how is the typing on the screen. I was trying one today and it was WAY too sensitive. I look for a few minutes for the way to lower it but could not find it
    11-07-09 07:29 PM
    I could type more accurate on the Eris than the Droid even with the slide out keyboard while trying it at the store. But both would take some getting used to coming from the Tour.
    11-07-09 07:57 PM
    I tested both and I made quite a few mistakes, but I'm going to say that's just a learning curve on playing with the sensitivity.
    11-07-09 08:15 PM
    Can you type in landscape on the eris?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-07-09 08:43 PM
    Yes, you can type in landscape.

I found the Eris to be quite nice to type on. It was much easier than the Droid. The keyboard that comes with the Sense UI is supposed to be one of the best.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-07-09 09:06 PM
    i dont know why any one would buy the eris.. such u lesser model..
    11-07-09 09:09 PM
    Because tastes differ from person to person.
    11-07-09 09:19 PM
    Having tried out both the Droid and the Eris at the store, I ended up getting the Eris and I couldn't be happier. The keyboard is much easier to type on, and I really liked the size and feel of the phone so much better than the Droid.
    I went in to buy the Droid, and came out with the Eris. Another customer walked in with me, with the same intentions...to purchase the Droid...and walked out with the Eris. So..I know that must be happening more frequently than many may think.
    11-07-09 09:39 PM
    Yeah, because loading a web page 3 seconds faster is the shizz! The Eris does everything the Droid does, big deal it is a little slower. The software with the Eris is superior, as is the build quality and the virtual keyboard. Technology changes fast. Last month the Hero was the best Android phone on the market, this month its Droid. Next month its going to be something else. You cant keep up with the technology.
    11-07-09 09:57 PM
    agreed .. eris lokked and felt sweet. the droid is fugly and looks and feels like a toy..i am sure they will improve it though...generation 2...
    11-07-09 10:02 PM
    Keyboard is great... I used both Droids and it felt like the default sensitivity was lower on the Eris even... I think it's perfect.
    11-07-09 10:03 PM
    left my S1 today for the eris, i can type a LOT faster and i have had it a few hours....sweet.
    11-07-09 11:09 PM
    I used both and the Eris won, hands down for me. " Why would anyone want the Eris over the Droid?" Have you tried them yet? To say it's such a lesser model is funny. Ofcourse the Droid comes w more under the hood but that doesn't mean the Droid is better. That cheap keyboard and the fact it's made by Motorola is enough to argue the Eris wins.
    11-07-09 11:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD