Ok....I just bought my wife a Motorola Cliq through T-Mobile.

The 1st couple of days, the battery was lasting like 6 hours, after a full charge. Im not very familiar w/ Android phones, I have had a Blackberry for the past few years. I talked to a guy @ T-Mobile that recommended an "app killing" program (FREE). So I downloaded it from the Market and figured out how to use it. The problem is right after killing the apps, I exit the program, go right back in and most of the programs I just closed are open again....dont get it.

There are days where her battery life is great, but 5 out of 7 days a week it gets 8 or so hours before dying.

Is that because it is so "socially active?" Always checking Facebook updates, weather, "Happenings" etc....

Any help would be useful! Thanks!
    04-07-10 07:12 PM
    Also.......anyone know of another app killing program? Paid or free.....whataver. At this point I would be willing to try anything. My wife loves her phone and wants to keep it.
    04-07-10 07:14 PM
    I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you are lucky to get 8 hours. I managed to get 5 if I was lucky and that was with the charger plugged in while I was using the phone. And I downloaded the same app(taskkiller) and it didn't really work. It closes your apps but when you go back in 5 minutes later, the apps are running again. All of the social networking feeds and updates will kill the battery but also moderate email and instant messaging will do it too. I hated it so much that I just went back to my berry. Plus I found that the Android market apps were mostly fluff. It is a solid phone, but using it drains the battery as soon as you do. I did notice improved battery life when I deleted the happenings widget from the home page. If you want to know anything else, let me know.
    04-07-10 07:39 PM
    Tell your wife to delete all widgets on the home screen that she is not using including weather and news. They are a complete drain.
    04-07-10 07:40 PM
    Can I do that through the settings somewhere? I try to get her to go Blackberry, but its a no go. Appreciate the advice!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-07-10 07:42 PM
    To delete the widgets, you have to hold the widget until you feel a vibration and then drag it to the trashcan at the bottom of the screen. You can delete all the widgets and see what it does. If you can, try to get her to go to a berry. I left the berry and regretted it a week after having the phone. I swore I would never leave the berry and regret doing it. If you want to know anything else, you can pin me at 21dcaac9 - I would be glad to help.
    04-07-10 08:11 PM
    I will add you tonight. I will BBM you if I run into any problems. I appreciate your responses.
    04-07-10 09:21 PM
    It worked well thanks. I deleted unused widgets & my wife is using the app killer. She has had it off the charger for 10 hours with normal use, and its @ 83%. Much better.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-08-10 10:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD