Can you explain how its a little scewed. Seems pretty darn fair to me. I mean your not getting nearly as many apps on a Blackberry then android, multi-tasking on android looks better the screen res is better its a multimedia centric device aimed to look good and appealing.

Blackberry just works nothing really to it. The email is better then android right now, as well as battery life but that's it. Its browser isn't competitive with androids. What did you want me to say to make the bb user feel better about our less appealing UI. Our phones just work and do what most smartphones can do just not as fast or as cool. Also when they get bored they can play monopoly, or a race care game etc. we have brickbreaker. So if you want entertainment plus a mix of work but not as focused primarily on productivity with your phone at all times away fm the office get android. If you want a workhorse centered on being quickly notified of work email and some social networking here and there with no games really just using it as a basic smartphone minus the glitz and glamor well get a blackberry. Seems like fair judgment to me

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    +1 for fair assessment.

Like a lot of folks I've been waiting for the tour2 or bold or whatever they're calling it now because when I got the 8330 it was hands down the BEST phone I'd ever used. But like a lot of people have voiced; bb just don't seem too exciting right now. Yes, they work (without question), but sometimes I want something shiny and new too. The bb experience is far from shiny and new.

Reflecting on the way I use my phone, maybe its time I tried something else. I KNOW I will miss the physical keyboard. And part of the reason I went with bb to begin with is their push email system... The thing about my email is I only use gmail. My bb is not hooked up to work or exchange or whatever. My phone is used as a consumer device more than anything else; fb, browsing, messaging. So I'm thinking about trying this Incredible out. If I don't like android, then I'll go back to RIM, a trusted brand.
    04-14-10 11:33 AM
    Must say it is looking VERY cool!

Now my only problem is getting rid of the other Tour I have had since last September for another member of my household. No way to get a replacement for that one before the 2 year agreement is up?

Twitter Partner posted this link for the Incredible being available for preorder by 4/29... HTC Incredible Offically Droid Incredible on Verizon � The Cellular Guru
    04-14-10 11:45 AM
    Think I am in the same situation as you

The problem with the Tour was even with the keyboard, my hands are big and felt my fingers were often over stepping. Though I like the idea of a touchscreen, I guess I looked at the Storm 2 and it didn't really impress me much so I kind of turned away from touchscreens.

+1 for fair assessment.

Like a lot of folks I've been waiting for the tour2 or bold or whatever they're calling it now because when I got the 8330 it was hands down the BEST phone I'd ever used. But like a lot of people have voiced; bb just don't seem too exciting right now. Yes, they work (without question), but sometimes I want something shiny and new too. The bb experience is far from shiny and new.

Reflecting on the way I use my phone, maybe its time I tried something else. I KNOW I will miss the physical keyboard. And part of the reason I went with bb to begin with is their push email system... The thing about my email is I only use gmail. My bb is not hooked up to work or exchange or whatever. My phone is used as a consumer device more than anything else; fb, browsing, messaging. So I'm thinking about trying this Incredible out. If I don't like android, then I'll go back to RIM, a trusted brand.
    04-14-10 12:17 PM
    Must say it is looking VERY cool!

Now my only problem is getting rid of the other Tour I have had since last September for another member of my household. No way to get a replacement for that one before the 2 year agreement is up?
    They locked your link.
    04-14-10 12:59 PM
    the Storm ruined my blackberry experience, what a piece of ****.!!! I think BB is great for the corporate world, but for the rest of us.... no...

Im near my new every 2 on vzw and this is the phone im really considering. I love what google does, they will own the web one day hah. but seriously "OPEN DEVELOPMENT" way more things to do, way cooler apps!
    04-14-10 01:29 PM
    Don't stop short Tourboy, I am right behind you! I am looking over the EVO 4G (I don't have 4G service in my area yet) I have a 8350i right now and as much as I love the BB how can you not look at the Droid and not really give it a looksie?!? I have been waiting for the 9650x since December of last year, I look at just the major differences outside, an 8 Megapixel HD camera, buy the adapter and hook it up to my TV and I have HD video. An 8 user WiFi hotspot. The apps etc. Everyone I talk to says the same thing, if they have a BB, "You are not going to like the Droid" if they have a Droid, You are not going to like the BB".. I am lost right now. Thankfully, I still have a little time to decide, the EVO won't be out until June. Let me ask you all this, I have heard nothing but complaints about the keyboards on the Droid, is that complaints about a physical keyboard or the screen keyboard? How is the screen? Is it like the IPhone or crap like the Storm where you have to hit the screen hard? I really am leaning towards the Droid but I am scared of the Battery life issues, I can't charge my phone during the day and I am worried that the phone is going to be constantly dead after say 6 hours of use and standby. Charging once a night is fine but 2 or 3 times a day is a dealbreaker.. What do the Droid users here have to say??
    04-14-10 06:40 PM
    The other thing I am liking on the Incredible is the Speech Recognition. Anyone used this before on a HTC phone? If so, how is it?

Don't stop short Tourboy, I am right behind you! I am looking over the EVO 4G (I don't have 4G service in my area yet) I have a 8350i right now and as much as I love the BB how can you not look at the Droid and not really give it a looksie?!? I have been waiting for the 9650x since December of last year, I look at just the major differences outside, an 8 Megapixel HD camera, buy the adapter and hook it up to my TV and I have HD video. An 8 user WiFi hotspot. The apps etc. Everyone I talk to says the same thing, if they have a BB, "You are not going to like the Droid" if they have a Droid, You are not going to like the BB".. I am lost right now. Thankfully, I still have a little time to decide, the EVO won't be out until June. Let me ask you all this, I have heard nothing but complaints about the keyboards on the Droid, is that complaints about a physical keyboard or the screen keyboard? How is the screen? Is it like the IPhone or crap like the Storm where you have to hit the screen hard? I really am leaning towards the Droid but I am scared of the Battery life issues, I can't charge my phone during the day and I am worried that the phone is going to be constantly dead after say 6 hours of use and standby. Charging once a night is fine but 2 or 3 times a day is a dealbreaker.. What do the Droid users here have to say??
    Last edited by tourboy; 04-15-10 at 06:02 AM.
    04-15-10 05:41 AM
    The other thing I am liking on the Incredible is the Speech Recognition. Anyone used this before on a HTC phone? If so, how is it?
    It's an Android 2.x feature. I tried it on my friend's Droid and it works reasonably well - it depends a lot on background noise and your voice.
    04-15-10 07:35 AM
    Is it the type where the more you use it, the better it recognizes the speech?

It's an Android 2.x feature. I tried it on my friend's Droid and it works reasonably well - it depends a lot on background noise and your voice.
    04-15-10 10:42 AM
    04-15-10 01:08 PM
    What the heck????

"# DROID Incredible will be available for pre-order online at Cell Phones, Cell Phone Plans, 3G Smartphones, the Best Cell Phone Service - Verizon Wireless beginning on April 19 and it will be in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores on April 29. Pricing will be $199.99 after a $100 mail-in rebate with a new two-year customer agreement. Customers will receive the rebate in the form of a debit card; upon receipt, customers may use the card as cash anywhere debit cards are accepted."
    04-15-10 01:10 PM
    What the heck????

"# DROID Incredible will be available for pre-order online at Cell Phones, Cell Phone Plans, 3G Smartphones, the Best Cell Phone Service - Verizon Wireless beginning on April 19 and it will be in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores on April 29. Pricing will be $199.99 after a $100 mail-in rebate with a new two-year customer agreement. Customers will receive the rebate in the form of a debit card; upon receipt, customers may use the card as cash anywhere debit cards are accepted."

Just bill the phone to your account, get the card in the mail 2 weeks later and put it on your bill. Thats what my GF did with her lg touch
    04-15-10 06:43 PM
    I can't wait to see what the Incredible will bring. I think, though, that I am going to wait a week or so before I get it to see what others say about it.

04-15-10 09:02 PM
    Oh, the Tour2 hands down the w1nn@r. It has WIFI and a trackpad. That is way better then what the original Tour had. The Incredible has nothing on it...
    one of your funnier posts IMO....

I'll be leaving blackberry for the Droid Incredible I know that much.
    04-15-10 10:30 PM
    I've used a curve, then I was on this forum for MONTHS before storm 1 even came out........that turned out to be a turd so I was lucky enough not to buy it......but not lucky enough not to buy the storm 2. It's a good phone just have problems with the slanted screen and freezing and crappy web browsing. I'll always respect BB for what they've done for business users but Android is open source and will shortly surpass the apple fanboys as far as usability and stability.
    I'm switching to the HTC Incredible. The day it releases it will be the top-of-the-line phone in the U.S. until the EVO is released. Now that thing is a monster but unfortunately it's pegged to a ****ty network with what's considered 3.5G speeds. Give a little take a little I guess.
    04-15-10 10:41 PM
    The Incredible may end up being my next phone. The Droid is nice, but it didn't feel right in my hand, and the pull out keyboard is awful to me.

04-15-10 10:51 PM
    im DEFINITELY buying the incredible.. so sick of the storm. that 8gb internal memory for apps is looking SOO nice right now. plus the 1ghz spandragon, bigger screen.. android! omg soo much goodness. cant wait!! xD
    04-15-10 11:57 PM
    im DEFINITELY buying the incredible.. so sick of the storm. that 8gb internal memory for apps is looking SOO nice right now. plus the 1ghz spandragon, bigger screen.. android! omg soo much goodness. cant wait!! xD
    Based on what I've read, the 8 gb internal memory will not be for apps (that may change with a mod of some sort), but for media content.
    04-16-10 04:33 AM
    Same here, was just hoping the price wouldn't be so steep; $299 before $100 mail in rebate.

The Incredible may end up being my next phone. The Droid is nice, but it didn't feel right in my hand, and the pull out keyboard is awful to me.

04-16-10 05:57 AM
    I will be moving from BB (Tour) to the android by way of the Incredible. I purchased the moto droid for my son a while back and find myself tinkering with it often. I was waiting for the Nexus but IMO the Incredible is a better phone.

I have been a BB addict for many many years and I have strayed away from time to time only to return quickly, but I think this will be a permanent switch.

I turned very sour towards BB with the whole storm debacle. The tour has been better but not by much. I have had screen, keypad and trackball failures. Lack of innovative features and suspect build quality makes BB a sinking ship IMO.

My recommendation for you would be to go with the Incredible unless you must have a physical KB or you must use BES.

P.S. The Incredible is available for pre-order right now!
    Last edited by Primate; 04-18-10 at 11:53 PM.
    04-18-10 11:36 PM
    There is not even a competition here.

You are right, there really isn't a competition here because the two devices are completely and have a different user base. If I were looking for a device that was heavy on multimedia, web browsing, and applications then the Incredible is the hands down winner. But BlackBerry devices have their own niche. If you are interested in the best messaging system and push notifications, the BlackBerry smartphone is the hands down winner. I had the same dilemma earlier this year. I went through an iPhone, Palm Pre, and Hero looking for a better multimedia experience, but I was never happy with the messaging system on any of those devices. To weigh it, I depend a lot more on messaging and the functionality of the BlackBerry than multimedia. And BlackBerry phones have gotten good enough at multimedia that I can get my fix and be content.

04-19-10 04:33 AM
    I was going to buy a tour 2 but thinking about it I'm going to get the Incredible. I own a tour now and I don't see the benefit of buying the same phone for the second time. The phone isn't slow for me so a speed upgrade isn't necessary for me and I know I wouldn't use the wifi. So its left with an optical track pad. Looking forward to playing with this in the store.
    04-19-10 07:57 AM
    Think I am in the same situation as you

The problem with the Tour was even with the keyboard, my hands are big and felt my fingers were often over stepping. Though I like the idea of a touchscreen, I guess I looked at the Storm 2 and it didn't really impress me much so I kind of turned away from touchscreens.
    I have been reading a lot of your posts. Seems I am in the exact situation. I too use gmail only on my curve8330. I use bbm, but not that much. I get frustrated at the lag between apps and seeing the hourglass all too often. I do like the simplicity and the physical keyboard. I have tried other touch screens-Moto Droid, Storm, HTC Eris to name a few. I often miss the letters I'm trying to hit. The iphone is the only one that I did well with. So that's my real concern. Does anyone know if the touchscreen keyboard is improved? Is it just something that you get better at with time???
    04-19-10 08:33 AM
    Verizon could give me 100 dollars to take the tour 2 and I would still rather pay 200 for the incredible.

04-19-10 08:58 AM
    Based on what I've read, the 8 gb internal memory will not be for apps (that may change with a mod of some sort), but for media content.
    you are correct, its a google software issue. 3rd party apps cant all recognize it.. good news, we still get an additional 768mb for app space... and w a custom ROM, it ALL opens up

one more day until i pick up my droid incredible from best buy. already got my case and super fast 16gb micro sd
    04-28-10 01:47 AM
178 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD