At first I thought a kickstand was a novelty and a little cheesy. But since having my Thunderbolt I have totally change my mind!

I use the kickstand A LOT more than I ever thought I would! I geocache, hike, kayak often. I use the kickstand to take pictures and videos of me in nature. A sort of photo diary.

I use the kickstand when video chatting using Tango, and Skype soon.

I never thought I'd watch TV on my phone, but with TV Show Streams I watched 3 seasons of The Wonder Years!

What other devices, all platforms, have a kickstand?
    08-28-11 05:18 PM
    I notice I use mine a lot too, mainly for watching Netflix.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-28-11 05:50 PM
    Love the kickstand. Not sure what I am going to do when I change phones and it is one without a kickstand.
    08-30-11 09:48 PM
    I'm gonna try and use the one that's on the Photon. The stand is actually tied in to the OS somehow as it has an option for the kickstand. Will post it in a few.
    08-30-11 10:23 PM
    Here it is...

Sent using my Photon 4G via Sprint
    08-30-11 10:32 PM
    Yeah after reading a review on ac the kickstand when pulled out keeps your phone in landscape mode.
    Kind of cool

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    08-30-11 10:41 PM
    Interesting (re:kickstand option that keeps phone in landscape). I like.

I hear they actually make cases for phones that have kickstands built in now.
    08-30-11 11:11 PM
    My kickstand is old fashioned!

08-31-11 04:05 PM
    how well does that kickstand work when plugged a charger or pc?

oh wait it doesnt...
    Last edited by zyiro; 08-31-11 at 05:52 PM.
    08-31-11 05:50 PM
    I just generally lean my phone on something since I have an otterbox on mine. Kind of wish I had a kickstand at times when streaming Netflix. I really don't do a lot of streaming though.

08-31-11 08:22 PM
    I've never used it, but one of my co-workers did as he was using my phone.
    08-31-11 08:30 PM
    how well does that kickstand work when plugged a charger or pc?

oh wait it doesnt...
    You lost me... but I'll bite. Why wouldn't it work when plugged in?
    08-31-11 08:33 PM
    charging port gets blocked when device is using the kickstand.

at least that's with the photon... not sure about the TB.
    08-31-11 09:06 PM
    Got ya... I was lost because I use the OG EVO. Charging port it at the bottom, so I can charge and use the kickstand at the same time.
    08-31-11 09:12 PM
    this is basically what you get... i wonder if someone got fired over this... it has to be the biggest FAIL in the past 5 years or so.

08-31-11 10:20 PM
    definitely not healthy for the charging port.
    08-31-11 10:56 PM
    charging port gets blocked when device is using the kickstand.

at least that's with the photon... not sure about the TB.
    Actually you can flip the Photon over and the charging port isn't blocked. Android central has a video showing this plus Motorola says it was made to be used either way.

Posted from my Android at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-31-11 11:25 PM
    this is basically what you get... i wonder if someone got fired over this... it has to be the biggest FAIL in the past 5 years or so.

Okay. Wow!
    08-31-11 11:25 PM
    I never have my phone plugged in when using the kickstand. You don't really need too. There is a media dock I think. But I've watched a two hour movie without needing a charge, so that's about good for me!

09-01-11 05:52 AM
    Actually you can flip the Photon over and the charging port isn't blocked. Android central has a video showing this plus Motorola says it was made to be used either way.

Posted from my Android at wapforums.crackberry.com
    yeah i know about it... my theory is that moto did it on purpose so people could buy the dock.

09-02-11 07:20 PM
    I've got a Casemate for my PB that has a kickstand built into the back. I love it. It is a great idea for those big media phones too.
    09-02-11 07:54 PM
    I just wish the charging port wasn't in the way of it. That's the only drawback.
    09-17-11 05:53 PM
    At first I thought a kickstand was a novelty and a little cheesy. But since having my Thunderbolt I have totally change my mind!

I use the kickstand A LOT more than I ever thought I would! I geocache, hike, kayak often. I use the kickstand to take pictures and videos of me in nature. A sort of photo diary.

I use the kickstand when video chatting using Tango, and Skype soon.

I never thought I'd watch TV on my phone, but with TV Show Streams I watched 3 seasons of The Wonder Years!

What other devices, all platforms, have a kickstand?
    I have a bionic and also have a kickstand. the KS is part of the case I bought at Verizon. shell/holster. love it. I never put phones in my pocket, so all phones I have purchased always get a holster case of some sort, or a clip for placing it on my belt/waistband.
    09-17-11 09:00 PM
    What battery. Stock or extended?

sent from my Thunderbolt via tapatalk
    09-21-11 07:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD