I was wondering if anyone knows of an app or if there is something in the security settings that will allow me to lock the Eris so its not possible to view anything while its locked. Right now when you put the pattern lock on the screen, when a text comes through you can still see the entire message at the bottom of the screen. Anyone know? Thanks in advance.
    11-10-09 10:13 AM
    Hope someone can answer this, i would like to keep the phone but that privacy feature is the dealbreaker.
    11-10-09 10:34 AM
    Stop cheating! lol
    11-10-09 11:01 AM
    I was wondering if anyone knows of an app or if there is something in the security settings that will allow me to lock the Eris so its not possible to view anything while its locked. Right now when you put the pattern lock on the screen, when a text comes through you can still see the entire message at the bottom of the screen. Anyone know? Thanks in advance.
    I am not sure how your Eris is setup but mine do not display when the phone is locked.
    11-10-09 11:23 AM
    That isnt the answer im looking for lol. Well its not even totally for that reason, i leave my phone out and sometimes i dont want my coworkers being able to read whats on the phone either.
    11-10-09 11:24 AM
    if you do the sms fix (search) download handcent sms. it will not display the message on the lock screen like the native sms app does. plus it looks alot nicer.(bubble sms threaded..think iphone)
    11-10-09 12:25 PM
    Thank you so much. You have no idea how happy that makes me.
    11-10-09 12:31 PM
    I tried tht app too but tht texts showed up in both in boxes so I had to open both of them when I got a text. Kind of annoying. Maybe I was doing it wrong.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-10-09 01:11 PM
    To fix the double notification go to sms options and turn off the notifications. And your welcome music.

Also when you download and setup the handcent sms app make sure to turn off the popup option or else it will do the same as the native app

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-10-09 01:19 PM
    Crap...that actually didnt work for me. It shows it even larger. Maybe im doing something wrong?
    11-10-09 01:42 PM
    It still shows up on the screen right before i have to enter the pattern lock.
    11-10-09 02:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD