Hi, my Hubby got a Droid a few months ago and still cannot figure out how to set his homepage to be the page his browser opens to everytime. Instead it shows the last page viewed. We have looked through the options, but there doesn't seem to be any option for it. Also, if anyone has a favorite web site or app that would help him learn how to use his Droid better please chime in. I have a blackberry and his phone makes me crazy to try and figure it out. I really want him to be able to understand all the things his phone can do but he's really frustrated with it right now.
    06-28-10 07:01 PM
    It will get easier with time, try androidforums.com for more info...there's a section devoted to each specific phone. The Android OS doesn't usually allow you to "close" apps like BB...they stay open how you left them unless you use a "task killer" app or just use the "back" button until you're back on the home screen. Some people advise against using task killers, but others use it all the time ( like myself )...that way, you know all of your open apps are closed when you want them to be.

Oh, and as far as i know there is no way to set a homepage...
    06-28-10 07:18 PM
    Thanks I was wondering if there was. Seems alot of android issues are just because it functions different than other phones. I will send him to the other forum and see if he can find answers to his questions. He really wants to like his phone, but he's very frustrated with it.
    06-28-10 09:37 PM
    Like all things, it just takes getting used to....it helps to get out of the blackberry mindset, android is just different...once he gets used to it he'll see how antiquated blackberry really is. Don't get me wrong, BB is good at some things like email and messaging...but android is just as good at those...and SO much better at everything else!
    06-28-10 09:46 PM
    yeah does take some time to get use too
    06-29-10 12:09 AM
    I normally just hit menu and press home page everytime I leave the browser. I know not much of a solution but its a really quick workaround.
    06-29-10 10:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD