HTC Thunderbolt OTA Update: 10/2011
My Bolt woke me up at 5AM! I had to get up at 5:15 AM for work anyway. The screen was bright white and rebooted a few times.
Seems I received an OTA update. Did anyone else get this? I assume it fixes the voicemail notifications issue. I think it is strange my Bolt updates on its own though. I didn't accept or anything. Second time I got an OTA without any action on my part.
- 10-26-2011, 03:17 PM #2
Same as last update, just fixed:
- Download Manager App: New App to manage all of your downloads from web browsing, and other apps.
- App and Power Management Details: Under Manage Applications, a new “Running” tab displays a list of active applications and the storage and memory being used by each. Power efficiency mode option has also been added under Settings > Power.
- New Homescreen Experience: New widgets, icons and screens with refreshed colors.
- Full Dock Mode App: This App includes three shortcuts at the bottom: Gallery, Music and Calendar. In addition, this mode showcases Friend Stream updates, upcoming meeting invites, notifications, weather clock and has a slide show as the background wallpaper. Within this App, a user can also enable the mobile hotspot in dock mode.
Additional Features, Improvements and Fixes:
- Alarm notifications will no longer appear while in Emergency Mode.
- Improved security features that reduce device vulnerability.
- Improved data connectivity.
- Improved audio quality while using Bluetooth®.
- Improved Bluetooth security.
- Decreased wait time when saving audio attachments.
- Resolved issue with basic voicemail notification.
- V CAST Tones now comes preloaded.
- New Google Books app.
- Enhanced UI for data roaming.
- Resolved issue with SMS messages being sent to incorrect recipient on rare occasions.
- Reduced Force Close errors while using TuneWiki.
- Reduced Force Close errors when using the front camera.
- Resolved issue with audio reroute to phone while on Bluetooth.
And clearly, your Thunderbolt is haunted.
- 10-26-2011, 07:29 PM #4
Wow, usually they don't force automatic updates right away like that. I wonder if they are pushing them out faster now because of the security issue and the VM issue? Weird.
I'm rooted, debloated, and hopefully safe from the forced update. I intend to update anyway, it's just bad if it's forced from VZW. I will download a debloated and rooted version later.