I just discovered swype and this is the most amazing app EVER! I can actually type faster than on my old 8900 physical keyboard...yikes! I dont even have to look at the keyboard...lol
    07-10-10 11:29 AM
    wow barely? you been under that android rock for a while man.. are u using the beta or?
    07-10-10 11:53 AM
    Well, im new to android...lol...its beta...att does not allow unsigned apps to be installed on the aria...but i googled a way to side load the apps and im loving it...lol
    07-10-10 12:27 PM
    It was cool for a week or so,now I don't use it.
    07-10-10 12:36 PM
    i hated the touchscreen keyboard before swype, i dont think ill uninstall it anytime soon...
    07-10-10 12:38 PM
    i hated the touchscreen keyboard before swype, i dont think ill uninstall it anytime soon...
    Swype is the ONLY way to type!
    07-10-10 12:40 PM
    Well, im new to android...lol...its beta...att does not allow unsigned apps to be installed on the aria...but i googled a way to side load the apps and im loving it...lol
    well congrats on the android phone. what did you have before? and i would liek to try it but i dont like betas :/ and your only side loading them, you dont have root ?
    07-10-10 12:47 PM
    I had a BB 8900 curve...yes, im only side loading now...when i get more comfortable with the phone ill probably root it...
    07-10-10 12:51 PM
    well congrats on the android phone. what did you have before? and i would liek to try it but i dont like betas :/ and your only side loading them, you dont have root ?
    Don't pay attention to the "beta" part of Swype...it's very functional right now,and I never had 1 problem with it.

When the beta went public in June, their servers were beyond overloaded...so it's a high caliber application...

PS.This thread made me install it again, lol!
    Last edited by Boomh4u3r; 07-10-10 at 01:00 PM.
    07-10-10 12:52 PM
    I tried it for like 10 seconds and removed it.
    Just didnt feel right to me. this was when i first got the Evo though and first touchscreen phone, so maybe i wasnt used to it yet.
    07-10-10 01:03 PM
    Don't pay attention to the "beta" part of Swype...it's very functional right now,and I never had 1 problem with it.

When the beta went public in June, their servers were beyond overloaded...so it's a high caliber application...

PS.This thread made me install it again, lol!
    the beta is free and after beta they will charge wont they..
    07-10-10 01:13 PM
    the beta is free and after beta they will charge wont they..
    I haven't heard any news to support that,but even still...the app would be worth a few bucks.
    07-10-10 01:15 PM
    Oh god.

I got my EVO two days ago and Swype was one of the first apps I installed.
    I will admit that it was a little touch and go at first, because I just didn't trust it to get the words right. But now, I can't imagine the phone without it, and it is unbelievable how intuitive and intelligent it is.

Sometimes, I forget the word I'm spelling (or ****, even the sentence I'm writing) mid swipe, and Swipe STILL figures it out.

I'm still on a learning curve, but it gets better every time I use it. So glad I didn't give up on it. :-)
    07-10-10 02:55 PM
    The beta version is closed. I didn't see it in the Market place, so I don't know how anyone would get it now, except if they purchase a phone with it already installed. Maybe it's in the Market, I just can't find it, even using the Search.
    07-10-10 05:37 PM
    The beta version is closed. I didn't see it in the Market place, so I don't know how anyone would get it now, except if they purchase a phone with it already installed. Maybe it's in the Market, I just can't find it, even using the Search.
    It won't be in the market. Google can find it for you.
    07-10-10 05:40 PM
    It won't be in the market. Google can find it for you.
    All I can find is the now closed beta version. I can't find a full version. Googled it and still only the beta version...which is now not available.
    07-10-10 06:01 PM
    All I can find is the now closed beta version. I can't find a full version. Googled it and still only the beta version...which is now not available.
    Hmmm...I use to have it before I got in the beta...I'll look for the apk
    07-10-10 06:16 PM
    http://www.androidcentral.com/downlo...-swype-android

IDK if this will work but here ya go. The apk is in the .zip file.
    07-10-10 06:31 PM
    Swype is standard on the Moto X.
    07-10-10 06:50 PM
    Swype is standard on the Moto X.
    Also on the Epic 4G
    07-10-10 07:48 PM
    Yeah, that's unfortunate. They had it open recently for a few weeks, and knowing that I was getting an android device, I went ahead and signed up and reserved myself a spot. Downloaded it two days ago with no problem.

But a google search shows that you can get it easily enough.
    07-10-10 07:50 PM
    Yeah, that's unfortunate. They had it open recently for a few weeks, and knowing that I was getting an android device, I went ahead and signed up and reserved myself a spot. Downloaded it two days ago with no problem.

But a google search shows that you can get it easily enough.
    I'll just have to wait until I get the X. It won't work on my Eris, according to that link above. Oh well....
    07-10-10 08:07 PM
    I'll just have to wait until I get the X. It won't work on my Eris, according to that link above. Oh well....
    follow the instructions on the link i pm'd you...should work
    07-10-10 08:11 PM
    follow the instructions on the link i pm'd you...should work
    I'll have to find my USB cord, first! lol I may have left it in a hotel room about a month ago...not sure. I thought I got it, but my brain may be shorting out!
    07-10-10 08:16 PM
    Man I love swype, but after a week or so on my moto droid and my incredible i started to have issues and had to uninstall it :/
    07-10-10 08:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD