I have the HTC Droid Eris after having the Motorola Droid, the Storm 2, and the Tour 9630. I really enjoy the Eris and so far have been typing on the Compact QWERTY version of the virtual keyboard that seems effective.

I am trying to do the following:

1. Setup my Facebook application!! I don't have all my Facebook friends in my contacts like I did with my Motorola Droid and it's driving me crazy, someone please tell me how to do this!

2. Access my SD memory card! For some reason I keep unplugging it and plugging it back in and it is not recognizing it or something.

3. Any speculation when the Android 2.0 software is coming out? I prefer this phone overall to the Motorola Droid because the hardware build style of the Droid was just a failure, IMO.

4. What settings are recommended to conserve battery life and for usability?

5. What applications are recommended for the HTC Eris?

Thank you!
    11-11-09 04:29 PM
    All of this has been covered in several threads.. Look around and search, you will find all the stuff you need.
    11-11-09 04:52 PM
    Why did u trade ur moto droid for the eris?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-11-09 05:07 PM
    All of this has been covered in several threads.. Look around and search, you will find all the stuff you need.
    I have searched and searched and searched. Any advice as to where this info is? Thanks.
    11-11-09 05:26 PM
    I have searched and searched and searched. Any advice as to where this info is? Thanks.
    HTC Droid Eris - Android Forums
    11-11-09 05:27 PM
    I have the HTC Droid Eris after having the Motorola Droid, the Storm 2, and the Tour 9630. I really enjoy the Eris and so far have been typing on the Compact QWERTY version of the virtual keyboard that seems effective.

I am trying to do the following:

1. Setup my Facebook application!! I don't have all my Facebook friends in my contacts like I did with my Motorola Droid and it's driving me crazy, someone please tell me how to do this!

2. Access my SD memory card! For some reason I keep unplugging it and plugging it back in and it is not recognizing it or something.

3. Any speculation when the Android 2.0 software is coming out? I prefer this phone overall to the Motorola Droid because the hardware build style of the Droid was just a failure, IMO.

4. What settings are recommended to conserve battery life and for usability?

5. What applications are recommended for the HTC Eris?

Thank you!
    1. The phone should have asked you to login to facebook when you first set it up, and it'll do all that. That option is in Settings under Login To Social Networking. Phone doesn't come with the Facebook viewing app so you need to download it, but it does come with contact linking built-in.

2. To a computer? You have to go into your notifications bar and hit Connect and Mount after plugging it in.

3. All we know is they're working on it. Probably December or January if I had to guess.

4. Tunr off GPS and Wifi when not using, avoid using a bunch of widgets that update on a regular basis (facebook, weather)

5. Not answering this, theres too many, cruise Marketplace or find an app thread here.
    11-11-09 06:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD