- CrackBerry User
- 10 Posts
How to remove unwanted icons in the notification bar
I got 3 annoying unwanted icons in my status bar which is an data usage warning, lookout security and some voicemail. Extremely annoying. I want to keep lookout for security reasons. I have tried the "call your own phone with another phone" method which didn't work and I also tried this call settings method which didn't work also. This is really getting me annoyed.Samsung did NOT copy Apple.
- 12-08-2012, 11:21 AM #2
There should be a button in your notification tray that clears out all the notifications. And if you're using a device with Ice Cream Sammich or Jelly Bean, you should be able to swipe individual notifications horizontally to remove them.It's TweetMail time Craig! - Geoffrey Peterson
- 12-09-2012, 08:52 PM #4
Most apps' notifications can be turned off, within the app. Open the app, select menu, then select settings. I know Lookout can be hidden, not sure what voicemail you're using, but you can probably hide it as well.
Last edited by spotmark; 12-10-2012 at 08:55 AM.A cigar is man's opportunity to reflect on the past, and dream about the future.
- 12-10-2012, 07:35 AM #5
For the Data Usage icon, go into Settings -> Data usage and change the upper limit or remove the checkbox for "Set mobile data limit." that should remove that notification.Samsung Galaxy SIII
** Any BlackBerry TS recommendations are from memory and only provided as reference.
- By jasonriot in forum Other US CarriersReplies: 2Last Post: 12-03-2009, 09:52 PM
- By KeithF40 in forum BlackBerry Tour 9630Replies: 15Last Post: 08-08-2009, 02:38 AM
- By admirer in forum BlackBerry Curve 8900Replies: 1Last Post: 07-13-2009, 09:56 AM
- By AgTitan06 in forum BlackBerry StormReplies: 14Last Post: 03-30-2009, 12:53 PM
- By coolskierguy in forum BlackBerry Pearl 81xxReplies: 7Last Post: 05-14-2008, 01:07 PM