Email come sin just as fast on my Android devices as it did on my BB and iPhone.
    01-17-11 02:52 PM
    I get my email on my Incredible just as fast as I did on the Bold. I have never had issues with my Incredible with my gmail.
    01-19-11 07:55 PM
    Not getting my email instantly back in November cost me $1000 in a sale so I immediately switched back to my 8330.
    I am NOT in sales but have seen this type of reasoning to support BB's before. What I don't quite get is are there that many situations in sales where a minute or two matter? And if so why not call or even text instead of relying on the speed of an email?

I would think that any speed difference between gmail and BB would be negligible. And even if there were a true speed difference (say for example BB is always 5 minutes faster), I doubt it would matter most of the time to most people.
    01-19-11 10:00 PM
    The last two emails I got on my BlackBerry were truncated. I'm sick of that. Played with a Droid X today. I'm sold. Can't wait til Bionic.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-19-11 10:08 PM
    Honestly I don't see a big difference in the email capabilities between BIS on BB and android. When I set up yahoo, it was just as easy as setting it up on bb and I can't tell any difference in performance. The exception was a valornet email address that I could not get configured to push on its own. I finally just forwarded that account to gmail and problem solved. To me the differences between BIS and android are minuscule. With BES those differences might be bigger.

01-19-11 10:34 PM
    I don't have a comment regarding the speed of email on the two devices.

I did however think the subject of this thread was LOL funny

01-19-11 10:58 PM
    must be your devices/coverage, its a race between my berry and incredible to see which one gets gmail first. sometimes its the BB sometimes its the inc. I actually get my hotmail and work email isntantly on my Inc but there is upto a 15 minutes lag since BIS has to poll those accounts so they are not push on my BB
    Set your work email on your blackberry using imap settings if available, that will make it instant and also all read and deleted emails will synch to your outlook not vice versa though. If you set it up as pop3 then you will get the up to 15 minutes delay.

01-20-11 05:47 AM
    Set your work email on your blackberry using imap settings if available, that will make it instant and also all read and deleted emails will synch to your outlook not vice versa though. If you set it up as pop3 then you will get the up to 15 minutes delay.

trust me its set up correctly
    01-20-11 09:29 AM
    trust me its set up correctly
    I'm not saying it's set up incorrectly, I had the exact same problem. I own a domain for my business and have 2 email addresses set up. At first I set them up on my blackberry using the pop settings and I noticed emails were taking as long as 15 minutes to arrive.
    I then looked into it and found out my email provider www.1and1.co.uk in my case, also supported imap.
    I deleted the email account from my blackberry and set it up again using the imap settings, now I get my emails in exactly 7 seconds, I timed many times, and if I delete a n email or mark it as read on my phone it synchs almost instantly to my outlook. Tested many times.
    However, it doesn't work the other way around.

01-20-11 09:35 AM
    Email with a Mac account SUCKS on Android devices, especially when routed through a personal business website. I've had two Androids that were terribly slow with my Mac and Comcast emails, most of the time just not getting them at all, even when going in and manually requesting a refresh/pull. Neither the iPhone or BlackBerry has any issues with these two accounts. I've done side by side comparisons with my Hotmail and Gmail accounts on both 9700 & Vibrant, the BB was exact with the Gmail, and several seconds to almost five minutes faster, no idea why the difference, with Hotmail. I've experienced the exact same results with every customer phone I've ever handled where they were curious about this issue. Personally I don't really care because I only receive emails on my phone so that I don't have to sift through hundreds of emails when I finally decide to check them on my computer, but if it's a deciding factor for any customer I immediately turn them away from Android.
    01-20-11 01:06 PM
    BeyondTheBox, is this using Android's stock email client; or through a third-party like K9?
    01-20-11 01:18 PM
    I accidentally bought an 8707v it was buy now/best offer on ebay, I put in a half price offer and the guy accepted it, �25 lol

01-20-11 02:20 PM
    BeyondTheBox, is this using Android's stock email client; or through a third-party like K9?
    Stock device service.
    01-20-11 02:46 PM
    I could see that happening BeyondTheBox. I think that's K9 Mail's attractiveness. I haven't messed with Touchdown since it's a paid app (I don't recall if they had a trial version or not), but these programs offer something possibly easing the pain of potential BlackBerry defectors who must have push email.
    01-20-11 03:04 PM
    I could see that happening BeyondTheBox. I think that's K9 Mail's attractiveness. I haven't messed with Touchdown since it's a paid app (I don't recall if they had a trial version or not), but these programs offer something possibly easing the pain of potential BlackBerry defectors who must have push email.
    I'm of the old school theory, it's such a basic function of a smart phone, how dare Google expect me to download a third party app to make it work properly. How dare they not even compete with BlackBerry in the simplest of features. Tisk, tisk Android, I'm stickin' with my BB.

You know what's funny. I revered my Android for the longest time, over my iPhone 3GS & 9700, but ever since I got my computer back, all the things the Android had over the BB are now moot and worthless. I'm thinking heavily about selling my Vibrant, I just hate selling used things because I feel like I'm trying to get away with something. Still, I could use the funds for strippers and booze.
    01-21-11 12:41 PM
    ^^^maybe one of them needs a phone?
    01-21-11 01:48 PM
    I'm of the old school theory, it's such a basic function of a smart phone, how dare Google expect me to download a third party app to make it work properly. How dare they not even compete with BlackBerry in the simplest of features. Tisk, tisk Android, I'm stickin' with my BB.

You know what's funny. I revered my Android for the longest time, over my iPhone 3GS & 9700, but ever since I got my computer back, all the things the Android had over the BB are now moot and worthless. I'm thinking heavily about selling my Vibrant, I just hate selling used things because I feel like I'm trying to get away with something. Still, I could use the funds for strippers and booze.
    Well, the stock gmail app works well with gmail accounts if you're a big gmail user; but from the looks of it, you aren't. Don't worry, my friend actually got rid of his tour for a Galaxy Tab, dumb phone, and an iPod Touch. Not to mention, he does have a mac book pro. Personally, I still use my desktop for a lot of things, but email doesn't seem to be part of that mix.
    01-21-11 03:11 PM
    Well, the stock gmail app works well with gmail accounts if you're a big gmail user; but from the looks of it, you aren't. Don't worry, my friend actually got rid of his tour for a Galaxy Tab, dumb phone, and an iPod Touch. Not to mention, he does have a mac book pro. Personally, I still use my desktop for a lot of things, but email doesn't seem to be part of that mix.
    Older blackberry(8300/9000) and a Galaxy Tab could make a nice combination, especially when the prices will drop once the new android tablets hit the shops. Had the chance to play with the Tab and it's quite nice.

01-21-11 03:19 PM
    I'm not really a big email user at all. I'd rather I'd never created a single one, but so much business related is predicated on it's use. Now I have five!
    01-21-11 10:25 PM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD