First - battery life is really not great on the network. It's much better on WiFi, I actually got 22 hours Saturday. Sure, I wasn't on it. However, WiFi is very rarely an option for me. Can't get past seven or eight hours if I use it.

Second - it's starting to freeze and lag. When I try to unlock it will sit there and wait....wait....wait. It's also started to lag, particularly the browser.

Is any other Atrix owner experiencing similar issues? Did you resolve them? Care to share how?
    04-12-11 09:08 PM
    I don't have the atrix and I haven't had that problem on my DX, but have you tried clearing the browser cache? It could also be an issue with the memory card. I had a heck of a time with mine when I first got the phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-12-11 09:22 PM
    I can understand about battery life as it can be unpredictable at times but I have experienced ZERO lag issues with my Atrix.

As suggested clear the browser cache and as said by hootyhoo it can be a memory card issue.

I have had memory card issues in the past with my previous device which made it laggy, crash and reboot numerous times. The solution was to reformat the memory card.

Also if you haven't done so, do the old battery pull,you might have a program that's hogging up memory and a battery pull might fix it.
    04-12-11 09:40 PM
    The increasing lag and freezing are issues my gf has with her vibrant and I also noticed it when I used the G2 for awhile. If you find an answer I know she is tired of battery pulls so I would love to hear it.
    04-12-11 09:41 PM
    The increasing lag and freezing are issues my gf has with her vibrant and I also noticed it when I used the G2 for awhile. If you find an answer I know she is tired of battery pulls so I would love to hear it.
    I mentioned two possibilities above.

Other things that can cause this are apps and third party launchers. I had a couple of reboots when I first installed launcher pro, but haven't had any problems since the last couple of updates.

04-12-11 09:53 PM
    I mentioned two possibilities above.

Other things that can cause this are apps and third party launchers. I had a couple of reboots when I first installed launcher pro, but haven't had any problems since the last couple of updates.

Thanks, I don't think it's the apps but it might be the memory card. I appreciate the suggestions. She really likes the phone so it would be nice to get it running smoother.
    04-12-11 09:58 PM
    Have cleared the cache - I remember the days before Quick Pull when my 9000 would freeze.
    I haven't installed any apps over the weeknd, which was when it first happened.
    I'll try the media card.....t's the same one it came with and I didn't have any issues in the beginning.
    I have done about three or four battery pulls when it freezes. It's starting to not wake up or to not unlock.

Thanks for the suggestions.i

04-13-11 04:40 AM
    Maybe it has two left cores

04-13-11 07:45 AM
    Have cleared the cache - I remember the days before Quick Pull when my 9000 would freeze.
    I haven't installed any apps over the weeknd, which was when it first happened.
    I'll try the media card.....t's the same one it came with and I didn't have any issues in the beginning.
    I have done about three or four battery pulls when it freezes. It's starting to not wake up or to not unlock.

Thanks for the suggestions.i

Before you do anything with the media card, take it out and run the phone without it. If the phone runs normal then you know it's a media card issue.
    04-13-11 08:14 AM
    First - battery life is really not great on the network. It's much better on WiFi, I actually got 22 hours Saturday. Sure, I wasn't on it. However, WiFi is very rarely an option for me. Can't get past seven or eight hours if I use it.

Second - it's starting to freeze and lag. When I try to unlock it will sit there and wait....wait....wait. It's also started to lag, particularly the browser.

Is any other Atrix owner experiencing similar issues? Did you resolve them? Care to share how?
    These are a couple other reasons preventing me from switching to Android full time..... inconsistency in performance. I mean you can go from having a great day with good battery life and no lag or performance issues and then the next day with terrible battery life and the device acting like crap, with the same usage and no new apps. I really hated that part because I was unsure what to expect from the device so I have to monitor the device more than I care to just to make sure I can make it through the day. Having said that, I am confident that future OS updates will increase stability and battery life especially if Google will limit what manufacturers can do to the OS going forward.
    04-13-11 09:53 AM
    These are a couple other reasons preventing me from switching to Android full time..... inconsistency in performance. I mean you can go from having a great day with good battery life and no lag or performance issues and then the next day with terrible battery life and the device acting like crap, with the same usage and no new apps. I really hated that part because I was unsure what to expect from the device so I have to monitor the device more than I care to just to make sure I can make it through the day. Having said that, I am confident that future OS updates will increase stability and battery life especially if Google will limit what manufacturers can do to the OS going forward.
    Maybe that's when google's tracking you wouldn't be funny if that would be true?

04-13-11 10:03 AM
    Are you running any Task Killers? Contrary to what a lot of people believe, Task Killers are rarely a good thing, and can create your lag issues.
    04-13-11 10:28 AM
    Yes. Exactly. Because a bb is always problem free.

04-13-11 11:06 AM
    Are you running any Task Killers? Contrary to what a lot of people believe, Task Killers are rarely a good thing, and can create your lag issues.
    Thank you for mentioning that. I was about to ask about them.
    No, I don't have one.
    04-13-11 11:43 AM
    Before you do anything with the media card, take it out and run the phone without it. If the phone runs normal then you know it's a media card issue.
    Right, then. I'll rememberthat.
    This will be my weekend project.
    04-13-11 11:45 AM
    Yes. Exactly. Because a bb is always problem free.

What does a blackberry have to do with anything? As far as I'm concerned Android devices are the most inconsistent on a daily basis for performance and battery life. Now of course depends on the device but that's from my own experience and my own opinion with the devices I've used. But again, what does a blackberry have to do with what I said?
    04-13-11 12:30 PM
    The only time I've ever noticed any "lag" is during the unlock process using the fingerprint scanner. I installed an app called No Lock that disables this feature when I don't need it. I can simply hit my volume rocker to wake the phone..and it does it near instantaneous. This shows me that the fingerprint scanner has a few quirks to it yet.

04-13-11 06:07 PM
    2 things I've noticed that have caused device lag are not clearing the browser cache and low battery.
    04-13-11 06:48 PM
    The only time I've ever noticed any "lag" is during the unlock process using the fingerprint scanner. I installed an app called No Lock that disables this feature when I don't need it. I can simply hit my volume rocker to wake the phone..and it does it near instantaneous. This shows me that the fingerprint scanner has a few quirks to it yet.

Yup - it does. But it's a fantastic idea.
    04-13-11 07:21 PM
    2 things I've noticed that have caused device lag are not clearing the browser cache and low battery.
    I've cleared the browser but I haven't noticed the battery level and whether that's when the lag happens. I'll let it drain and play with it when it's low. Right now it's already charging.
    04-13-11 07:26 PM
    I've been enjoying my atrix w/o almost no lag. I say "almost" because some apps do lag and it's not my atrix because it happens on multiple devices.

For example, my Words with Friends lagged on my Nexus One as well.

Battery life has been excellent for me actually. Did you calibrate your battery?
    04-14-11 02:58 AM
    OK - since I'm about to ask what you mean I most likely didn't.

So.....define that process, please?
    04-14-11 07:57 AM

I've never done it because I never felt the need to, but i think you drain the battery all the way down to 0% (let the phone turn itself off), and then charge it back to 100%.
    04-14-11 03:16 PM
    I've never done it because I never felt the need to, but i think you drain the battery all the way down to 0% (let the phone turn itself off), and then charge it back to 100%.
    That's a big NO with modern batteries.
    04-14-11 03:39 PM

If you mean calibrate the battery, I wouldn't even bother, I seriously doubt that has anything to do with the issues you're experiencing.

I have done that in the past with previous devices and it it doesn't help or do anything for battery or device performance.
    04-14-11 03:46 PM
86 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD