Ok Android users....got some questions coming from a Blackberry guy. I've currently got the Tour and I'm pretty sure, according to everything that I've seen and heard about the new 9650 Bold (Tour 2) that it is going to get exactly the same thing that I have now except for a trackpad, wifi and a big "Bold" imprint on the back of it. I'm starting to get alil bit annoyed with RIM so I'm thinking bout using my upgrade on the HTC Incredible when it comes out on Verizon. My major concern with Android is the "push like" capabilty of email. That is a major thing with me on the Blackberry since I am a salesman and get emails and use it for emailing all the time. How is the "push like" services on Android? I've heard several different specs on the Incredible and I did a google search on the device and I found like 3-4 different verisons of the specs...anyone have any rock solid info on this thing? Thanks for the help in advance!!
    04-08-10 04:48 PM
    http://www.androidcentral.com/want-m...credible-specs
    Last edited by Mr. Spontaneous; 04-08-10 at 05:01 PM.
    04-08-10 04:59 PM
    Great link...thanks! Now if I can just get some feedback on the email push to the Android devices, I'd be good to hook. Oh and one other thing, I heard with any Android device, you have to have a Gmail account...is this true?
    04-08-10 05:05 PM
    Great link...thanks! Now if I can just get some feedback on the email push to the Android devices, I'd be good to hook. Oh and one other thing, I heard with any Android device, you have to have a Gmail account...is this true?
    No, you do not have to have a Gmail account to use an Android device. My wife has a Microsoft Exchange email with her school and it all syncs right up, calendars included.
    04-09-10 01:39 PM
    re: email. You did not say what type of account you use. i think you will find differing results from many members. I do not use a business type service for email, but do use gmail, yahoo and hotmail. yahoo and hotmail work fine for me, pull every minute or 5 minutes, with options up to 12 and 24 hours and many in between using K-9 mail app. Another option would be to forward your exisiting email to gmail and in turn make it instantaneous.
    04-09-10 02:29 PM
    That brings up a good point; if I really only use yahoo and use the device for personal use, is there any advantage of the Blackberry Bold 9650 over the HTC Incredible?

re: email. You did not say what type of account you use. i think you will find differing results from many members. I do not use a business type service for email, but do use gmail, yahoo and hotmail. yahoo and hotmail work fine for me, pull every minute or 5 minutes, with options up to 12 and 24 hours and many in between using K-9 mail app. Another option would be to forward your exisiting email to gmail and in turn make it instantaneous.
    04-09-10 05:30 PM
    That brings up a good point; if I really only use yahoo and use the device for personal use, is there any advantage of the Blackberry Bold 9650 over the HTC Incredible?
    Well, I have not used either phone, obviously the incredible isn't out. But if the BOld is similar to the Tour and Incredible is similar to Droid, I would say for persoanl use the Incredible will be more fun, better internet experience, lots of free apps, and once rooted if ever, lots of customization. As for email, I doubt any advantage of one over the other.
    04-09-10 10:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD