I recently switched to a torch from my HTC Hero mainly for the messenger. There are a few features that I greatly miss. Is there any way to do this on the torch:

1. When calling on Android, the phone vibrates for a second when someone picks up.
    2. In the call log, only the latest entry from each contact is showed on my BB. This is annoying.
    3. SIP. I can't believe there is no reasonably priced SIP software for BB.
    4. I hate that I can't use Appworld in my country. Is there any alternative market? Android's market was 100x better.

Ideas?
    02-03-11 06:14 AM
    1. On my older Curve, I was able to make it make a noise when the call connected, haven't looked on my Torch but I don't see why they would take that feature out/

2. Hit the phone button, go down to options and look for Call Logs and Lists, there might be an option to do what you want in there. (Maybe not, I didn't really understand what you wanted with number 2.

3. SIP?

4. MobiHand. I rarely use AppWorld. I find MobiHand to be just as good anyways.
    02-03-11 06:20 AM
    I recently switched to a torch from my HTC Hero mainly for the messenger. There are a few features that I greatly miss. Is there any way to do this on the torch:

1. When calling on Android, the phone vibrates for a second when someone picks up.
    2. In the call log, only the latest entry from each contact is showed on my BB. This is annoying.
    4. I hate that I can't use Appworld in my country. Is there any alternative market? Android's market was 100x better.

Ideas?
    2. Yes, if someone knows of a way to fix this, I haven't seen it. It is very annoying.

3. There are none that I know of.

4. There are plenty of alternatives (like crackberry's store), but none are as good as itunes or Android Market.
    02-03-11 07:48 AM

Ideas?
    1. Meh

2. You could highlight the number/name, Go to the BB menu then scroll to view and show history.

3. Theres a few sip clients out there that work very well. Havent really checked on all their pricing though, but seen one for about 20 bux. If you use it a lot then worth the price I guess. Blackvoib is $30. Ive used it in the past in the betas and worked quite well.

4. Like others have said, theres alternatives. Dont even need to use any store, just go to the developers site and download it there.
    02-03-11 09:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD