Ok so I deleted task manager. Hopefully it runs better now. Reason I put it on was because every forum I went to had people saying that ending tasks will improve my battery life. So I took em up on it and from what I can see...it is bs. More of a chore than anything. Guess I'm not used to having it so easy coming from a storm.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-14-09 02:09 PM
    Are you guys seeing a real difference with the battery life?

I got the Eris but I've been considering switching for the Moto Droid. My battery just drains away real quick and the one thing that was stopping me from switching to the Droid was I didn't think this would change.

I am a very heavy user so battery life is somewhat important to me. I carry around the charger but I don't want to have to rely on it. I didn't like the slider or even the way the Droid looked really, that's why I went with the Eris in the first place, but I wouldn't mind it so much if it functioned better.

Thanks
    Ya in all honesty the battery life is considerably better on the droid vs eris. Eris was a great phone but the battery life was the thing that made me switch. i have never owned a slider because i thought that they would eventually break but even thought it is still too early to tell, the droid has a very solid slider. feels as if it will never wear or break.

and ive seriously only opened it like 10 times max. if you dont wanna slide it open then just dont.

worse case is that you would exchange the eris for the droid and you dont like the droid (but you will) and then you could just sell the droid or trade for a eris or some other phone but atleast you would know from first hand experience.
    11-14-09 02:14 PM
    BzB - I read some reviews (have not downloaded the BT widget yet) that it's doesn't work with droid. The Bluetooth OnOff widget by Curvefish. Is that the one you use? There are others such as ToggleBlu. I guess I'll download one and give it a shot.

I believe the power control widget is a standard app on the phone. Just hold down in a blank area on one of your main screens and when the option add to home screen comes up select widgets and then select power control. It will place a widget on the screen that gives quick access to on/off for wifi, bt, gps, sync, and auto brightness. Give that a try and see if it works for you.
    Last edited by BzB; 11-14-09 at 07:53 PM.
    11-14-09 03:39 PM
    Mine is on from around 7:30am until 11 or so when I put it back on the charger.

No issues at all with regular use.
    11-14-09 04:58 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD