I got to tell you I am getting frustrated with the e-mail on the Droid and especially the font size. I can not believe that the update did not address that issue. I tried Spare Parts but frankly that sucks for fonts.
    My eyes are getting tired and I need to be able to read my e-mail without my reading glasses in a pinch and I can not read that small text!
    I also noticed that I am not getting all my pushed mail. I get some but sometimes I don;t get it all. I even set up a pop3 e-mail on the Droid and that seems to get most of it.

I got about 5 days to make a decision and I am going to boot my Storm 9530 up and see if the new hybrid fixed some of the .328 issues.

I also seem to have developed some Google calendar issues. Used to get appointments with locations and I could map it now I have to have address in the notes for me to do it. This happen after update.

Anyone else having second thoughts? I am just worried that the Jan update will not address the issues. Why waste the upgrade on this phone if I can't read the darn e-mails?
    12-11-09 05:58 PM
    No I am extremely satisfied and now I am happier that you reminded me that there will be another update in January! Yay Droid!!
    12-11-09 06:06 PM
    Buy an app to resize the fonts or get a new glasses. I can see just fine...
    12-11-09 06:46 PM
    I see my email perfectly fine. I don't think it is too small at all.
    12-11-09 07:05 PM
    I can see mine perfect and push is working great! Use your pc till your bifocals arrive

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-11-09 07:10 PM
    Best of both worlds here. I couldn't stand the email on droid and I missed bbm, suretype, sense of security, and email. I love both phones though just needed my trusty old berry.
    12-11-09 07:13 PM
    Seriously before you make a mistake and go to the Storm see an optometristm. I wear bifocals and I can read my email fine.

12-11-09 07:17 PM
    What app are you talking about? I searched the Market and could not find anything for it.

Buy an app to resize the fonts or get a new glasses. I can see just fine...
    12-11-09 07:17 PM
    My eyes for normal vision are fine about 20/25 or better most days but I do use reading glasses from time to time and sometimes in the field if I get an e-mail and I do not have glasses I would love to adjust the font so I can quickly reply.

Seriously before you make a mistake and go to the Storm see an optometristm. I wear bifocals and I can read my email fine.

12-11-09 07:20 PM
    I hate flaming on phones, but while my wife is waiting for her upgrade in January, I have been letting her use the phones I don't use anymore. She has been using an 8330 for about a month without issue, great phone.

I bought a Storm 1 for very cheap to try out. I activated it for her today and got very frustrated setting it up for her. I knew she probably wouldn't like it, but wanted to let her use touch screen for a bit to get used to it. Now, i know the Passion (which hopefully will come out on VZW) touchscreen will be completely different than the Storm, but I literally wanted to toss it against the wall in the 30 minutes I worked with it. Needless to say, 2 hours later she texted me saying she didn't like it.

Grated the email text may be larger, but seriously, all around I woldn't know why anyone woudl want to use the Storm. Maybe the Curve or Tour.
    12-11-09 07:41 PM
    Though it is funny to talk about the O.P. needing new glasses, and even though no one else seems to need to resize the font. This is certainly a fair and appropriate place to mention that it would be better if the font size could be increased. Also, for those of considering the switch to the Droid, it's good information.
    12-11-09 07:51 PM
    Look, I am not a big Storm fan. If one was to read my past posts would know that but I just don't want to get stuck with a phone that may or may not get a font adjusting app in the future. I been thru that with BBs. I can not believe that I am the only one that would love an app for that! How in this day and age Google came out with something that can not be adjusted?
    12-11-09 07:59 PM
    I wonder if Dolphin browser pinch zoom works with E-mail

12-11-09 08:10 PM
    Look, I am not a big Storm fan. If one was to read my past posts would know that but I just don't want to get stuck with a phone that may or may not get a font adjusting app in the future. I been thru that with BBs. I can not believe that I am the only one that would love an app for that! How in this day and age Google came out with something that can not be adjusted?
    On that note, I would agree with you. Just wouldn't know why anyone would put them through the pain of navigating the Storm screen But I guess if you can't see what you are receiving, then what is the point of that too.
    12-11-09 08:18 PM
    I think e-mail is an acceptable loss to have the Droid, unless of course your a business user or you don't know what Twitter,FaceBook and IM are.
    12-11-09 08:19 PM
    There lies the problem! I am a business user that could use Gmail for the most part and my Godaddy account does push mail also. But I would love to see then darn thing! and yes I know what FB, Twitter and IM are and I use some. Not exactly sure what that meant?

I think e-mail is an acceptable loss to have the Droid, unless of course your a business user or you don't know what Twitter,FaceBook and IM are.
    12-11-09 08:26 PM
    Anyway, does anyone know an app for font size?
    12-11-09 08:27 PM
    I had both storms and would never go back after having an eris for a few days. After all THE issues with blackberrys I have had it. THE android will put BB out of business . These devices are so much more advanced than any other device out there. Every BB owner I know that saw my phone wants one they can't believe the difference . I have had no issues with this phone in the four days I have owned it not like the storms I had.

12-11-09 08:59 PM
    Talk about defensive - the fact is that the Droid's font is too small for many people over 40 to easily read. Go around and see the font size that many 40+ year old business people use on their BBs and you realize how important this can be.

Comments such as get different glasses or use your PC, etc. are not helpful in the least. This is a significant feature omission and is (and should be) a big deal if it affects you.

Again, comments minimizing the email deficiencies some user experience is not helpful. Most business people use email, not FB, Twitter, etc. to communicate with their business contacts. Obviously this is different for some of the 20 something crowd or certain industries, but very few executive level types use social networking communication tools to conduct business.

Answers that deal with the OPs issues are much more helpful then are posts that try to convince them that their concerns lack merit.

Just my two cents.
    12-11-09 09:41 PM
    Why, its easier for the fanboys to blame the user than do admit the obvious shortcomings of the moto. If you cant change font size.... nuff said, its unacceptable.
    12-11-09 09:44 PM
    Sorry, I didn't know the original poster was 40+ yrs old.
    12-11-09 09:45 PM
    I dont have problems with reading email or resizing it. Actually the Droid displays emails better than every other phone except the iPhone, which it displays just as well.

I do agree with push Gmail not being 100% perfect. Sometimes I wont get a push email sometimes. Ill check my mail on my computer and see one there. Not a big deal because it happens very rarely and I would say email pushes 98% of the time. Its plenty fine for my use.

I would say if you need corporate email or rely on email for your business a BB is a better choice.
    12-11-09 09:57 PM
    To the OP, ok i also HAD e-mail problems but i started using the K-9 e-mail app and it retrieves my e-mail every 60 seconds. There are occasional glitches but works pretty good. Check it out. I believe i have my POP3 yahoo e-mail set up as IMAP.
    12-11-09 11:20 PM
    does K-9 allow font resizing?

To the OP, ok i also HAD e-mail problems but i started using the K-9 e-mail app and it retrieves my e-mail every 60 seconds. There are occasional glitches but works pretty good. Check it out. I believe i have my POP3 yahoo e-mail set up as IMAP.
    12-12-09 07:42 AM
    does K-9 allow font resizing?
    No, it does not. Why does everyone keep side stepping your original question? I agree, the fonts are rediculous! I have to ask you, how is your camera? Mine is so bad that I don't even like using it now.

I am getting a bit frustrated with the Android forum. There just doesn't seem to be a lot of action or shared thoughts. This could only leave me to believe that many have gone back to their blackberrys or other phones. Like you, I have asked several times about the fonts and got almost zero response.
    12-12-09 09:59 AM
55 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD