Just to keep it nice and clean and let's all be as helpful as always!

I'm gonna start by saying that I have 5 email accounts set up on the phone, and even when I send an email through my google account it takes at least 4 hours for the e-mail to go out.

Any ideas why!?
    11-06-09 11:05 AM
    I'm gonna start by saying that I have 5 email accounts set up on the phone, and even when I send an email through my google account it takes at least 4 hours for the e-mail to go out.

Any ideas why!?
    How can you even want to use the phone if the e-mail isn't working right? Or is that the only play your S2 gets now?!

My only guess is something is causing it to have severe packet loss and the system is clogged? .. and it must be severe if its taking hours..
    11-06-09 11:08 AM
    especially with so many rushing to get the phone...could be a network issue? I haven't had any delay on my curve, but who knows.
    11-06-09 11:10 AM
    No delay on my S2 on 5 accts. Maybe it's a setting on the Droid? Or a provisioning issue?
    11-06-09 11:11 AM
    It can't be the network, I think. I sent the email last night at around 12:30 am and I received the e-mail at 4:56 am this morning.
    11-06-09 11:11 AM
    My emails are coming right through, i watched your You Tube video and i must say im not having the same issues.

As to any other issues, i had to do a battery pull last night after messing with the Droid for a cpl hours (bad Storm memories) but so far I'm loving the phone. I think it may of had to do with a bad app i downloaded.

Keep up the good work sir, i will continue to follow you on twitter and your site even after my Storm divorce
    11-06-09 11:14 AM
    I totally misread the title of this thread as "Having problems with your 'roids". Don't ask me why I still clicked through!
    11-06-09 11:14 AM
    and so it begins
    11-06-09 11:19 AM
    Man, you are reeeeeeally searching for problems with this phone...
    11-06-09 11:19 AM
    Another weird thing that happen to my Droidy last night for the first time is:

I charged it until around 1 AM and then I unplugged the Droid because the battery was full and this morning the phone was completely dead!

I'm sure I left an app running on the back, but really!?? I'm like an old person and new technology scares me! LOL Now that everyone has one I need some help guys
    11-06-09 11:20 AM
    I made the same post on the Storm 2 forums dude..... Like I said... I've never said the Android was a bad phone, my only complain was the e-mail... THATS IT! Go through every single one of my videos, every single one of my comments.
    11-06-09 11:21 AM
    You've got something screwed up sal? I set my email up in maybe 2 min, and i'm getting them very fast. 1-2 min for one pop account and 5 for comcast.

Maybe you should delete the accounts and start over? something is def wrong
    11-06-09 11:21 AM
    You've got something screwed up sal? I set my email up in maybe 2 min, and i'm getting them very fast. 1-2 min for one pop account and 5 for comcast.

Maybe you should delete the accounts and start over? something is def wrong
    I know, but I did that a million times already! I guess I'm just gonna show up at Verizon and ask them to help me for this one
    11-06-09 11:24 AM
    Can't get my yahoo email configurated correctly, other than that everything else is cool.
    11-06-09 11:26 AM
    I know, but I did that a million times already! I guess I'm just gonna show up at Verizon and ask them to help me for this one
    Good luck, 1 thought I had is do you think your phone could have some early software on it? Or maybe in needs to be wiped since it was probably somebodies test unit. I don't really know, just some ideas.....
    11-06-09 11:28 AM
    Good luck, 1 thought I had is do you think your phone could have some early software on it? Or maybe in needs to be wiped since it was probably somebodies test unit. I don't really know, just some ideas.....
    It was clean when I got it, and did an extra "wipe" too, as I do with all the phones I get.

I don't think its an OS problem I really think I don't know how to set up my e-mails like this, that's all. I just need someone who can tell me how to set up YAHOO emails and the rest I can figure out myself.
    11-06-09 11:31 AM
    Heaven forbid Sal is actually honest about the Droid and not trying to make it seem soooooo far above the S2 like countless now-Droid users.
    11-06-09 11:33 AM
    You probably have a problem with your outgoing mail server setup. Im not on a droid, but if it's like regular email, which I assume it is, make sure you have the proper outgoing url. Its probably something simple...usually is.

Basically, from what I know, it uses internet, not a DROID or Verizon server to send the mail, so there has to be a problem with your outgoing set up.
    11-06-09 11:33 AM
    It was clean when I got it, and did an extra "wipe" too, as I do with all the phones I get.

I don't think its an OS problem I really think I don't know how to set up my e-mails like this, that's all. I just need someone who can tell me how to set up YAHOO emails and the rest I can figure out myself.
    A wee bit of an info about Yahoo. Unless you're paying $14.95 per year for Yahoo Plus, you can't use POP3 polling on the account. So, if you're having issues with your Yahoo account, that's probably why. The only reason why it may work on the BB platform is because of the partnership that RIM has with them. The Droid will be treated as a POP3 client (i.e. Outlook), so by default it won't be able to poll the account unless you enabled POP3 under Options/POP3 in the Yahoo Mail webpage portal, but there it'll tell you that you need Yahoo Plus if you want to do POP3.

Who wants to be me that this is your issue?
    11-06-09 11:43 AM
    A wee bit of an info about Yahoo. Unless you're paying $14.95 per year for Yahoo Plus, you can't use POP3 polling on the account. So, if you're having issues with your Yahoo account, that's probably why. The only reason why it may work on the BB platform is because of the partnership that RIM has with them. The Droid will be treated as a POP3 client (i.e. Outlook), so by default it won't be able to poll the account unless you enabled POP3 under Options/POP3 in the Yahoo Mail webpage portal, but there it'll tell you that you need Yahoo Plus if you want to do POP3.

Who wants to be me that this is your issue?
    I knew I wasn't able to instal POP3 anymore (since yahoo took down the freaking link on their page that says HOW TO SET IT UP) and now was charging a "fee" for it, but I thought to myself "THEY CAN'T DO THAT TO EVERYONE, MOST PEOPLE WILL FLIP OUT WHEN THEY NOTICE THAT", but I guess I was wrong... LOL

So all I gotta do to get my yahoo e-mail is to pay a freaking fee!? I hate them so much, I don't even care about the couple bucks, just the fact that they are charging. DBags!!!

Gracias Civic that is greatly appreciated.
    11-06-09 11:50 AM
    Good one JRS, I didnt see the Yahoo part of his post. Yep, no polling without POP3. You need Yahoo Plus.

My suggestion is, You have your own URL anyway. Why not use your url email? It's a pop account that you can create probably as many as you want.

If you have gmail, yahoo and your own url accounts, and your mail isnt going through, it's possible your yahoo account is holding everything up, sorta waiting in line. Take out your yahoo account if that's the case and see how it works without it.
    11-06-09 11:53 AM
    I knew I wasn't able to instal POP3 anymore (since yahoo took down the freaking link on their page that says HOW TO SET IT UP) and now was charging a "fee" for it, but I thought to myself "THEY CAN'T DO THAT TO EVERYONE, MOST PEOPLE WILL FLIP OUT WHEN THEY NOTICE THAT", but I guess I was wrong... LOL

So all I gotta do to get my yahoo e-mail is to pay a freaking fee!? I hate them so much, I don't even care about the couple bucks, just the fact that they are charging. DBags!!!

Gracias Civic that is greatly appreciated.
    If this is truly your problem with Yahoo email, then log into Yahoo Mail via a web browser on your PC (heck, use the Droid, it'll do it unlike your BB, ) and got to Options on the right of the page and then POP3 on the left under the Options tabs. It'll give you a link there on what to do to enable the Yahoo Plus features.

To my knowledge, unless Moto went into some kind of exclusive Yahoo deal with them, POP3 polling won't work for your Yahoo account until you do this. The mistake most BB users make is that they treat all smartphones "as a Blackberry". They are not, a BB is simply a remote terminal for whatever the RIM servers allow you to do, that IS NOT a smartphone by "traditional definition". Because of this, not all the same rules apply and be it an Android, iPhone, WinMo, whatever smartphone, the rules that must be followed with them as the same as those of regular/traditional email clients (i.e. Outlook and the such). Try setting up your Yahoo email in Outlook or Outlook express and I bet you'll probably have the same issue, but try it... what have you got to lose but $14.95. I'm pretty sure this may be your issue though.

BTW, here's a link that even give you info on server names to use and such. Good luck...

POP Yahoo! Mail Plus with Microsoft Outlook 2002 (XP) and 2003

One thing to try before you go Yahoo Plus is to verify that your email servers are right in the config you have now.

Use pop.mail.yahoo.com for Incoming and smtp.mail.yahoo.com for outgoing.
    11-06-09 11:58 AM
    Just paid the 20 freaking dollar fee for yahoo! I hate them so much!
    11-06-09 11:59 AM
    at least its only 20 dollars a year.... not to horribly bad.
    11-06-09 12:16 PM
    alright need help, I added a widget but then deleted the app I downloaded. on the screen it says "problem loading widget". I can't add another widget on the screen right now. Anyone know how do get rid of that error message?
    11-06-09 12:21 PM
118 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD