Ok so i bought the droid a couple of days now my gf was eligible to upgrade and she let me take her upgrade so i bought the droid at a verizon premium retailer i didnt see him take the phone out of the box or anything and i didnt see it covered in plastic. Some people told me that it should had a screen protector on the front but i dont think it did, or i must of not see him take it off but when he gave me the phone it had no screen protector he was setting up my contacts and stuff so wen he finally gave it to me i didnt see one but someone told me that i can tell if its used or not by the esn number and if theres no activity or stuff on that esn then it should be new so i called verizon and asked them and the person said that he sees nothing on it does that mean its new
    02-25-10 03:44 PM
    Are there any scratches? Genernally they will unpack it for u. And yes there is the temp screen protector on it. And also should have been one on the outside of the battery cover. Some droids also had plastic on the back of the lcd screen when u slide it up.
    02-25-10 05:08 PM
    wel i had nothing on my screen or on the battery cover there was really no scratches as far as i know. I didnt see him take anything off the phone or anything so im not sure if its used but like with the whole esn thing like the rep said she found nothing on it does that mean its new
    02-25-10 05:17 PM
    wel i had nothing on my screen or on the battery cover there was really no scratches as far as i know. I didnt see him take anything off the phone or anything so im not sure if its used but like with the whole esn thing like the rep said she found nothing on it does that mean its new
    did he go to the back and get it? he probably just took it off and put the battery in it so it would be booted up when he got out to you. if customer service said that they couldnt find anything then i would say it is new. if you want to be sure call back to customer service and ask again.
    02-25-10 06:00 PM
    Some droids also had plastic on the back of the lcd screen when u slide it up.
    Yea I took that off. Started to annoy me after a while.
    02-25-10 06:16 PM
    ya wel it was at a verizon premuimum retailer and i saw him open up a drwer and take one out i wasnt paying attention but i let him set up my contacts and **** but before he did that he gave me my phone to play with it aand the battery was in it and everything
    02-25-10 06:20 PM
    check your firmware version. Menu > Settings > About phone and check your build date on your phone, under your batter it will be a set of numbers like 42/09 (weeks/year). what do those say?
    02-25-10 06:47 PM
    my firmware version is 2.0.1 and build number esd56 and i dont know where my build date on the phone is
    02-25-10 06:59 PM
    it should be under the batter. mine is between MSN and MEID DEC.
    02-25-10 07:02 PM
    i went under setting and clicked on status is it the prl version?
    02-25-10 07:07 PM
    take the back off of your phone, take the battery out, under the battery, on the back of the phone there is a white sticker with numbers and bar codes. mine is between MSN and MEID DEC and doesnt say anything other than 42/09.
    02-25-10 07:14 PM
    oh ok mine says 50/09 and it said assembled in china
    02-25-10 07:18 PM
    that means it was built mid December. I'm not sure since it came out after they pushed the update for 2.0.1 early December. so i would assume they loaded your current software when it was built. unless you were prompted to update your software after you got it. in that case it is new. only other thing i can tell you is to call Verizon and try to add insurance, they wont let you add it if it was active on another account. if you already have insurance call Verizon and tell them that you think the store sold you a used Droid as new and you were worried that if you needed to file a claim it would be rejected since it could have been active on another line. Ask them to check if your MEID/ESN was active on another line. Also tell them that you want to make sure it's noted on your account in the event it is used and you would need to file an insurance claim.
    02-25-10 07:33 PM
    ok wel idk if it prompted me to update when i turned it on i think the verizon guy turned it on for me i called verizon to check the esn and they said they didnt see anything on it but i will call again to make sure like i didnt pay much attention when he got the phone for me mayb i should have been but i dont remeber if her turned it on and set up everything
    02-25-10 07:42 PM
    ok so i called verizon again and i asked if she could check the esn number and see if it was actavated on another line and she said she couldnt do that but she said she can check to see if it was a new one or not and she check and said that it was new
    02-25-10 07:54 PM
    ok so i called verizon again and i asked if she could check the esn number and see if it was actavated on another line and she said she couldnt do that but she said she can check to see if it was a new one or not and she check and said that it was new
    good to hear. now you can really enjoy it.
    02-25-10 08:02 PM
    so like if she said it was a new one then is it a new one like she said she couldnt check the esn but she said she could tell me if its new and she said it was im srry if im being paranoid but if she said it was does that mean its a new one
    02-25-10 08:33 PM
    I seriously feel for ya on this because I know what must be going through your head. However, you'll need to learn from this and if in fact you got a non-new one, then next time you'll be sure to keep a closer eye on people or even better... buy online and open the box yourself at home. Also, perhaps next time you'll also think about going to a corporate store instead of a retailer.

Bottom line, did you get a box or did you not? Did you get anything with it? If you just got a phone and nothing else (not even a box), then you got fracked over.
    02-25-10 10:15 PM
    Ya i did get a box with a small little booklet and a charger but i don't think anything was. Wrapped up but i called Verizon yestrday and asked if it was new and they said yes do u think it is
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-26-10 05:27 AM
    i'm not sure i understand the issue here. if it looks brand new and functions properly then what is the concern?

if the phone ends up having a problem down the road that's what insurance is for. keep in mind even brand new phones can have problems...

enjoy your phone!!
    02-26-10 09:03 AM
    i'm not sure i understand the issue here. if it looks brand new and functions properly then what is the concern?

if the phone ends up having a problem down the road that's what insurance is for. keep in mind even brand new phones can have problems...

enjoy your phone!!
    because your paying money for a new phone not a used phone and that would be considered a scam if they do that...
    02-26-10 10:43 AM
    Ya like I just want to know if I got a used phone or not i got a box with a small booklet but the box look used and i dont think the charger was wrapped up also i didn't pay much attention when he grabbed it but as far as i know i dont think it had a screen Procter on it so i called Verizon twice about this. The first time i called i asked to see if they can check the esn number and see if they're was any other lines activated on it so the person checked and said she sees nothing. So i called again to make sure and i asked again if they can check the esn and the person said i cant do that but they said they can check to c if its new or not so she did and said it was new but like wat she said is legit right if she said it was new then is her word good
    02-26-10 11:09 AM
    because your paying money for a new phone not a used phone and that would be considered a scam if they do that...
    technically speaking all the phones are used before we get them. moto technicians and vzw techs probably boot them up, or flash the os, they go through qc, etc before we ever touch them.

so i'm still not sure why this is an issue if the phone looks like new and functions like new. it's like complaining that your "brand new" car has 15 miles on it instead of 0 miles. in the scheme of things it's still new, right?
    02-26-10 02:09 PM
    technically speaking all the phones are used before we get them. moto technicians and vzw techs probably boot them up, or flash the os, they go through qc, etc before we ever touch them.

so i'm still not sure why this is an issue if the phone looks like new and functions like new. it's like complaining that your "brand new" car has 15 miles on it instead of 0 miles. in the scheme of things it's still new, right?
    booting them up and flashing the OS have nothing to do with it being a used phone. just bc someone touches the phone doesn't make it used. Phones that go through quality tests never make it to the shelves to be sold.

What makes it a used device is if someone purchased it... USED it or even opened it with the intent to USE... returned it... then the seller brands it as a new device. This is the sole reason VZW charges a restocking fee. We CAN NOT sell this device as NEW again.

I can NOT speak for other retail agents though.
    02-26-10 02:16 PM
    So like if it said on the receit and it charged me a restocking fee wat does that mean did i get a new or used phone? I mean i just paid alot of money to get this phone and i would hate it if it was used. I called verizon twice bout this i had them check the esn number one person said she sees nothing on it and then i called again and one grl said she cant check the esn but she said that she will check to c if it was new and she said yes im just wondering if their word is legit and stuff
    02-26-10 02:58 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD