My Bolt woke me up at 5AM! I had to get up at 5:15 AM for work anyway. The screen was bright white and rebooted a few times.

Seems I received an OTA update. Did anyone else get this? I assume it fixes the voicemail notifications issue. I think it is strange my Bolt updates on its own though. I didn't accept or anything. Second time I got an OTA without any action on my part.
    10-26-11 03:08 PM
    Same as last update, just fixed:

Enhancements:

• Download Manager App: New App to manage all of your downloads from web browsing, and other apps.
    • App and Power Management Details: Under Manage Applications, a new “Running” tab displays a list of active applications and the storage and memory being used by each. Power efficiency mode option has also been added under Settings > Power.
    • New Homescreen Experience: New widgets, icons and screens with refreshed colors.
    • Full Dock Mode App: This App includes three shortcuts at the bottom: Gallery, Music and Calendar. In addition, this mode showcases Friend Stream updates, upcoming meeting invites, notifications, weather clock and has a slide show as the background wallpaper. Within this App, a user can also enable the mobile hotspot in dock mode.

Additional Features, Improvements and Fixes:
    • Alarm notifications will no longer appear while in Emergency Mode.
    • Improved security features that reduce device vulnerability.
    • Improved data connectivity.
    • Improved audio quality while using Bluetooth�.
    • Improved Bluetooth security.
    • Decreased wait time when saving audio attachments.
    • Resolved issue with basic voicemail notification.
    • V CAST Tones now comes preloaded.
    • New Google Books app.
    • Enhanced UI for data roaming.
    • Resolved issue with SMS messages being sent to incorrect recipient on rare occasions.
    • Reduced Force Close errors while using TuneWiki.
    • Reduced Force Close errors when using the front camera.
    • Resolved issue with audio reroute to phone while on Bluetooth.

And clearly, your Thunderbolt is haunted.
    Chrisy and jeffh like this.
    10-26-11 03:17 PM
    Ah thanks! Good stuff I guess. Little unnerving that it updates automagically.
    10-26-11 03:22 PM
    Wow, usually they don't force automatic updates right away like that. I wonder if they are pushing them out faster now because of the security issue and the VM issue? Weird.

I'm rooted, debloated, and hopefully safe from the forced update. I intend to update anyway, it's just bad if it's forced from VZW. I will download a debloated and rooted version later.
    10-26-11 07:29 PM
    Wow, usually they don't force automatic updates right away like that. I wonder if they are pushing them out faster now because of the security issue and the VM issue? Weird.

I'm rooted, debloated, and hopefully safe from the forced update. I intend to update anyway, it's just bad if it's forced from VZW. I will download a debloated and rooted version later.
    That would suck if it was pushed to you and you lost root. :\
    10-27-11 09:09 AM
    Someone on Android Forums told me the OTA was being pushed out and started automatically because it has the security issue fix as part of the update.
    10-27-11 12:12 PM

There is already a debloated and rooted version. I updated quickly to it to avoid VZW from doing for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-27-11 03:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD