Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By howarmat
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Have you seen the new Galaxy Note 2

I recently bumped in to this 8 minute commercial on youtube:

So I clicked on it to see what the competition is up to. I was so surprised that some of the key features that were advertised in BB10 exist on the Galaxy Note2 already.
    The marketing for Note2 emphasizes on Do-More-in-One and how it's supposed to be amazing at multitasking and productivity since it's a phone, tablet, notepad, planner and game console. The multi window (2:22) really impressed me in that you can open up two apps on one screen without having to switch. Sounds pretty 'flow' to me. The pop-up window, which is already featured on the S3 is also quite cool. Not something that I desperate need but just an awesome feature to have. At 4:34 it has the 'best face' feature which is very similar to BB10's camera. Samsung phones are really built with more than most people need but it's always there just in case anyone uses it. I can admit that Samsung has been around for a long time but for BB10 to be entering an competitive market where other OS has been long enough to be polished (after all, we don't know how buggy BB10 could be.) People are not so easy to forgive BB10 (compared to iOS6 maps) due to being such a let down in the recent years. Note2 also comes with quadcore, jellybean, 2gig ram and a whopping 3100mAh battery (more than the Aristo which is rumored to come out LATE next year) What do you guys think of the Note2? And I haven't done my research yet but I'm pretty sure other phone companies are stepping up their game as well.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,122 Global Posts

Default Re: Have you seen the new Galaxy Note 2

Impressive all around. The video emphasized the business and productivity features.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    317 Global Posts

I really don't like large phones, but I was quite impressed and would definitely consider it. Multi View seemed a tad awkwardly implemented and it only supports Samsung and select Google apps, but most of the things you'd want to multitask with are covered and it's a worthwhile feature overall. As tempting as it is, I can't cave because my contract won't expire until a little bit after BB10 launches.
    I'm trying to be nicer. If I say something that's not very nice, feel free to remind me
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    919 Global Posts

Looks like the Note 2 was made narrower and taller. That should make it easier to hold in one hand. But other than the Note 2 being larger, the S3 can do all of that already. Still, I might consider one for my secondary upgrade.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,722 Global Posts
    PIN
    BBM & Kik (ask)

I keep looking at the Note 2 as a possible option to replace my SGS (which gets carried along with my BB). The larger size doesn't bother me. I'm one of the few people who would love to have telephone capabilities on my Playbook so I would only have to carry one device (instead of the BB + Playbook). A phablet and a Bluetooth headset and I'm all set.
    RuneCryption - Unique memory game for PlayBook & BB10, now "Built for BlackBerry".
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    317 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Marty_LK View Post
    ...the S3 can do all of that already...
    S Pen...
    I'm trying to be nicer. If I say something that's not very nice, feel free to remind me
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

It just feels like most of RIM's marketing and what BB10's amazing features are being done in many phones out there. Of course it's not the same but all of the different OS are starting to converge. Does this means harder marketing for RIM and the future of BB10 phones?
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,122 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by itmccb View Post
    S Pen...
    The S3 doesn't do multi view, but it does support pop up for select apps.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

PIN
    27F48177

I wouldn't be caught dead with one of those to my ear, I remember when 8300s curves were called bricks.

Global Posts
    23,396 Global Posts
    PIN
    24DA0A39

Quote Originally Posted by cfx_will View Post
    It just feels like most of RIM's marketing and what BB10's amazing features are being done in many phones out there. Of course it's not the same but all of the different OS are starting to converge. Does this means harder marketing for RIM and the future of BB10 phones?
    Yes many features on bb10 are already being done but its not really a surprise since RIM has been able to take the best offerings from other OSs and integrate it into bb10. There will be some things that bb10 will have that the competition doesnt but overall its going to have most features on par with everyone else
    ~Matt
    Nexus 5, Z10 LE, White Lumia 521, 32GB Nook HD+ & 16GB PB, 32 GB Dell Venue 8 Pro
    @howarmat
    kbz1960 likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

It's very impressive. I have been deciding for the last month or so if I should upgrade my 9800 to that. I have an iPhone 4 on contract, but I still use BB for what it's meant for. The size is the only thing I'm thinking of. Casually it's great, cause it's big. At work and stuff and in crowded areas, I dunno if I can be bothered to whip that thing out lol.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,313 Global Posts
    PIN
    8900 for sale

why someone pulled it off from youtube.. Jeezh, C'mon!
    T-MO GN II 4G FanDROID
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,313 Global Posts
    PIN
    8900 for sale

the wait is OVER! I got mine and love it!

anyway the PRO Basketball LeBron James got his GALAXY NOTE II -

LB-James's site , if you are huge fan of his.
    T-MO GN II 4G FanDROID