The one I had on my Storm was great!! The Android one sux! I hope they update it soon!!
    01-13-10 12:26 AM
    really u liked the one on the storm??? i hateddd it. Best part about the droid is theirs like 3 or 4 good ones on their all u need to do is look at all of them and pick the ones that are best for u
    01-13-10 01:02 AM
    I just use the mobile site. I dont understand why they cant just port over the iPhone app to Android and BB to make it uniform.
    01-13-10 01:08 AM
    really u liked the one on the storm??? i hateddd it. Best part about the droid is theirs like 3 or 4 good ones on their all u need to do is look at all of them and pick the ones that are best for u
    Yeah I liked it, I always got a notification when i got a message in my inbox and post on wall, Wat Facebook app on Android are u talkin about? I have tried Bloo and one other? Please do recommend one, I would even buy it!!
    01-13-10 01:10 AM
    I just use the mobile site. I dont understand why they cant just port over the iPhone app to Android and BB to make it uniform.
    I agree the iPhone was is mint!!
    01-13-10 01:11 AM
    The facebook for Android sucks big time. I don't even use that **** anymore. From day one I never got any notifications. When ever I go to refresh my notifications I get the parash error or whatever. So disappointed.
    01-13-10 01:25 AM
    Not sure if you've tried it but Welcome to Facebook | Facebook for touchscreen phones is really good! When it first loaded I thought it downloaded an app to my phone. LOL. It looks that good.
    01-13-10 07:14 AM
    I would have to say the FB app is the ONLY thing I miss about my BB storm, but with the browser on the droid being so much faster then the storm I dont mind using that
    01-13-10 09:36 AM
    The facebook for Android sucks big time. I don't even use that **** anymore. From day one I never got any notifications. When ever I go to refresh my notifications I get the parash error or whatever. So disappointed.

If its not running, you can't have notifications.

Those errors come up when you try to use it when you are not signed in. If you are not signed in, you don't get notifications either.

Its not a great app, I agree, but you answered your own problems in your complaint.
    01-13-10 10:40 AM
    Not sure if you've tried it but Welcome to Facebook | Facebook for touchscreen phones is really good! When it first loaded I thought it downloaded an app to my phone. LOL. It looks that good.
    It looks good and works but the issue is that there should be an app where msgs/notifications get sent to you and you don't have to go and get them.
    01-13-10 11:21 AM
    If its not running, you can't have notifications.

Those errors come up when you try to use it when you are not signed in. If you are not signed in, you don't get notifications either.

Its not a great app, I agree, but you answered your own problems in your complaint.
    Uh, no I am logged in and and the app is running. Trust me I'm not an ***** when it comes to this and if you happened to notice its happening to a lot of people. So nice try...
    01-13-10 11:30 AM
    ya I am logged in and it shows the last time I updated to be on dec 31st
    01-13-10 12:22 PM
    I notice I randomly get FB notifications. I don't think it's a bad thing for me since I have text alerts set up for certain things. I'm not on FB all that much to begin with.
    01-13-10 12:52 PM
    Yea I have and I decided to just use the mobile site. This is because the Touch site doesnt allow for you to view photo comments for some stupid reason. It just opens the black pop up box with the picture in it.
    01-13-10 01:45 PM
    I wish they could too but you're dealing with different platforms. Developers have to re-code everything to develop for different platforms. Would be like trying to put an xbox 360 games in ps3. They might be the same game but they are not made for both systems. This is one of the issues with some platforms getting quality apps. Developers focus more on the platform that is going to generate the most money so this is where they spend most of their time. As Android gets bigger, developers will spend more time enhancing apps. We all just have to wait unfortunately.
    01-13-10 02:31 PM
    Why not just have all your notifications set to email and then just use the Touch Site version? Works great for me. Also, Facebook just added a feature where you can reply directly from the email! Sweet!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-14-10 08:07 AM
    Why would u want steady notifications on Facebook anyway.
    FB can be such a pain in the arse.........
    01-14-10 09:17 AM
    Why not just have all your notifications set to email and then just use the Touch Site version? Works great for me. Also, Facebook just added a feature where you can reply directly from the email! Sweet!

How do you use that reply from email feature? I use the touch site and email notifications too. Would love to add a comment/reply just by email reply.
    01-14-10 09:33 AM
    The new feature where you can just reply via email to comments is awesome! Would still love a batter app though.
    01-14-10 10:51 AM
    Why would u want steady notifications on Facebook anyway.
    FB can be such a pain in the arse.........

Because everyone I know uses Facebook. I stay in touch with a lot of old friends via facebook.
    01-14-10 12:54 PM
    Its sad how everyone is so crazy over a networking site and people feel the need to keep it updated 24/7!
    01-14-10 01:59 PM
    Its sad how everyone is so crazy over a networking site and people feel the need to keep it updated 24/7!
    So I am not the only one...
    01-14-10 02:22 PM
    I like the Facebook application on the BB better than the Android and Iphone Facebook applications. The Iphone app looked nice, but it didn't have push notification and wasn't intuitively integrated into the device. There were other applications that it worked with like Flixter, but other than that, I didn't see where it collaborated with anything else on the device. The BB Facebook integrates the calendar, profile pictures, and it has push notification. I think that it is more useful than the Iphone app and definitely better than the Android application. The Android Facebook app needs some work on the navigation controls.

01-14-10 08:05 PM
    So I am not the only one...
    Definitely not. I'll clip off my big toes before using Facebook. Just don't see the point. And while I'm at it, get off my lawn you kids!!
    01-15-10 09:25 AM
    I don't use Facebook by why don't you try 3rd party Facebook apps such as bloo i hear its a awesome app.
    01-16-10 12:03 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD