I'm hoping some of you guys may be able to help me. I have a torch for work and just upgraded my personal line from an original iphone to a captivate.

So far I REALLY like the torch - but I'm just not really into the captivate. I have really struggled learning the captivate but had no problem picking up the torch.

Are there apps or widgets that you recommend? Suggestions in general?
    11-21-10 09:55 PM
    Get a second torch......personally, I am not a fan, but sounds like the dr ordered you to be. Get what moves you!
    11-21-10 10:12 PM
    If you can't use the Torch during personal time (weekends, days off etc.), I recommend just using the work Torch. However, if the Torch can only be used for work then I suggest getting a personal Torch or 9780 when AT&T releases it if you want to have a BB. If not maybe an iPhone 4? You can trade the Captivate for it depending on how long you've had it.

I would suggest some apps but it seems like you don't care too much for the device. Why?
    Last edited by CASH; 11-21-10 at 10:48 PM.
    11-21-10 10:39 PM
    Maybe if you told us what you are having problems with, then we could help you out. Be specific please.
    11-21-10 10:39 PM
    johnly/CASH - I can use the torch anytime I want. We have unlimited talk, but not unlimited text or data. But that's not really a big deal.

CASH - If the 9780 was out, I think I would be returning the Captivate. Honestly, there is nothing else that really impresses me. I came from an original iphone - and didn't really like it either (even though I had it since they came out).

xliderider/CASH - as far as why I don't care for the device...I honestly don't know what it is. I cannot put my finger on it. Swype is kind of cool, browsing works well, turn-by-turn and google voice are cool. I don't like the way social media works on it. But that has been better since I downloaded tweetdeck instead of trying to use the apps installed by android. I think my biggest issues are I am just giving too much credit to the "factory" apps. I'm very frustrated that when I sync'd my contacts it merged some contacts that should not have been merged (i.e. it added an 800 number that was in my address book to my e-mail address; combined my cousin named John with my uncle named John, etc).

I have done a LOT of reading tonight and was able to talk to a friend of mine who has a captivate. With the tips he gave me, I am more comfortable with the device.

Hopefully the above ramblings help clarify.
    11-21-10 11:34 PM
    I hear you. Personally, using two diffrrent OSs would anoy me. There is a significant learning curve to android, and it can take weeks. Good luck.
    11-22-10 12:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD