Going back to att as soon as they open. I am not going to say that its all andriod that i am not happy with, but could be. Wanted to try something different than blackberry, but now i dont know. If i could possible find the apps that are similar to what i had on mt blackberry, i would serious give the inspire a run. Maybe its just htc. Dont really know.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-06-11 01:10 AM
    What apps do you have and use on your BB so we can help you out.

I usually use this site to find apps.

Get the All-time popular Android apps on AppBrain
    03-06-11 02:57 AM
    Anything available for blackberry you can get for Android.
    03-06-11 05:53 AM
    If you expect it to work like a Blackberry out of the box..then you will be disappointed. It's a completely different OS, with a different approach to things..plain and simple. Can it do everything your BB does? Pretty much (and more)..but you will need to invest some time and effort into it to learn it and set it up.

With only 1 native sound for all your messages (email, text etc)..how I set mine up was use the native sound for emails (customized to what my BB was however), and then downloaded another SMS app (Handcent in my case) which allows for it's own custom notification sound. This one I also customized to the sound I was used to on my BB. I downloaded Whatsapp as my BBM replacement, which also has it's own customizable notification tone.

After that it's just a matter of setting things up to you're personal tastes..and doing some research and homework to get it all up and running to your liking.
    03-06-11 08:08 AM
    Thanks. I am still looking into some apps and threads. What i want the most is somfyhing like berrybuzz or bebuzz, new name, and different notifaction for messages. Going to check out handcent.

I cant figure out how to get my emails pushed. I would like more than three profiles to select from. Would love a longer battery life and to be able to download swype.

Apps on my bb - bbsmart alarm pro, ringtone remix, smiley pack, fancy character, font collection, message popup app, crackberry launcher (i know but there is a forum for android), just to name a few.

Thanks for any and all help.

03-06-11 10:10 AM
    What email clients are you using? Hotmail and Yahoo can be pushed..as does Gmail. You can always forward emails to the Gmail and push them from there. I personally use MailDroid..but it's "fetch" style..although I have it set for 5 min intervals..and my emails come really quick (I still get my work emails (pop3) quicker on my phone than sitting in front of my laptop).

As far as Bebuzz..there is an app called LED Me Know that's in Beta..or Missed Reminder..there is a few. However..i'm not sure if the Inspire supports 3 color LED's or not (which allows for all sorts of customizable colors). If it does you should be able to find something..although Bebuzz is pretty hard to beat.

Ringdroid allows you to take snippets from any song in your library to make your own custom ringtones.
    03-06-11 10:46 AM
    I am using yahoo and att. Will check out maildriod. Thanks.

How do i find out if it does support 3 color leds?

Will check out ringdriod as well.

Starting to think i shoukd have chosen the captivate instead. Even though i do not know if that makes a difference or not. I do know that the captivate do not support led notification.

Going to give it a week before i make my mind up. There is a new Samsung coming in June, maybe i will wait on that one.

03-06-11 12:44 PM

According to Android Forums..it appears it only supports 2 colors (thus not being able to make a full spectrum of colors)..but no one REALLY knows for sure..lol.

LED Notification Light - Android Forums

On a side note..some one in there recommended chompsms for "multicolor" nofitication..but i'm going to assume that's for sms only.
    03-06-11 01:53 PM
    Will check it out

03-06-11 03:54 PM
    Had a 9000, now have a 9700 and just picked up the Inspire last week. Got it activated on the BES and I LOVE it! Lightning quick, easy to customize home-screen, and all around awesome phone. Just one problem- when I delete emails on my bberry I have it set so they remain on my laptop. When I delete emails on my Inspire it wipes them off the laptop too. I've played w/ it for awhile but can't seem to find the setting to delete off the phone only. Might just call AT&T tomorrow
    Last edited by RazrRob; 03-06-11 at 05:03 PM. Reason: typo
    03-06-11 05:00 PM

Will check out ringdriod as well.

Starting to think i shoukd have chosen the captivate instead. Even though i do not know if that makes a difference or not. I do know that the captivate do not support led notification.

Going to give it a week before i make my mind up. There is a new Samsung coming in June, maybe i will wait on that one.

I have the yahoo app, but i haven't started it up (or configured it) yet. I'm guessing it has push.

Also, at&t email is pretty much yahoo with the att.net ending, so you'll probably be able to set it up using the same app, if it allows for multiple yahoo emails.
    03-07-11 02:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD