I've noticed issues with Yahoo, but is anyone having trouble with hotmail. I am.

I'm having trouble getting my hotmail emails to connect with my Droid. On settings I have my check email frequency every 30 minutes, and my default account set to my hotmail address. It seems like it is trying to load messages, but I'm not receiving anything. I'm sure it's something simple that I can't see, but it's getting frustrating. Thanks for any help.
    12-13-09 01:57 PM
    The past couple days hafve seemed that way for me, about as inconsistent as yahoo. Weird thing for Yahoo with me is that I get the error message when setting up, but it is still pulling messages about twice a day.

I wonder if Microsoft and Yahoo are doing something?
    12-13-09 02:19 PM
    Are you using the default email app or K-9? I have had more luck using K9 email with hotmail.
    12-13-09 03:06 PM
    Are you using the default email app or K-9? I have had more luck using K9 email with hotmail.

Is K-9 an app? I've been using the default email.
    12-13-09 03:30 PM
    I have always used K-9 and it is still messed up in regards to hotmail now.
    12-13-09 03:38 PM
    K-9 is an app, yes. Look for it in the Market.
    12-13-09 03:44 PM
    K-9 is an app, yes. Look for it in the Market.
    Thanks for your help. I installed it, and it basically said that it won't work with the free hotmail accounts.

How difficult is it to run hotmail through my gmail? This might be stupid...but will the hotmail still work as I know it to work, but just go directly to my gmail option? What steps do I do to set that up. I saw it somewhere here, but can't remember.
    12-13-09 08:46 PM
    Thanks for your help. I installed it, and it basically said that it won't work with the free hotmail accounts.

How difficult is it to run hotmail through my gmail? This might be stupid...but will the hotmail still work as I know it to work, but just go directly to my gmail option? What steps do I do to set that up. I saw it somewhere here, but can't remember.
    Mine works with the free hotmail, just not as good as it did the first month of owning the phone.

But basically, in Hotmail- go to options on the upper right of the page, click more options. There will be a line saying "forward mail to another account" I have 3 hotmail accts, it only allows me to forward one email acct.
    12-14-09 09:04 AM

My hotmail account is free, I've had it for years though. Give it a try.
    12-14-09 12:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD