different form factors to choose. In my opinion, the changes take away from how good Android is and could be. The manufacturers load those UI on the phone and make it twice as long to get OS updates (for normal people that don't hack their phone) and some of them just plain suck. There's no reason why I should love the Incredible and hate the Captivate. Use launcher pro on both and you still get performance differences even when the hardware is nearly identical because the man. UI and preferences are so heavily integrated in the OS.

Anyhow, the OP is wrong about everything being the same. Strangely enough, I wish the experience was more the same on the devices because you wouldn't have to decide to jump carriers because they carry Android with HTC Sense and your carry doesn't and it will create a brand recogition for Android. Yes, we know the differences and the similarities but my boy has an EVO and he didn't know that my Captivate was basically the same OS with different UI. My friends with Samsung moments didn't even know what Android was.

I just don't like the fact that you have to hope the next Android that comes out has a functional UI instead of all the junk, or hack it and wait for someone to provide a ROM for it. In the future, I see more uniform Android devices when it comes to the software. Because the Incredible, makes me want to use Android primarily, but the Capitivate makes me grasp my iPhone even more. And jumping carriers isn't an option because my wife loves her iPhone and it's cheaper to stay together and happy home over happy phone LOL. Google will take control.
    08-07-10 09:56 AM
    The pot is calling the kettle black. Come on man, don't state that all phones that run Android software are the same. Tons of points have already been made to state otherwise. My Captivate varies from Droid X, and a Droid X varies from an EVO 4G etc. You can go on with subtle differences between all the devices and their tweeks.

If you compare the two OS BB is in essence the exact same on every platform with tweeks to work with the phone. Since it is RIM and RIM only making the OS they limit what can be done. Android on the other hand like it or not lets the phone manufacture skin the OS to how they would like. Hence the Sense UI, Touchwiz, Motoblur. To me the Android phones are similar in a sense, but no where near what RIM has done to there phones.
    08-07-10 10:24 AM
    You know, all PC's are the same too. They all run Windows.
    08-07-10 10:39 AM
    You know, all PC's are the same too. They all run Windows.
    No they don't. Many runs Linux or *BSD. :P
    08-07-10 10:42 AM
    I sense the op's frustration.
    After being a Storm 1 user
    then waiting for Storm 2 with
    no major improvements.
    BB market place lacking.
    Battery pulls lack of customization.
    I understand.
    U just needed a good trollin I know.
    08-07-10 11:43 AM
    I guess if all you do on your phone is pay $30 a month for email and never use the browser and multimedia, then no, you don't need a Ghz processor.
    How about all the blackberrys? Its freaking the same thing! Same processor same hardware same keyboard. See what I did there?

This right here. BBs are ALL the same. From low grade to mid grade to flagship. The jump in hardware performance is minimal. They are all plastic. They all have the same features.

Yes with Android the underlying OS might be the same, but the manufacturers all put their own twist on it. Also, most devices have different features. Sure, some have the same, but a lot do not. And I won't even argue about hardware. With this OS (and most others), the better the hardware the better the phone performs. No complaining here.

Like xliderider said, if all you do is email, then Ghz wont help you. Once you venture outside that closet, the more the merrier. Especially now with technology coming out that wont really hurt your battery life.
    08-07-10 12:13 PM
    Someone explain this Android thing to me because it's not working for me. you can wait for one or the other. you're getting the same thing!

Exactly. All phones fall in this same concept, but Blackberry is the worst for this.
    08-07-10 12:19 PM
    The OP is correct but only to a certain degree.

I don't know exactly why anyone brought up Blackberry's here. I didn't notice the OP
    defending BB's.
    08-07-10 01:51 PM

I don't know exactly why anyone brought up Blackberry's here. I didn't notice the OP
    defending BB's.
    I think people brought up blackberries as an example that's similar to the OP's supposed gripes with Android and then in the OP's response they defending RIM as "at least they don't release one every 4 months". So basically, blackberry is the same but at least we don't have as many devices. And then the argument goes on.......

But you're right, the OP is correct to a certain extent but there are also big differences in the devices that could make or break and Android device. I'm not sure they understand that part beyond holding someone's for a few minutes.
    08-07-10 02:13 PM

defending BB's.
    As I read through these responses I was wondering the same thing.
    08-07-10 05:21 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD