- CrackBerry User
- 10 Posts
How to remove unwanted icons in the notification bar
I got 3 annoying unwanted icons in my status bar which is an data usage warning, lookout security and some voicemail. Extremely annoying. I want to keep lookout for security reasons. I have tried the "call your own phone with another phone" method which didn't work and I also tried this call settings method which didn't work also. This is really getting me annoyed.Samsung did NOT copy Apple.
- 12-08-12, 11:21 AM #2
There should be a button in your notification tray that clears out all the notifications. And if you're using a device with Ice Cream Sammich or Jelly Bean, you should be able to swipe individual notifications horizontally to remove them.
- 12-09-12, 08:52 PM #4
Most apps' notifications can be turned off, within the app. Open the app, select menu, then select settings. I know Lookout can be hidden, not sure what voicemail you're using, but you can probably hide it as well.
Last edited by spotmark; 12-10-12 at 08:55 AM.A cigar is man's opportunity to reflect on the past, and dream about the future.
- 12-10-12, 07:35 AM #5
For the Data Usage icon, go into Settings -> Data usage and change the upper limit or remove the checkbox for "Set mobile data limit." that should remove that notification.July 28, 2015.
Her weary hours and days of unrest
Her troubled nights are past
In my aching heart I know
Mom has found peace at last
Love you and miss you.
Take care mom. We will see one another someday.
- By jasonriot in forum Other US CarriersReplies: 2Last Post: 12-03-09, 09:52 PM
- By KeithF40 in forum BlackBerry Tour 9630Replies: 15Last Post: 08-08-09, 02:38 AM
- By admirer in forum BlackBerry Curve 8900Replies: 1Last Post: 07-13-09, 09:56 AM
- By AgTitan06 in forum BlackBerry StormReplies: 14Last Post: 03-30-09, 12:53 PM
- By coolskierguy in forum BlackBerry Pearl 81xxReplies: 7Last Post: 05-14-08, 01:07 PM