So I'm I crazy to want my next phone to have a dedicated camera button? I have an old Samsung slider bought in 2003 and it has a DCB. Neither the the new SG2 nor the G2x have a dcb. What's up with that. To me that's a deal breaker. Anyone else feels the same?
    05-20-11 12:24 PM
    Kinda another reason why im happy w my Dx and not updating.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-20-11 12:57 PM
    Like whoolio said, the DX has a dedicated button.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-20-11 09:26 PM
    My Dinc has a dedicated button. But after numerous uses with the camera, I've found I prefer the tap-on-screen method more often now. Mainly because it's a quick light touch and the device isn't moved as a result of physically pushing a hardware button. Especially action shots... the pic is saved the moment I touch the screen vs the resulting delay while pressing a physical button.
    05-21-11 02:23 AM
    My Dinc has a dedicated button. But after numerous uses with the camera, I've found I prefer the tap-on-screen method more often now. Mainly because it's a quick light touch and the device isn't moved as a result of physically pushing a hardware button. Especially action shots... the pic is saved the moment I touch the screen vs the resulting delay while pressing a physical button.
    The dedicated button enables me to quickly access the camera. I can easily unlock my phone without looking then feeling for the camera button I am able to launch the camera app fast. I agree the light touch results in less blurry images but if you can't access the app fast then some memories would just go by. I have nieces and nephews and having them re-do something funny so that you can take a pic just doesn't cut it.
    05-23-11 06:17 PM
    Well that's just a personal preference and hopefully they come out with a good one for. I know personally, I hated the dedicated camera button on devices I had in the past. I agree it allows to access the camera faster but as the same time getting clear pictures was a pain in the arse. The should put a button on the phone and you can assign a function or no function at all and that would appease everyone. I mean even the volume keys. When the phone is sleep, the volume keys do nothing. It would be nice to assign them to functions even when the phone is sleep.
    05-24-11 10:22 AM
    The one thing I do miss about my Storm is the ability to assign a side button. I liked having the right side button as my camera and the left side button for the voice dialing.
    05-24-11 11:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD