Hey guys,

Came across the below and they are reporting the "death grip" can be performed on the Sensation. And it's much more sensitive than the iPhone because the antennas are on the back at the top and bottom so just putting you hand on it will cause it to happen. So that means while holding the phone in landscape you could cause problems with the cell radio, gps, and wifi. Seems like a less of a problem in portrait. I hope they just got a buggy device because I was looking forward to this. And this couldn't just be covered up with a case like the iPhone. A case would make it worst if this is true. I did find it interesting that this was the only site that found this but then again, I'm not sure if any other site was actually trying to find it or didn't notice any problems if since they were mostly review features of the phone and not necessarily testing radio performance. Anyhow, just passing along....

HTC Sensation suffers from death grip, iPhone 4 caught snickering - GSMArena.com news
    06-06-11 11:22 AM
    I've actually seen rumblings of this on other sites as well. I'm definitely picking one up, but I won't be so fast in throwing my MT4G on ebay .
    06-06-11 09:08 PM
    I've actually seen rumblings of this on other sites as well. I'm definitely picking one up, but I won't be so fast in throwing my MT4G on ebay .
    Yeah I think I'm still going to pick one up because it will be better than my G2X. Where else have you seen this? I just want to see what's out there about it already.

Edit: Did a google search (duh) and see that it is spreading around now.
    Last edited by scorpiodsu; 06-07-11 at 09:18 AM.
    06-07-11 09:15 AM
    Just picked my the Sensation and this thing flies!
    06-09-11 11:31 AM
    You already got one??? Awesome!

Silly question - is there the ability to turn off the animations?
    06-09-11 12:39 PM
    You already got one??? Awesome!

Silly question - is there the ability to turn off the animations?
    Yes Walmart started selling them yesterday. Got it 148.88 on contract. You can turn off the normal animations like other Android phone but I haven't seen if you can turn off the "3D" effect when changing screen. At work and it's sitting on the charger so I really won't get to play around with it until later on. I'll let you know then.

Also, the pictures do not do this phone any justice. I know how everyone has talked about how all HTC devices look a like but you can easily tell the different between this and an EVO or Thunderbolt. It's thinner and lighter than I thought. It's about the exact same size as the G2X with a bigger screen and better form design. Very pleasing to the eyes LOL.
    06-09-11 02:16 PM
    Aww I bet that's killing you that you can't be playing with your new toy right now! I've seen the pics on Engagdet's review & those REALLY show off the slim profile of the device!
    06-09-11 02:36 PM
    “Every phone experiences a slight variation in signal strength when the antenna is covered in its entirety by a palm and/or fingers” HTC explained. “However, under normal circumstances this does not affect the performance of the phone.” It’s a similar message to that which Apple used amid the furore over the iPhone 4 antenna, and an issue which, depending on design, affects all handsets.
    HTC: There’s no Sensation “death grip” issue - SlashGear
    06-10-11 10:35 AM
    Yeah I haven't been able to replicate it. Trust me that is one of the first things I tried. So far so good and no connection issues.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    06-10-11 11:25 AM
    The screen doesn't at all look 4.3 and the casebak is horrible, but ot zips along so smoothly. Between it and the G2X there's a real nice lineup of Android devices at TMob!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-11-11 11:55 PM
    Just picked up my Sensation, and I haven't been able to replicate the death grip on either 4G or WiFi.
    06-15-11 01:01 PM
    Just picked up my Sensation, and I haven't been able to replicate the death grip on either 4G or WiFi.
    I found "death grip" on Captivate. Well, not really a death grip, but it does drop a couple of bars on both Wifi and 3G. Antennas are located across the top between the camera and the battery. If you cover the area with your fingers, it lowers the signal.

Not that you would actually hold it that way...
    06-15-11 02:02 PM
    I may not be able to replicate it simply because my hands are too tiny. I don't really grip my phones per se, I typically let it just rest against my fingers. When I tried to give it a "death grip" there just might not have been enough hand.
    06-15-11 02:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD