The screen of my Z30 appeared to die and with no updated versions coming I thought okay let me give this Samsung Edge a try. I've been seeing so much of in these ultra cool and hip marketing ads better than even Apple's marketing. I order an earlier version 6 edge (the $750 new one is a bit too much for me). The phone looks real nice and google services finally works, GREAT. It's all down hill from there. Where to start..

The Bad:

Reception sucks: (I have Cricket/ATT network) the phone calls would just drop and I got no reception from my room half the time. Critical for phone right. My Z30 would basically NEVER drop a call unless I'm in an elevator (as expected).

Battery life sucks: Every app you touch appears open and within a very short period of time I had a library of app windows on top of one another (like pesky pop up window ads) and had difficult time closing them down which I found myself doing very often. End result is the battery would be close to dead within an hour and all you basically do on this phone is charge it all the time! Horrible. I now see why the Kickstarter recharge your phone belts, pants, shoes, underwear (well not that) etc are coming from.

Ergonomics suck: The edge is sexy. yes, but awkward as hell to hold and serves no purpose for me. I don't need to see the side of it for any new notifications. Z30/Blackberry uses the led light which is enough, besides I'm not staring on my phone when it's laying down. Overkill.

Android OS Sucks big time. I hate it. I know I though I was just so used to the BB OS and I just need to give it time.. I did, one full month. And after that it sucked still. I read here about 6 months you need, I couldn't get to that limit.

The Good

The camera. It's great quality and photos are really nice. It's too bad I don't care for taking photos that much and not into selfies taking either. It's not that important for me, but if it was, this is a nice camera to carry around. If I was a teenager I would absolutely have to have snapchat and camera would be very important. I'm neither so yeah, irrelevant.

The apps. Goes without saying. I resort to using the browser shortcut/websites for my banking and other services on Z30, which works fine, but yeah not ideal. Actually now thinking about it, (if you read about the battery life and apps above) I think it might be more efficient to use browser links instead of apps (not for everything but some things). For ecample, I tried many reddit apps and they are ALL inferior to using the mobile friendly version of reddit on my phone. I just have a link (my "app") and it works great.

The Outcome

My Z30 came back to life! I've been using it and what a relief. However battery is getting old and what can I do when it finally dies.. at this rate I'm going to buy ANOTHER NEW Z30. I rather use a 3 year old Blackberry all touch obsolete phone then the latest Samsung or Apple phone. The other alternatives may be Priv, but I don't use the keyboard and round edge is not best feature for phone to handle it. Dtek50 looks cheap and crappy Android. In another year or more maybe something else would be around or I don't know what the future holds.
    09-17-16 11:33 PM
    Yes, the Android OS does take some getting used to after BB10. It seems like you could have used some advice with it, especially the apps. I'd suggest you try out a working model of the Priv or DTEK50. Both run very well. The curved screen on the Priv isn't a problem for me, or many others. And the DTEK50 has a very similar feel to the Z30 in hand -- perhaps you shouldn't dismiss it without handling it live?
    09-17-16 11:57 PM
    Try priv, it's a bit identical to stock android which is more suck than touchwiz
    09-18-16 01:25 AM
    Lol I don't know if u are trolling or not. But I'll go ahead and throw my 2 cents. About the reception part cricket sucks in general as far as that goes because they run off of a proxy which slows e everything down not to mention throttled to 8mb. I'm on MetroPCS with 0 issues on that regard. 2nd Android has a dismiss button right here

Last edited by zocster; 09-19-16 at 02:19 AM.
    09-19-16 01:58 AM
    Fixed your post .. Lol
    09-19-16 02:20 AM
    Thanks lol.
    09-19-16 10:08 PM
    Thanks Greenghost for the insight on closing apps. Not trolling!

Also I didn't mention with the Edge I couldn't play any music in my car via the 3.5 jack. And when I tried using Bluetooth the quality was so bad that I couldn't play my music in the car altogether! (deal breaker). Never a problem with the Z30. I could even play music straight out of the mobile because the speakers are so good if need be. Apple users are up in arms over getting rid of the jack, and rightfully so. I'm going to give the Priv a try once this Z30 dies. See how it goes.

Conclusion: Sexting and **** pics/camera = Samsung Edge wins no contest. Everything else = obsolete BlackBerry Z30. Ok now I'm trolling lol

I tried the Samsung Edge for a month and it sucked-8yeumja.jpg

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by srzjumper; 09-20-16 at 05:02 PM.
    09-20-16 03:14 PM
    Thanks Greenghost for the insight on closing apps. Not trolling!

Also I didn't mention with the Edge I couldn't play any music in my car via the 3.5 jack. And when I tried using Bluetooth the quality was so bad that I couldn't play my music in the car altogether! (deal breaker). Never a problem with the Z30. I could even play music straight out of the mobile because the speakers are so good if need be. Apple users are up in arms over getting rid of the jack, and rightfully so. I'm going to give the Priv a try once this Z30 dies. See how it goes.

Conclusion: Sexting and **** pics/camera = Samsung Edge wins no contest. Everything else = obsolete BlackBerry Z30. Ok now I'm trolling lol

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8YeuMjA.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	38.3 KB 
ID:	408698

Posted via CB10
    I never have issues with playing music through the Jack on my LG neither does my sister or her husband who has a s7 also.
    11-30-16 02:51 AM
    @Greenghost (cool name btw), it could be my cable/jack that's the problem, looks a bit worn out (still worked fine on my Z30). I was at a B&H Superstore in NYC yesterday and though I went with a Dtek50, I was really impressed with the Samsung Galaxy 7s. It was a $400 difference and I want to give the Dtek a chance, but that is definitely on my radar. I read a lot of reviews lately and people to tend to complain about the Edge (few people see benefit of edges other than looking sexy), ironically it doens't give it an edge over the others.
    11-30-16 08:05 PM