On the front page of Monaco's Android page.

News

Specs say it operates on 850/900/1800/1900

Does that mean it'll work on AT&T 3G? I thought those were AT&T's 3G bands.
    03-17-10 11:23 PM
    Will check that out... they are AT&T's & Roger's bands.
    03-18-10 01:06 AM
    Gsm is gsm. Cdma is cdma. But, you might not be able to use mms or internet. You will get 3g but 3g is generally for web access. In a wrap up. Yes you should get 3g with at&t.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-18-10 01:17 AM
    It doesn't state that the 3G has those bands. It states "Band frequency, HSPA availability, and data speed are operator dependent".

Also, so, I quickily wrote the above... AT&T & Rogers uses 850/1900 for UMTS 3G.

850/900/1800/1900 is for EDGE which all GSM carriers (that use EDGE) use 1-2 of those 4.
    03-18-10 01:26 AM
    I believe the Desire in the linked article is the European version. It's launching on the European T-Mobile service, not the American.
    03-18-10 07:30 AM
    I believe the Desire in the linked article is the European version. It's launching on the European T-Mobile service, not the American.
    If that is the case why is HTC being so chicken sh!t with the Desire?
    I know no one can really answer but it makes one wonder.
    03-18-10 09:57 AM
    Any word on price?

03-18-10 11:20 AM
    Will AT&T get the HTC Desire?

03-19-10 12:48 PM
    Will AT&T get the HTC Desire?

If everything goes right, they should be getting it.
    03-19-10 01:24 PM
    The question is, when? If it's soon, I can put off buying an iPhone for my upgrade, then selling it to buy my N1. I can just buy the Desire and leave out all the work of trying to sell the iPhone.

03-19-10 02:19 PM
    So what's the deal with all these devices? i. e. Nexus 1, Incredible, Desire, Supersonic. What are the big differences besides trackpad/trackball and some having htc sense and on difference carriers? Are there any huge differences? I'm just wondering because I see a lot about several difference devices but they all appear to be very simliar much like RIM's blackberry lineup. I have the Nexus one and wondering will the next devices released this year be really different. Any help is appreciated.
    03-19-10 02:52 PM
    You would be correct the poster states so at the bottom.

"That's it, just thought it worth a post as we have had the first date from any carrier in the UK."
    03-19-10 03:05 PM
    If everything goes right, they should be getting it.
    Thanks. Any idea when?

03-19-10 10:44 PM
    So what's the deal with all these devices? i. e. Nexus 1, Incredible, Desire, Supersonic. What are the big differences besides trackpad/trackball and some having htc sense and on difference carriers? Are there any huge differences? I'm just wondering because I see a lot about several difference devices but they all appear to be very simliar much like RIM's blackberry lineup. I have the Nexus one and wondering will the next devices released this year be really different. Any help is appreciated.
    Supersonic seems to be the best of all of the above. It has a better/bigger screen and has sense UI.

03-20-10 06:28 AM
    Supersonic seems to be the best of all of the above. It has a better/bigger screen and has sense UI.

Sense UI does not make it better at all. 2.1 stock eclair is the best way to go.
    03-20-10 03:59 PM
    So what's the deal with all these devices? i. e. Nexus 1, Incredible, Desire, Supersonic.
    First you forgot legend.

Here is the current break down.

incredible is verzion.
    Desire is att/tmoble
    legend is sprint.

They are all the same phone, with a few tweaks and mods.
    Smaller screen, bigger processor. Smaller processor, bigger memory.

Ready to buy date for these guys should be around march 26th-ish.

supersonic
    N1

Are the same phone.
    N1 will be only 3g for verizon.
    N1 version (supersonic) will be 4g for sprint.

Ready to buy date is hard to tell with these two.

Sprint needs the supersonic out now, as in yesterday.

But rumors have it, both phones will come at the end of june.

I would not be surprise to see sprint push the supersonic out earlier. They need a heavy hitter and legend is just not enough.

If they do, it will be extremely buggy, and anyone buying it should consider themselves a beta tester.

But saying that. Consider me a beta tester.
    03-21-10 12:49 PM
    You would be correct the poster states so at the bottom.
    Yeah, I just wanted to make sure that others in the forum didn't confuse the two T-Mo's.
    03-22-10 09:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD