just cause i couldn't get yahoo mail to work, i reset my phone back to factory in case something was interfering with it cause no one else seems to be having a problem with yahoo mail but me. alas, same problem. can't even set up imap without running into the "username or password incorrect" error. i don't know what to do anymore. even tech support says it's set up correctly and "should" work. this is more frustrating than 552 since it should be very simple yet it's been driving me crazy for 2 days now. >_<
    11-29-09 08:43 PM
    are all of your notifications set to on? i was having issues with a aol email address. also i seen a youtube video floating around with a walk through on setting up yahoo mail may be of use let me see if i can find it again!
    11-29-09 09:05 PM
    Same here, Username password incorrect...
    11-29-09 09:08 PM
    I followed this guide to the letter to setup yahoo mail on my Droid. I only get an error downloading mail if wifi is turned on.

Motorola Droid - Setting Up Yahoo Mail IMAP

Motorola Droid - Setting Up Yahoo Mail IMAP | Mobile Technology Deals and Help
    11-29-09 09:09 PM
    are all of your notifications set to on? i was having issues with a aol email address. also i seen a youtube video floating around with a walk through on setting up yahoo mail may be of use let me see if i can find it again!
    yep. all my notifications are on. aol mail, hotmail, and gmail all set up no problem which is part of the frustration because yahoo is the only one that won't work right. i even called tech support and my settings were all correct.
    11-29-09 09:26 PM
    I followed this guide to the letter to setup yahoo mail on my Droid. I only get an error downloading mail if wifi is turned on.

Motorola Droid - Setting Up Yahoo Mail IMAP

Motorola Droid - Setting Up Yahoo Mail IMAP | Mobile Technology Deals and Help
    yep i looked at that too after the 5th time i deleted all my email account setup to start from scratch and i get stopped at "username or password incorrect" error. my password wasn't wrong. i tried to resetup all my other accounts again and same error.
    11-29-09 09:28 PM
    Same here, Username password incorrect...
    you know, as odd as it sounds, it makes me feel better that i'm not the only one having problems with this. everyone keeps saying "it works for me, i don't know what your problem is," so when i hear that it's not just me, then it's not as frustrating. >_< good thing i still have my tour.
    11-29-09 09:29 PM
    With Yahoo and I think Hotmail, you have to subscribe to their premium service to enable pop/imap with phones. The only phone you dont have to do this with is BB unfortunately. Why people are still so hung up on Yahoo mail anymore nowadays I dont know. Gmail is much better than Yahoo. I understand you may have had the address for a long time but cant you change and send out a mass email or just set it to forward?
    11-29-09 09:56 PM
    I would try changing your yahoo password and then setting up your Droid to sync again. The phone might not be responding correctly even though you have the right settings. Hopefully changing a setting might force it to start working correctly.
    11-29-09 09:59 PM
    With Yahoo and I think Hotmail, you have to subscribe to their premium service to enable pop/imap with phones. The only phone you dont have to do this with is BB unfortunately. Why people are still so hung up on Yahoo mail anymore nowadays I dont know. Gmail is much better than Yahoo. I understand you may have had the address for a long time but cant you change and send out a mass email or just set it to forward?
    hotmail works fine which is why it's frustrating that yahoo doesn't. i just don't get why blackberry can do this flawlessly with ease while android, the phone that "does", can't even do that. >_< they should put a little disclaimer in that slogan that says "except yahoo mail."
    11-29-09 10:03 PM
    "With Yahoo and I think Hotmail, you have to subscribe to their premium service to enable pop/imap with phones."

I have an yahoo account and get email just fine with it using my Droid. There is really no reason why it shouldn't work on his phone. I would triple check your settings to make sure you don't have something incorrect like the security type. And as a last reort I would take the phone to Verizon store and get a tech to try and sync it for you. It's always best to get another set of eyes to look at a problem when all else fails.
    11-29-09 10:35 PM
    "With Yahoo and I think Hotmail, you have to subscribe to their premium service to enable pop/imap with phones."

I have an yahoo account and get email just fine with it using my Droid. There is really no reason why it shouldn't work on his phone. I would triple check your settings to make sure you don't have something incorrect like the security type. And as a last reort I would take the phone to Verizon store and get a tech to try and sync it for you. It's always best to get another set of eyes to look at a problem when all else fails.
    Yea I think it depends on when you signed up for the accounts. There was a huge thread in this forum and I dont know where it went to but it spelled out exactly why Yahoo mail had issues on the Droid and why it worked for some and not others.
    11-30-09 08:30 AM
    There is really no reason why it shouldn't work on his phone. I would triple check your settings to make sure you don't have something incorrect like the security type. And as a last reort I would take the phone to Verizon store and get a tech to try and sync it for you. It's always best to get another set of eyes to look at a problem when all else fails.
    There's a perfectly valid reason why it will not work and that's because it's not supported. Going to a VZW store and they would say the same thing.

Do a lot of people have it working? Yes. Chances are it's people with old Yahoo accounts before they (Yahoo) really started limiting things.

Blackberry has an agreement with Yahoo and Hotmail which is why those work with the BIS.

Here's more...
    DROID by Motorola Email Set Up Instructions
    To access Yahoo! Mail you must be a Yahoo! Mail Plus subscriber.

When you enter a Yahoo! Mail Plus account and your password, you will get the following message �Mailbox access is not supported for some types of Yahoo! Mail accounts.� After selecting OK your account will configure successfully. All other Yahoo! accounts will result in a �Setup could not finish, username or password incorrect� error message. Visit Yahoo! for details on subscribing or upgrading to a Yahoo! Mail Plus account.
    As an alternative, you can check Yahoo! Mail by visiting Yahoo! using the web browser.
    11-30-09 10:41 AM
    MAKE SURE YOU DON'T HAVE WIFI ON WHILE SETTING THIS UP!! IF YOU ARE CONNECTED VIA WIFI DURING INITIAL SETUP IT WILL NOT WORK!!

Are you trying this over 3G? There is no reason why it would work for 98% of the Droid users, but not for a couple here in this thread. Make sure you have WiFi turned off.
    11-30-09 10:52 AM
    There's a perfectly valid reason why it will not work and that's because it's not supported. Going to a VZW store and they would say the same thing.

Do a lot of people have it working? Yes. Chances are it's people with old Yahoo accounts before they (Yahoo) really started limiting things.

Blackberry has an agreement with Yahoo and Hotmail which is why those work with the BIS.

Here's more...
    DROID by Motorola Email Set Up Instructions
    To prove this point wrong I opened up a new account this morning and set it up with my Droid. A brand new account, not an old grandfathered one.

Plus, the account I use with it everyday is only about 6 months old...
    11-30-09 10:53 AM
    To prove this point wrong I opened up a new account this morning and set it up with my Droid. A brand new account, not an old grandfathered one.

Plus, the account I use with it everyday is only about 6 months old...
    i don't know why it's working for you but i went to another droid forum and there's a long thread there about yahoo not working on their droids either.
    11-30-09 12:36 PM
    It seems to work for most but a few still have problems. They say it's not supported for a reason.
    11-30-09 01:10 PM
    i don't know why it's working for you but i went to another droid forum and there's a long thread there about yahoo not working on their droids either.
    I don't know if you are trying this or not since I haven't heard from you on your other threads.

I had to turn off WiFi and do a battery pull. Then I left WiFi off and set my Yahoo account up with no problems. Once I enabled WiFi back on it gave me the "username or password incorrect" error.

Let me know if this works out for you.
    11-30-09 01:29 PM
    ok once again since it seems that people keep thinking i leave wifi on. i do not have wifi on. it would be silly of me to keep wifi on when the guides say keep wifi off.
    11-30-09 02:41 PM
    But the guide also says that it will continue to work once you set it up and enable WiFi again which isn't the case for me. I have to keep it off. Just making sure that is not the happening with you.

Have you tried doing a battery pull after disabling the WiFi and then follow the guide again? This is what worked for me when I was setting it up. Just disabling WiFi was not enough for my Droid to work with Yahoo.
    11-30-09 02:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD