Okay, now I am really excited. I just got back from Best Buy where I pre-ordered my Droid. The Best Buy Mobile knew nothing about it, but I convinced them to check there email after reading the post on Engadget.

They did indeed find the email, but they were very light on details. I filled out a form, gave them my $50 deposit, and got a $50 gift card good towards the purchase of my Droid.

One thing I thought was neat is they said the phones are going to be showing up on November 3rd! The lady didn't know when the phone was being released, so on the form I filled out I put that my appointment time was November 4th @ 9:30 AM. Here's to me trying to get one early! Think I can pull it off?
    10-29-09 02:09 PM
    Congrats-buy 2 and give me 1 and you take one
    10-29-09 02:22 PM
    I also just got done pre-ordering my Droid to unfortunately replace my BB Storm at Best Buy! The rep told me that they weren't going to be receiving them until Nov.5 at night when they get their shipment in. Sucks tho that they don't open until 10am and the Verizon store opens at 9am...so much for being one of the first to get it but hey atleast I don't have to worry about a $100 MIR!! Still waiting on Motorola or Verizon to sell the Multimedia station to purchase too!
    10-29-09 02:32 PM
    Okay, now I am really excited. I just got back from Best Buy where I pre-ordered my Droid. The Best Buy Mobile knew nothing about it, but I convinced them to check there email after reading the post on Engadget.

They did indeed find the email, but they were very light on details. I filled out a form, gave them my $50 deposit, and got a $50 gift card good towards the purchase of my Droid.

One thing I thought was neat is they said the phones are going to be showing up on November 3rd! The lady didn't know when the phone was being released, so on the form I filled out I put that my appointment time was November 4th @ 9:30 AM. Here's to me trying to get one early! Think I can pull it off?
    Wait, so you got the 50$ gift card is an extra 50 on top of your deposit?
    Also, are you paying full retail? What's the price?
    10-29-09 02:33 PM
    Wait, so you got the 50$ gift card is an extra 50 on top of your deposit?
    Also, are you paying full retail? What's the price?
    I am either going to pay full retail or add a line (and then promptly cancel it), I haven't decided yet.

The $50 gift card is going towards the price of the phone, that is my $50 deposit. Basically what they did was sold me a $50 gift card for $50, but the $50 gift card is only good towards the purchase of the droid I pre-ordered.
    10-29-09 02:41 PM
    I also just got done pre-ordering my Droid to unfortunately replace my BB Storm at Best Buy! The rep told me that they weren't going to be receiving them until Nov.5 at night when they get their shipment in. Sucks tho that they don't open until 10am and the Verizon store opens at 9am...so much for being one of the first to get it but hey atleast I don't have to worry about a $100 MIR!! Still waiting on Motorola or Verizon to sell the Multimedia station to purchase too!
    Man, that sucks. The VZW store by my office opens at 10:00, and Best Buy opens at 9:30. There is a VZW store that opens at 9:00, but it is far enough away that I didn't want to mess with it. Plus, I hate the mail in rebate. It is an instant rebate at Best Buy. PLUS, since I put the $50 deposit down today (which my wife will never notice), it will lead my wife to believe that the phone is $50 less than it really is! Ha ha ha ha....you've always got to be thinking about that stuff...
    10-29-09 02:45 PM
    I am either going to pay full retail or add a line (and then promptly cancel it), I haven't decided yet...
    Let me know how that goes. I bought my Tour from Best Buy in July and according to their website if I get rid of the phone, terminate the line, change my plan etc they will charge my credit card $300 before 181 days. I was thinking about adding a line, but not sure yet since I'd have to keep it that long. I may just add a line from the Verizon store instead and terminate that line after the rebate comes in.
    10-29-09 02:51 PM
    How much does it cost to terminate the line? I may consider doing that.
    10-29-09 03:06 PM
    How much does it cost to terminate the line? I may consider doing that.
    Verizon charges $175 ETF, but if you get the phone from Best Buy their website says it would be the normal $175 plus $300 if within the first 181 days. So it would basically be $475 ETF (if they enforce it). Additional Details

Our goal is to provide you with the very best purchasing experience possible, including huge savings vs. buying in a retail store. Your wireless device purchase price was reduced by an Equipment Discount of $200 ($300 for PDA's and smart phones; $300 for Netbooks). By accepting this price reduction, you agree to repay this discount if, during the 181 days after your new equipment is activated, you:

Fail to pay your balance due to Verizon Wireless each month
    Disconnect this Verizon Wireless line of service
    Transfer this equipment to another Verizon Wireless line of service
    Change your Verizon Wireless service rate plan to a lower monthly service rate
    Deactivate the email/data feature if one was required at the point of purchase
    Transfer/port an existing mobile number from another Verizon Wireless account if this is a new line of service
    Replace an existing account with Verizon Wireless with this account if this is a new line
    Return your equipment for a refund or exchange and it is not in its original, new condition or it is not returned within the 30-day return period outlined in our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.
    If you break any of these contract provisions, except as a result of a documented service quality issue related to the carrier service, you authorize us to charge your credit card in repayment of the Equipment Discount.
    I think it's a bit high!
    10-29-09 03:11 PM
    Ah ic
    So in that case, if I were to add a line via VZW and terminate it, i would just need to pay the $175?
    10-29-09 03:34 PM
    I'll pay the $9.99 for six months, and then cancel.
    10-29-09 03:48 PM
    I'll pay the $9.99 for six months, and then cancel.
    Do you already have a family share plan? If not it's $20 more for the first line (they start at $69 for basic and 79 for select family share) and don't forget the $30 data plan.

That's why I'm really weighing my options.
    10-29-09 03:54 PM
    I have a family share plan with three lines, which is under the umbrella of my company, which has about 27,000 lines.

I could get it for cheap on my company account, but I don't want to wait. It usually takes 3 or 4 weeks at a minimum before we get good deals on stuff. Sometimes it is several months.
    10-29-09 03:57 PM
    I am either going to pay full retail or add a line (and then promptly cancel it), I haven't decided yet.

The $50 gift card is going towards the price of the phone, that is my $50 deposit. Basically what they did was sold me a $50 gift card for $50, but the $50 gift card is only good towards the purchase of the droid I pre-ordered.
    Why do people think it is this simple. If you add a line and get 2 year pricing, you've got 2 years of contract. Until one of your lines is out of contract, you can't cancel without ETF.
    10-29-09 04:34 PM
    Why do people think it is this simple. If you add a line and get 2 year pricing, you've got 2 years of contract. Until one of your lines is out of contract, you can't cancel without ETF.
    but it is that simple... you can add a line and get the phone for $199 and then pay the $175 etf and have the phone for a total of $375 vs paying the $550 retail price.
    10-29-09 05:02 PM
    Hm. If I went with VZW and added another line, it would be 200 for the phone. I could switch that line over to a dumbphone to avoid the data charge then terminate the line during the first month, which will cost me ~10 + 175 (ETF), putting the total to around 390-400, in which case would be cheaper than paying the full retail, which is suppose to be between 560-600. Did I get that right?
    10-29-09 05:04 PM
    You would have to leave that phone on that line and active until the rebate comes in. Then you could change to a dumb phone/cancel the line. Otherwise you risk the rebate being rejected.
    10-29-09 05:17 PM
    You would have to leave that phone on that line and active until the rebate comes in. Then you could change to a dumb phone/cancel the line. Otherwise you risk the rebate being rejected.
    order online... instant rebates.
    10-29-09 05:21 PM
    Then in that case, wouldn't be better to just order off online then? That way we wouldn't have to worry about the rebate?
    10-29-09 05:21 PM
    order online... instant rebates.
    Good point - didn't think about that because I'm a "I need it now" type haha. But, that's a good idea, just may have to go that route.
    10-29-09 05:29 PM
    Yeah.. now i need to find an adequate reason to cancel the added line within the first month.
    10-29-09 05:44 PM
    I think the extra "Best Buy" etf is just if you have purchased online, which is handled by a third party. If you upgrade in-store its just your standard VZ $175.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-29-09 06:16 PM
    I think the extra "Best Buy" etf is just if you have purchased online, which is handled by a third party. If you upgrade in-store its just your standard VZ $175.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    oh really? that's awesome if that is the case. I'll have to stop in next week and find out. Best Buy replaced my Tour a few times already. The only device I regret buying in all my years.
    10-29-09 06:38 PM
    oh really? that's awesome if that is the case. I'll have to stop in next week and find out. Best Buy replaced my Tour a few times already. The only device I regret buying in all my years.
    haha I feel you on that. on my 5th tour.
    I think it makes sense though, since BB has no way of knowing when the line is canceled. But let us know if anything is up
    10-29-09 07:08 PM
    If you buy the phone, and then cancel the line, VZW will charge ETF + retail price for the phone.
    10-29-09 07:23 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD