Both phones look similar in specs. The incredible has an 8MP camera, OLED screen, and dual LED flash whereas the desire has a little more ram, only a 5MP camera, but an AMOLED screen.

Is the AMOLED screen that much better than the OLED? I was going to cancel my AT&T service and switch to verizon. Either way I'm ditching blackberry and never looking back!
    04-15-10 02:18 AM
    What's the difference/s between OLED and AMOLED? And what's the Incredible's release date?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-15-10 12:14 PM
    What's the difference/s between OLED and AMOLED? And what's the Incredible's release date?

This explains the difference:

Active-matrix OLED - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'm surprised the Incredible doesn't have an AMOLED screen. Wonder why?
    04-16-10 04:54 AM
    Both phones are almost the same but I think the Incredible is a tad better because it has 8GB of internal memory.

The higher MP camera doesn't mean squat though. Only means you can print bigger pictures, not have better quality pics.
    04-16-10 05:01 AM
    Got to admit it.. I'm jumping ship.. Ordered my incredible today.. I have been a loyal Blackberry user for years, but I am just not impressed with my Tour and S2... Hopefully, RIM will up the ante soon..
    04-19-10 09:14 PM
    i think im just going to get the droid so i only owe my mother $25 a month instead of $90 lol
    04-19-10 09:43 PM
    I bought the BB Bold 9000 the day it came out and while it is a good phone I went back to my 1st gen iPhone after a few months. Not because the phone was bad but being older I hated having to get out the ole reading glasses every time I looked at an email or whatever on the small BBB screen. So even tho the iPhone is not my favorite as a phone it is much easier to read the screen. Then I saw the Nexus and really liked it and thought about getting it when I could save up. Then I saw the HTC Desire and was really impressed. Love the looks of the phone and was really wanting it bad but figured no chance. And now I have heard from my ATT guy the Desire should be out on ATT the end of May beginning of June. I sure hope that is right. Even the end of June would be ok. I am eligible for an upgrade July 5 and look forward to a new phone. I am going to sell the BBB and keep the iPhone for a spare or give to my son. And if it doesn't come to ATT I will go where it is at. I could leave ATT with no regrets.
    04-21-10 05:35 PM
    I bought the BB Bold 9000 the day it came out and while it is a good phone I went back to my 1st gen iPhone after a few months. Not because the phone was bad but being older I hated having to get out the ole reading glasses every time I looked at an email or whatever on the small BBB screen. So even tho the iPhone is not my favorite as a phone it is much easier to read the screen. Then I saw the Nexus and really liked it and thought about getting it when I could save up. Then I saw the HTC Desire and was really impressed. Love the looks of the phone and was really wanting it bad but figured no chance. And now I have heard from my ATT guy the Desire should be out on ATT the end of May beginning of June. I sure hope that is right. Even the end of June would be ok. I am eligible for an upgrade July 5 and look forward to a new phone. I am going to sell the BBB and keep the iPhone for a spare or give to my son. And if it doesn't come to ATT I will go where it is at. I could leave ATT with no regrets.
    Has anyone else heard if AT&T is getting the HTC Desire or not? I want to replace my 9000with it.

04-21-10 06:49 PM
    Both phones look similar in specs. The incredible has an 8MP camera, OLED screen, and dual LED flash whereas the desire has a little more ram, only a 5MP camera, but an AMOLED screen.

Is the AMOLED screen that much better than the OLED? I was going to cancel my AT&T service and switch to verizon. Either way I'm ditching blackberry and never looking back!
    the HTC Incredible has an AMOLED sceen. it is 3.7-inch AMOLED @ 480x800. check the specs here..

http://www.androidcentral.com/droid-...g-vs-nexus-one
    04-22-10 07:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD