HTC should be advertising this new technology in this touchscreen their using more! The EVO4G can't come soon enough for me! This screen is sick nice (Supports fingers, stylus, fingernails, and gloves)! Glad to see they didn't use the same touchscreen as the one they used in the Nexus 1. Hopefully translates into better battery life too with their "lower power consumption" claim. Especially for those of us on CDMA networks.

HTC Incredible and EVO 4G to feature new maXTouch sensors – Android and Me

Demo:

Android Central's Phil Nickinson's Demo:

Complete highlights of the single-chip touch solution include:

* Unlimited touches
    * Low power consumption
    * Fast response — completely redraws screen every 4/1000 of a second (4ms) to eliminate recalibration issues
    * Excellent signal-to-noise ratio for superior precision — 3x better than competitive products
    * Superior performance for first-touch response — 3x better than competitive products
    * Unambiguous, unlimited touch support
    * Responsive user interface: > 250 Hz report rate for a single touch
    * Extremely low current consumption: < 1.8 mW in “touch-ready” state
    * Two touch adjacency of less than 10 mm on a 4.3″ touchscreen
    * Small footprint with few external components
    * Supports stylus, fingernails, and gloves
    * Grip and face suppression functionality: avoids false touches
    * Size and angle of touch supported
    * Screen sizes up to 10.2″ are supported by a single chip
    * Proximity channel support
    Last edited by YaBoiD; 04-22-10 at 11:52 PM.
    04-22-10 10:40 PM
    All I can say is "Wow!!!"
    That's the fastest I've ever seen a phone zoom in and out of Google Maps. This is making it harder for me to decide between the Incredible and the new Bold 9650.
    04-22-10 11:15 PM
    thats pretty amazing im sure ill be going to purchase an EVO upod release i may return it before 30 days but i do want to get my hands on one for sure.
    04-22-10 11:18 PM
    didn't realize the nexus one had such a glaring multi-touch issue. wonder how that one got past google. maybe this is the reason why it's been delayed on verizon?
    04-23-10 08:03 AM
    Good news for me. I have longer nails and didnt want to cut them...I sure hope best buy has a pre order. I dont want to camp out but I will
    04-23-10 08:38 AM
    Nice find thanks
    04-23-10 08:51 AM
    Damn! This phone looks and sounds awesome!

Too bad I can't upgrade my BB Tour yet
    04-23-10 09:11 AM
    ha, so much for a week of battery life on the incredible. lol
    04-23-10 09:11 AM
    Man, I cant wait for the Evo 4G to come out. I'm going to start a countdown on my Hero's countdown widget :-p
    04-23-10 09:52 AM
    This device keeps getting better everyday!
    04-23-10 10:49 AM
    We need a "i cant wait for my htc evo" BBM group
    04-23-10 10:51 AM
    I don't know about anyone else but I just kinda horny watching those videos lol...why are they forcing me to wait???
    04-25-10 02:20 AM
    WOW, that's about all I can say to that post.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-25-10 03:37 AM
    RIM will not capable to catch up with (high techs) Nexus, Iphone, Droid, and WMo in future.. I have seen more and more iphone killer is very popular than ever! I predict RIM's market will be soon APOCALYPSE!
    04-25-10 10:26 AM
    thats pretty amazing im sure ill be going to purchase an EVO upod release i may return it before 30 days but i do want to get my hands on one for sure.
    Will be doing the same, hope it comes out early june, i want to be able to get a good 29 days with it before i head over to the new iphone HD lol.... we will see though , if the new iphone isnt using this new screen it will be hard to switch
    04-25-10 02:07 PM
    HTC should be advertising this new technology in this touchscreen their using more! The EVO4G can't come soon enough for me! This screen is sick nice (Supports fingers, stylus, fingernails, and gloves)! Glad to see they didn't use the same touchscreen as the one they used in the Nexus 1. Hopefully translates into better battery life too with their "lower power consumption" claim. Especially for those of us on CDMA networks.

HTC Incredible and EVO 4G to feature new maXTouch sensors � Android and Me

Demo:

Android Central's Phil Nickinson's Demo:

Complete highlights of the single-chip touch solution include:

* Unlimited touches
    * Low power consumption
    * Fast response � completely redraws screen every 4/1000 of a second (4ms) to eliminate recalibration issues
    * Excellent signal-to-noise ratio for superior precision � 3x better than competitive products
    * Superior performance for first-touch response � 3x better than competitive products
    * Unambiguous, unlimited touch support
    * Responsive user interface: > 250 Hz report rate for a single touch
    * Extremely low current consumption: < 1.8 mW in �touch-ready� state
    * Two touch adjacency of less than 10 mm on a 4.3″ touchscreen
    * Small footprint with few external components
    * Supports stylus, fingernails, and gloves
    * Grip and face suppression functionality: avoids false touches
    * Size and angle of touch supported
    * Screen sizes up to 10.2″ are supported by a single chip
    * Proximity channel support
    Looks like Sprint has 1 uped every one. That EVO4G is going to be allot faster than what we verizon folks have, or any android device out, lol. My, I just may become a sprint customer, as my contract in up in November!!! thanks for the info....
    04-25-10 02:48 PM
    EVO looks nice. Next upgrade will definitely be to a 4.3 Android device on Verizon. Probably next year though when LTE devices start rolling out.
    04-25-10 03:40 PM
    Looks like Sprint has 1 uped every one. That EVO4G is going to be allot faster than what we verizon folks have, or any android device out, lol. My, I just may become a sprint customer, as my contract in up in November!!! thanks for the info....
    They definitely did.....
    I know the EVO and the Incredible will smoke the Moto Droid
    stat wise. But there are times when using my physical keyboard
    while logging into websites that having it make a big difference.
    Having that physical keyboard makes logging into a site just like
    a desktop experience. I think that might be hard for me to give up.
    04-26-10 09:20 AM
    They definitely did.....
    I know the EVO and the Incredible will smoke the Moto Droid
    stat wise. But there are times when using my physical keyboard
    while logging into websites that having it make a big difference.
    Having that physical keyboard makes logging into a site just like
    a desktop experience. I think that might be hard for me to give up.
    I think the EVO, may even smoke the incredible trendy? Dunno, but I love my Droid, and don't feel like these new phones are far enough ahead of the Droid for me to switch yet! Seems the Droid commercials are still strong despite these new phones...what's up with that? I guess the Droid 2 is coming? It looks like it will have a kick*** keyboard?
    04-26-10 10:34 AM
    I think the EVO, may even smoke the incredible trendy? Dunno, but I love my Droid, and don't feel like these new phones are far enough ahead of the Droid for me to switch yet! Seems the Droid commercials are still strong despite these new phones...what's up with that? I guess the Droid 2 is coming? It looks like it will have a kick*** keyboard?
    Johnly, I too think the EVO will smoke the Incredible. After the mods my Droid
    rocks. I am going to give the Incredible a try and if Sprint doesn't make
    me drop a hefty deposit. I might just give the EVO a spin as well. It will
    be interesting to see what Droid 2 will bring to the table. The more I
    use it the more I appreciate that physical keyboard.
    04-26-10 11:03 AM
    what do you guys mean by smoke the incredible? at the risk of assuming, i assume you mean the faster 4g network (where available) right? otherwise they both have 1ghz processors so they should perform virtually the same for everything else.

i'm also skeptical of how much faster the 4g will actually be in day to day usage. for instance wifi has very fast speeds, but the phone itself will only process the data so fast. do you all think the browser will actually be significantly faster?
    04-26-10 12:30 PM
    what do you guys mean by smoke the incredible? at the risk of assuming, i assume you mean the faster 4g network (where available) right? otherwise they both have 1ghz processors so they should perform virtually the same for everything else.

i'm also skeptical of how much faster the 4g will actually be in day to day usage. for instance wifi has very fast speeds, but the phone itself will only process the data so fast. do you all think the browser will actually be significantly faster?
    Ok we will give the 4g and the screen size to the EVO.
    04-26-10 12:46 PM
    Ok we will give the 4g and the screen size to the EVO.
    without a doubt. it will have the faster network and the bigger screen. with the great android phones already available on vzw, that wouldn't be enough for me to change carriers for though.

The more I
    this is the main reason i won't be selling my droid anytime soon. i will also try out the incredible, but my droid will never be more than an arms length away at least for a month or two.
    04-26-10 12:54 PM
    without a doubt. it will have the faster network and the bigger screen. with the great android phones already available on vzw, that wouldn't be enough for me to change carriers for though.

this is the main reason i won't be selling my droid anytime soon. i will also try out the incredible, but my droid will never be more than an arms length away at least for a month or two.
    I think I'm may have to give the EVO a try
    04-26-10 01:01 PM
    Johnly, I too think the EVO will smoke the Incredible. After the mods my Droid
    rocks. I am going to give the Incredible a try and if Sprint doesn't make
    me drop a hefty deposit. I might just give the EVO a spin as well. It will
    be interesting to see what Droid 2 will bring to the table. The more I
    It is very nice to have a keyboard separate from the screen!
    04-26-10 01:01 PM
60 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD