so how do i fix this problem??
    One thing's for sure: the 2.2 isn't killing your battery, nor is the bloatware. Mine goes all day and has 1/3 battery left. The thing that could kill a battery in 3 hours is GPS. That will constantly fix your position and constantly locate you on a map (even if you don't see it). I'd check for any program that uses it, and turn off GPS and see if the battery is better. Something is operating all the time, you just need to see what it is and turn it off.
    09-09-10 01:12 PM
    ok so its saying that the android system is using 68%, display 19% and cell standby 13%... is this bad or good
    Because I don't have an HTC phone, I'm not able to say if that high system usage is normal. Like posted above, my previous Droid and now my Droid X both listed the display as the largest battery user followed by Google Maps (which I use a lot) then other misc services, apps etc.

If you're not up to thoroughly sifting through all your running apps and services, doing a factory reset like already suggested may not be a bad idea. Just remember that it will wipe all apps/ settings from your phone so backup your sd card to your computer (if you have anything you can't afford to lose) before trying it. Also if you haven't done so already, you should post your question to the HTC forums.
    09-09-10 05:50 PM
    If they has better battery life with 2.1 with the same settings and apps why should they have to retweak everything. Battery life should get better or about the same. Period. Having said that, I've experienced slightly better battery life since 2.2. I'm about to purchase a seidio 1750 battery to give me a little more juice.
    get an EVO 1500 OEM instead. It is much cheaper and give the same if not better battery life

as for the battery problems, download spare parts from the market and look at the battery info. The "partial wake" will inform you what app is eating away so much on your battery.
    09-09-10 05:55 PM
    Howard I always enjoy reading your posts, since I always learn something new! ( and in the market for an android ) LOL!
    09-09-10 06:44 PM
    Ya something isn't right. With the update I am getting 11:46. Before it was about 9. I have a few apps that prevent the phone from sleeping as well. I do not use a task killer anymore bc I keep hearing that they kill batteries.
    09-10-10 05:18 AM
    I would say it is good practice to perform a Factory Reset after these OTA updates.

Sure it is a pain to redownload all your apps and set-up your screens the way you like them, but in the end, it is very much worth it, especially if you are having a lot of issues.
    09-10-10 01:48 PM
    There's controversy about task killers, it shouldn't be used UNLESS you know what you're doing. My bets is that when you go look at battery usage that call standby will be 50% or higher which will eat the battery up, it's getting pretty common lately to hear about that problem. Did you install 2.2 via OTA update or did you flash it yourself, factory reset would usually fix any instability issues.

I like 2.2 better than the previous, it's significantly faster and just as stable as before.
    09-10-10 04:33 PM
    2.2 doesn't need it. I used it on 2.1 just in case I wanted to close an app I couldn't close through the Menu key->Quit. Most of them stay open.
    09-10-10 11:12 PM
    Get rid of the App Killer, especially with 2.2 running.

Your best bet is to install the Cyanogen Mod 6.0.0, but check to see if your phone is listed to use this particular ROM.

I have a Moto Droid and Battery life was pretty bad, even before I rooted the phone.

The Cyanogen Mod is the best thing I could have done to my phone. I can forget to connect my phone to its charger and after 8 hours of non-use, it's only down ten percent. Before that, the phone would dead by the morning.

Just running a Stock Android OS with no bloatware is what's needed for these phones to shine.

I'm beginning to wonder what the fate of Android Phones will be since all these carriers and Manufacturers want to customize their devices to their liking, case in point, the Samsung Fascinate.
    Couldn't agree more. I finally rooted about a month ago with the original Droid. Once I flashed cyanogenmod 6 my battery life improved greatly. Especially in standby. I took my phone off the charger before Work one morning and accidently left my phone at home. After just under 10 hours off the charger, I was at 90%

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-11-10 08:34 AM
    One thing's for sure: the 2.2 isn't killing your battery, nor is the bloatware. Mine goes all day and has 1/3 battery left. The thing that could kill a battery in 3 hours is GPS. That will constantly fix your position and constantly locate you on a map (even if you don't see it). I'd check for any program that uses it, and turn off GPS and see if the battery is better. Something is operating all the time, you just need to see what it is and turn it off.
    100% right. When I rooted and flashed cm6 and Chevy's 1.1 ghz kernel, I forgot to go into settings and turn GPS off. After 4 hours of almost no use, I lost 30% battery. I felt let down thinking maybe overclocking did it and I would have to keep it set at 800mhz. Realized GPS was on, turned it off, and my battery life owns now.

09-11-10 08:40 AM
    100% right. When I rooted and flashed cm6 and Chevy's 1.1 ghz kernel, I forgot to go into settings and turn GPS off. After 4 hours of almost no use, I lost 30% battery. I felt let down thinking maybe overclocking did it and I would have to keep it set at 800mhz. Realized GPS was on, turned it off, and my battery life owns now.

You leave your Droid @ 1.1GHz?
    09-11-10 10:45 AM
    You leave your Droid @ 1.1GHz?
    Probably has the Min CPU setting down at 125 or 250Mhz to conserve battery when in Sleep/Standby.
    09-11-10 12:53 PM
    I hate the new 2.2! They add more apps that run all the time and you cant delete them! As if my battery life didnt suck before now I can't even go 3 hours without it blinky red!!!!!! They need to do something about all the apps running or fix if so we can delete them!!!! why do we need skype we dont have a front face camera? why do we need vz navigator we have free google maps! We need two news apps?!?!?
    I agree completely with you. I hate that my apps directory is filled with all this crap that I will never use. I don't have the tech smarts to go root the phone and do all that crap that other people do. I wish it was just included as an option.
    09-21-10 11:05 AM
    I have Launcher Pro. I thing that I can hide the icons that I don't want in my tray using that, like I could with my BB. They are not deleted, just hidden.
    09-21-10 02:13 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD