Not vaporware Semantics, please read....
    Verizon tests first data connections on LTE network in Seattle and Boston -- Engadget
    Verizon has more costumers that ANYONE. Fin. They will not let network speed be an obstacle....can you hear me now???
    That article is April 2009. Do you need current articles??? YES~!
    Here you go, strait from big red eh?
    LTE Information Center
    Way more aggressive than any other carrier...he he
    You realize that those two controlled tests are the same thing Sprint did with WiMax, back in 2006? It takes a **** of a long time to implement after initial testing. Spring will have 80 markets at the end of 2010, it just takes time. Regardless of what Big Red says, you need to consider the real facts, not the propaganda machine.

1. They can't get Voice and SMS to work on LTE. Does that make you confident you will see a 4G handset in 2010?

2. They cannot agree on a frequency standard. Does that make you feel confident you will see a 4G handset in 2010?

3. There is not a single LTE chipset set for production, at least until 2H of 2010. Does that make you feel confident you will see a 4G handset in 2010?

The issues with LTE are real. Just ignore the professionals who state bluntly that LTE is a lot further out than the carriers are letting people think. Sure, Verizon will have LTE in some cities at the end of 2010, but it will only be for data. They haven't figured out how to get voice and sms to work, yet.

I'm sure we'll see that 4G iphone running on VZW LTE in the second half of 2010.
    01-19-10 11:05 AM
    You realize that those two controlled tests are the same thing Sprint did with WiMax, back in 2006? It takes a **** of a long time to implement after initial testing. Spring will have 80 markets at the end of 2010, it just takes time. Regardless of what Big Red says, you need to consider the real facts, not the propaganda machine.

1. They can't get Voice and SMS to work on LTE. Does that make you confident you will see a 4G handset in 2010?

2. They cannot agree on a frequency standard. Does that make you feel confident you will see a 4G handset in 2010?

3. There is not a single LTE chipset set for production, at least until 2H of 2010. Does that make you feel confident you will see a 4G handset in 2010?

The issues with LTE are real. Just ignore the professionals who state bluntly that LTE is a lot further out than the carriers are letting people think. Sure, Verizon will have LTE in some cities at the end of 2010, but it will only be for data. They haven't figured out how to get voice and sms to work, yet.

I'm sure we'll see that 4G iphone running on VZW LTE in the second half of 2010.
    I do agree it will take a while for the 4g LTE handsets to roll out on VZ. Their rollout (LTE) starting this year full implemtation by 2012/13.
    01-19-10 11:34 AM
    The guy Twinx is some kinda high level engineer in the Telecomm field...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f71/lte-vzw-189077/
    01-19-10 11:38 AM
    I do agree it will take a while for the 4g LTE handsets to roll out on VZ. Their rollout (LTE) starting this year full implemtation by 2012/13.
    2013? WUWT? We'll all be dead by then. We'll have universal healthcare so who will give a s#*t about 4g and LTE?
    01-19-10 02:59 PM
    2013? WUWT? We'll all be dead by then. We'll have universal healthcare so who will give a s#*t about 4g and LTE?
    Hey I know Sprint is dropping the first 4g device, and that is great.
    But don't discount VZ.................. thats all I'm saying. It is possible they may
    have the biggest, and strongest 4g network.
    Notice I said may
    01-19-10 03:56 PM
    Props to Sprint for having the first 4G network. Unfortunately I don't give a **** because Sprints blanketed 3G coverage in my area can't even hold a call, or its own network connection (always roamed on Verizon and I have no clue why). So I wont care until AT&T and Verizon get 4G, then everything will be good for me.

I am interested to see how WiMax hold up though, and if they do decide to convert to LTE or not.
    Last edited by avt123; 01-19-10 at 07:20 PM.
    01-19-10 07:18 PM

100,000,000 people will have 4g (LTE) this year acording to big red. That is aggressive bud. When Verizon advertises there 4G network, it will not be like sprint in two cities, it will come hard, and be fully inplace by 2013. (the red map bud) not the blue one, because if we had that map, we would be done in a year and a half! LOL! Thats 3 yeas from 3G to LTE on the RED map. verizon allready has the hardware in place, where as other prividers are still expanding theirs. I like Sprint, but we are going supersonic TOO broski! pssst. LTE is the fastest of the 4g technologies he he
    01-20-10 12:59 PM
    100,000,000 people will have 4g (LTE) this year acording to big red. That is aggressive bud. When Verizon advertises there 4G network, it will not be like sprint in two cities, it will come hard, and be fully inplace by 2013. (the red map bud) not the blue one, because if we had that map, we would be done in a year and a half! LOL! Thats 3 yeas from 3G to LTE on the RED map. verizon allready has the hardware in place, where as other prividers are still expanding theirs. I like Sprint, but we are going supersonic TOO broski! pssst. LTE is the fastest of the 4g technologies he he
    If you honestly believe a single word of this bolded part of the post you just said, you are a ridiculously, uninformed human being.
    Last edited by Semantics; 01-20-10 at 07:23 PM.
    01-20-10 07:21 PM
    If you honestly believe a single word of this bolded part of the post you just said, you are a ridiculously, uninformed human being.
    What qualifies you to be the judge of me? That there in bold is what angers you because it is in contrast to what you know. Fact is Hombre, that what I am saying is direct from those links, and sublinks from Verizon. I know, in the tech world, things happen and not what is said gets done. Remember, we are congradulating HTC going 4g, and thank you for your article. I believe it when I see it dude. Now pick yourself back up and look at the name on your profile. Now carrie yourself with it bud read those links, and then say what you did. I will then copy paste them for you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by johnly; 01-20-10 at 11:07 PM.
    01-20-10 11:02 PM
    Back on topic ....more leaked pics and possible March release. Look at the specs on this beast. This may be the device that has me leave BB. What's even more exciting for me is Wimax in NYC 2010! So while AT&T tries to figure out there problems in NYC I'll be flying with 4G.

HTC Supersonic spotted in the wild?
    01-28-10 07:28 PM
    The site all the tech sites are pulling that picture from is a Russian site, that site states the Supersonic is going to a Russian carrier. It's disturbing that these sites aren't vetting their information, they're grabbing information from one uniformed site and running with it. Or they have a source.

Rumor: Sprint's HTC Supersonic Actually Destined for Russia? | DroidTalk

Right now all we have confirmed is the A9292 a HTC WiMAX candy bar phone. No specs or images.
    01-28-10 10:48 PM
    This device seems almost too perfect. The rumored specs are outrageous. If this came out tomorrow, I think I would be tempted to get it, but if its not going to come out until later this year, then it may not be a big deal. I give it a couple of months and you will see several devices that have similar specs maybe even better.

01-28-10 11:58 PM
    i love it all this BS talk about sprints 4G is crazy i say crazy there is no such thing as 4g it its 3G it wifi built into so its a hybrid yuck... they tack on 4G to get suckers to go all crazy. so crazy...
    01-29-10 06:04 AM
    i love it all this BS talk about sprints 4G is crazy i say crazy there is no such thing as 4g it its 3G it wifi built into so its a hybrid yuck... they tack on 4G to get suckers to go all crazy. so crazy...
    Actually Moosc, the suckers are the ignoramus like yourself! Please don't take offense but EVERYBODY knows that sprints 4g is Wimax, a new network for them. A FOURTH GENERATION network. Hmmmm. Sucker

01-29-10 07:03 AM
    yea i was reading about this device the other day i can't wait to see an hd2 size device running android, this will surely be and instant hit among all smartphone lovers (especially android enthusiats)
    01-29-10 05:30 PM
    accidental post
    Last edited by DR.ANDROID; 01-29-10 at 05:37 PM. Reason: oops posted it twice
    01-29-10 05:33 PM
    Actually Moosc, the suckers are the ignoramus like yourself! Please don't take offense but EVERYBODY knows that sprints 4g is Wimax, a new network for them. A FOURTH GENERATION network. Hmmmm. Sucker

technically your right masterpiece wimax is 4G (which simply means Sprints 4th Generation Network moosc). Who said LTE (which is what AT&T and Verizon will be running) was the official definition or Standard for 4G i don't know where this moosc guy is getting his info from but you are sadly mistaken my friend to think Sprints Wimax network isn't 4G
    01-29-10 05:34 PM

The ignorant part is that current WiMax and LTE-Standard are not truly 4G. WiMaxm and LTE-Advanced is. Both candidates you won't see for a long while. Another reason I feel Clear isn't in any rush to upgrade to M is the possibility of switching to LTE, something that both Bill Morrow and Dan Hesse mentioned. The better solution in my opinion is to combined both technologies, since they are 90% similar to each other. Everybody wins.
    01-30-10 09:42 AM
    What qualifies you to be the judge of me? That there in bold is what angers you because it is in contrast to what you know. Fact is Hombre, that what I am saying is direct from those links, and sublinks from Verizon. I know, in the tech world, things happen and not what is said gets done. Remember, we are congradulating HTC going 4g, and thank you for your article. I believe it when I see it dude. Now pick yourself back up and look at the name on your profile. Now carrie yourself with it bud read those links, and then say what you did. I will then copy paste them for you.

Fact is hombre, the big red map is a lie. Verizon promised that for the last 3 years, bud. Every time there is something about sprint and wimax, Verizon has sent out it legend of ad people screaming it is only 3 months away, bud.

But let us stop and think, bud.

How is the equipment already in place, bud?

They have not even designed the specs for it, bud.

They have not even began to make a on hardware fully compatible with it, bud.

All they have been doing is spin their wheels, bud.

They do not have a hardware protocol, bud.
    You know what that is,bud?
    It is the design specs to build the hardware, bud.
    They do not have it, bud.
    Why, bud?
    Because the main part of the protocol uses a 20 year old system that as abandoned for unreliability, bud.
    So in order to get lte working, they need to fix that bud.
    Which does not look likely, bud.
    01-30-10 10:42 AM
    technically your right masterpiece wimax is 4G (which simply means Sprints 4th Generation Network moosc). Who said LTE (which is what AT&T and Verizon will be running) was the official definition or Standard for 4G i don't know where this moosc guy is getting his info from but you are sadly mistaken my friend to think Sprints Wimax network isn't 4G
    4g is a marketing term. Nothing more. Nothing less.
    01-30-10 10:45 AM
    The ignorant part is that current WiMax and LTE-Standard are not truly 4G. WiMaxm and LTE-Advanced is. Both candidates you won't see for a long while. Another reason I feel Clear isn't in any rush to upgrade to M is the possibility of switching to LTE, something that both Bill Morrow and Dan Hesse mentioned. The better solution in my opinion is to combined both technologies, since they are 90% similar to each other. Everybody wins.
    Wimaxm is what you have today. Wimax mobile, it is kind of in the name. Mobile. Lte will not support faster speeds until the redesign the protocol.

Wimax comes in two forms. Mobile and fixed. Wimaxm and Wimaxf.

Wimaxm is already out there.

LTE will not have the advanced standard until 2017..
    01-30-10 10:49 AM
    Wimaxm is what you have today. Wimax mobile, it is kind of in the name. Mobile. Lte will not support faster speeds until the redesign the protocol.

Wimax comes in two forms. Mobile and fixed. Wimaxm and Wimaxf.

Wimaxm is already out there.

LTE will not have the advanced standard until 2017..
    I was referring to the next version of Wimax, 802.16m, not mobile but I didn't make myself clear.

I was waiting for you to show up in this thread, as you're one of the few who truly knows about this subject. I'm still laughing at what johnly wrote, but hopefully he's being sarcastic on the matter at hand. Having said that, I can't wait for the device to be officially announced for Sprint, before jumping up and down about it.
    Last edited by Sinternet Jr.; 01-30-10 at 11:27 AM.
    01-30-10 11:23 AM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD