Contract is up in a few weeks. I am forced to go with AT&T due relocation.
    The HTC is cutting edge, but the BB Bold just plain works. I'm torn about what to do. I don't really use the BB Bridge hardly at all with my Playbook, so that's not an issue.
    I do like to pocket carry with my current 9650, but the HTC looks so damb good.
    What should I do?
    05-19-12 11:56 AM
    HTC One X, Dude! The Bold is not even in the same league!!
    05-19-12 12:06 PM
    They are not comparable but depend upon your needs. Go to the Phone Arena site for a review of the Galaxy S3 and it comparison to the One X. This site overwhelming votes for the SG3.
    05-19-12 12:25 PM
    Att will give you 30 days to test drive a phone. I'd try out the HTC for a few weeks. Then if you don't like it, you can always exchange it for the BB
    05-19-12 01:17 PM
    I was seriously thinking about updating to the HTC one X with my upgrade in July, but very disappointed that it doesn't come with a SD card slot...
    05-25-12 09:44 AM
    Bold 9900 is pretty much a smart feature phone running a legacy OS. The HTC One X is one of the best Android devices you can get right now. Don't even think about it, go Android and like countless here you'll never look back.
    Last edited by JD914; 05-25-12 at 09:51 AM.
    05-25-12 09:48 AM
    it doesn't come with the micro sd slot but it does come with 25gb's for dropbox that will auto upload your photos for you, as well google+ will sync them as well, so is storage space really needed now with all of the cloud services?
    05-28-12 11:20 AM
    What are your wants/needs/goals in life? What kind of person are you? If you want the latest and greatest go for the HTC one X. Do you want to take pictures and browse a lot with super fast speed? Do you need the games? Do you mind if your phone makes some fuss when you try to send a simple text? Or are you always on the go and want your phone to just work.

If you want your phone for nothing more than a phone and to just work you should get the Bold 9900. Especially if you value a keyboard, email, bbm, multitasking, led light. If you want to play around with your phone all the time and engage into apps and games a lot I would get an android. If your comfortable tinkering around with the settings constantly. If you're OCD about your phone eating up Data and eating up battery all the time I would stay away from Android.
    05-28-12 03:01 PM
    Here's a heads up OP... Android just works too!
    If you have a hard time just sending a simple text or are constantly tinkering with the settings then you just don't know how Android works..
    05-28-12 09:00 PM
    I definately wouldn't be getting a Bold 9900 on contract..that's for sure. You can pick them things up for a couple hundred bucks lightly used. Locking yourself into a legacy OS for another few years would'nt be the brightest idea, especially with BB10 "right around the corner"
    05-29-12 09:26 AM
    I definitely wouldn't buy a 9900 on contract like Rickroller said. The device is not up-gradable to BB10, it is already old and OS 7 ecosystem is not impressive.

Either buy a used one or buy one off contract if you have the extra money to spend.

HTC One X all day, everyday over the 9900.
    05-29-12 11:05 AM
    Don't listen to the "just does" propaganda. People around here act like blackberries are the only phones that can do text or emails.

The One X is definitely the better of the two if you don't care about bridging to playbook. You can get whatsapp if you want a bbm replacement, it works on all platforms and is quite popular.

The only real advantage of the 9900 is the memory card slot. Sucks that htc didn't put that in. If that's a dealbreaker you might wanna look at the galaxy s3 which is similar to the one x spec-wise, but does allow micro-sd. General agreeement is that it's not quite as pretty as its HTC rival though (I actually like its appearance - but that's just my preference)

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    06-08-12 09:28 AM
    Should be pretty simple... If you want a keyboard get the 9900.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using the CrackBerry Forums App!
    06-08-12 11:54 AM
    I like both devices. But it is pretty hard to choose a BlackBerry smartphone over the One X.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    07-02-12 10:10 AM
    If the 9900 had an FFC, I would consider it. I love its design and style. And it has a card slot. The One X doesn't, but it does have the FFC.
    07-02-12 11:13 AM
    HOX has a better screen and is faster but is a uni-body design versus the 9900 which has expandable memory but non-HD resolution and less RAM/onboard storage as well as no AF. I still using the physical keyboard of my 9900 but I like the 4.8 inch display of my GS3 better than the HOX or the 9900.
    07-04-12 10:19 PM
    The physical keyboard of the Bold is superior to all other physical keyboards, but it doesn't compare to a virtual keyboard. Outside of the messaging capabilities, I don't see an advantage of the Bold over any high end Android device. I'm not saying that the Bold is a bad phone. I think it is an awesome device. But if I have to be objective, it is nowhere near the One X.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    07-05-12 07:00 AM
    I played with the One X when I was triying to decide between it and the S3. I was very impressed with it. In my opinion (and I currently have a 9900) there is no comparison between the One X and the Bold. I got my Bold last September but next to the One X and SG3 it seems almost old technology. When I first got it I thought it was the bees knees. I really do not think there's anything my 9900 can do that the One X can't, however it will do it differently. I have only 2 or three people left on BBM and don't really use it - I already use What'sApp.

I eventually decided on the SG3 which I'm getting tomorrow. It was close, but I didn't like the fact that the storage on the One X wasn't expandable and that there is no option to remove the battery.
    If you really want to get another 9900 I'd buy a cheap one off contract.
    Good luck!
    07-05-12 07:54 AM
    Android gets boring after awhile.
    You'll realize that you don't use a lot of apps & the ones you do use have ones just like it on your Blackberry.

Not saying Androids are bad phones, their great actually. But they just get boring eventually.

But, I'd say try the One X. Only because you need to try things first before you can tell if you really like it.

Personally I'd say go with the 9900, but that's only cause I tried my fair share of Androids & as stated above, got bored haha.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    07-05-12 01:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD