I am not big on app downloads. But what I have noticed is the amount of free apps on Androids Market seem to be more useful to me than on BB App World.
    11-27-09 04:55 PM
    Is there an app that will lock the screen when talking on the phone? When the screen touches your face, it dials.

Thanks
    Beeray
    11-27-09 10:10 PM
    I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned that some apps on the Android Market are free and the same app on BlackBerry App World cost money. For example Shazam costs like what, 3-5 bucks on BB's App World and it's free on the Android Market.
    11-28-09 02:20 PM
    Is there an app that will lock the screen when talking on the phone? When the screen touches your face, it dials.

Thanks
    Beeray
    The Droid has a proximity sensor that automatically shuts the screen down when it's calling someone. Don't need to bother about getting an app that'll lock the screen down

I don't know about other Android phones though.
    11-28-09 02:21 PM
    Thanks. I realized that today.

Beeray
    11-28-09 11:18 PM
    The Droid has a proximity sensor that automatically shuts the screen down when it's calling someone. Don't need to bother about getting an app that'll lock the screen down

I don't know about other Android phones though.
    One of the many great things about the Droid, not needing to have the annoying screen lock app and then clicking again just to get to the dial pad to input numbers. Just became such a pain.
    11-29-09 04:11 AM
    I personally love the Droid hands down...and anyone who knows me knows that I've been thru a bunch of cell/smart/BB/iPhone & now the Droid...the Droids in my opinion beats them all thus far. Here's a link I got from this website for Android users...if interested:

� Blog Archive � Intuitit’s Home++ Gets Review
    11-29-09 03:42 PM
    Wow......very few posters are staying on topic! Have some respect for the OP.

I don't see any particularly useful alps on the droid you can't find on your bb.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-02-09 08:12 AM
    apps i like for android

google sky map - free - super awesome

wavesecure - free beta - track sim changes, find your lost phone via gps, lock phone remotely, backup data remotely, wipe data remotely, restore data

quick profiles - free - give you the functionality of BB profiles

Cestos - free - onine multiplayer, addictive game

Handcent SMS - free - super nice text message client with incredible customization

twidroid - free - good twitter app

bloo - free beta - decent FB app.....BB FB app is prob better

eBuddy IM - free - like beejive IM, only free

fxcamera - free - cool camera toy, gives auto preset exposure stuff for camera

picsay - free - camera photo editor, you can add props, text, basic edits, to pictures

backgrounds - free - super awesome wallpaper app

barcode scanner - free - as mentioned above

those are just some of the apps i have installed

i have also messed with the compass and they even have a metal detector app, that works, good for finding nails in studs on your wall
    12-02-09 08:31 AM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD