Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default How do I transfer contacts from BB to Android?

So I chose to upgrade from a BlackBerry Torch to a Samsung Note 2, instead of waiting just over a month more for BB10, (using Torch on PAYG now, I have a 7 day trial period). Enjoying it so far, but I'm not sure if the "omg you can do anything with Android", thing will get boring for me and I won't enjoy it. Anyway, I was wondering if there is a way to transfer my contacts, since I can't use Google Sync.

Global Posts
    35,351 Global Posts
    PIN
    pin:tang
    WAPers do it With A Passion

Z/Q Warrior ..` `..` `..` `.. `.. Born to  ..` `..` `..` `..` `.. Upgrade Guide

BB10 - If you don't, kittens will die .................................................. ......................................Kevin - "I call you the PITA I love"
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,567 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ankoil View Post
    So I chose to upgrade from a BlackBerry Torch to a Samsung Note 2, instead of waiting just over a month more for BB10, (using Torch on PAYG now, I have a 7 day trial period). Enjoying it so far, but I'm not sure if the "omg you can do anything with Android", thing will get boring for me and I won't enjoy it. Anyway, I was wondering if there is a way to transfer my contacts, since I can't use Google Sync.
    Android will download your contacts from Gmail. There's a sync contacts option under Contacts>Options>Accounts.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    6,043 Global Posts

You don't necessarily need Gmail to do this. See this post by pauljc; it worked for me.
    Models and Supported Frequencies: Z10, Q10, Q5, Z30

Want to find out which radio band your BB10 phone is currently on? UMTS, LTE (careful with escreens!)
    CrackBerry Newbie

You would need a computer in order to effectuate the transer.

1. Download the BlackBerry Desktop Manager on your computer, and connect your BlackBerry
    2. Transfer your BlackBerry contacts to your computer via the BB Desktop Manager
    3. Follow these directions in order to transfer the BlackBerry contacts to your Android