- CrackBerry User
- 10 Posts
How to remove unwanted icons in the notification bar
I got 3 annoying unwanted icons in my status bar which is an data usage warning, lookout security and some voicemail. Extremely annoying. I want to keep lookout for security reasons. I have tried the "call your own phone with another phone" method which didn't work and I also tried this call settings method which didn't work also. This is really getting me annoyed.
- 12-08-12, 12:21 PM #2
There should be a button in your notification tray that clears out all the notifications. And if you're using a device with Ice Cream Sammich or Jelly Bean, you should be able to swipe individual notifications horizontally to remove them.
- 12-09-12, 09:52 PM #4
Most apps' notifications can be turned off, within the app. Open the app, select menu, then select settings. I know Lookout can be hidden, not sure what voicemail you're using, but you can probably hide it as well.
Last edited by spotmark; 12-10-12 at 09:55 AM.
- By jasonriot in forum Other US CarriersReplies: 2Last Post: 12-03-09, 10:52 PM
- By KeithF40 in forum BlackBerry Tour 9630Replies: 15Last Post: 08-08-09, 03:38 AM
- By admirer in forum BlackBerry Curve 8900Replies: 1Last Post: 07-13-09, 10:56 AM
- By AgTitan06 in forum BlackBerry StormReplies: 14Last Post: 03-30-09, 01:53 PM
- By coolskierguy in forum BlackBerry Pearl 81xxReplies: 7Last Post: 05-14-08, 02:07 PM