Why all the hate? Hate the Playbook or love it...it's great for everyone.

You love apple? then it makes apple step it up a little and put in some key feautures consumers want
    You love google/android? same thing

So stop hating the competition and appreciate what is good for everyone. I notice the key complaints are

1. No announcement of battery life...
    It is a week long event, and blackberry has a great track record of having superior battery life. Don't count them out quite yet.
    2. No Pricing...
    Give it time...christ. Do you honestly think RIM is stupid enough to release a device that isn't price pointed to compete with the iPad or Galaxy. I know you think they are that stupid.. but common.
    3. No Storage Announcement...16gb/32gb only..
    16gb/32gb are the only storages shown so far. It hasn't even been announced yet. I highly doubt the iPad 2.0 will have 128gb of storage.
    4. The bezel is too big
    I personally am not a fan of the bezel myself, I agree. Just a tad too much, but I haven't used an iPad too heavily but I hear it is personal preference and that the bezel helps you from pressing unwanted things.
    5. The name has "Play" in it, but it's for enterprise users?
    I don't know how you guys have been raised but I was told that just because two words are in one doesn't mean that word means the same thing. It's called the PLAYBOOK not PLAY. Playbook is a term made in reference to strategy. Get it right
    6. This sucks the iPad 2.0 will be better
    Then congrats to them, but until that happens and the specs are released.. STFU.
    7. RIM copied the OS. Be creative
    I don't know how much more creative you can be then to not use OS 6.0 and have someone else develop it for you. I don't know why everyone is so offended it swipes the same way, honestly how else are you supposed to swipe across different pages. Sorry I don't want to push 50 different menus to switch my app! It is called being practical and using what works best.
    8. Steve Jobs Twitter
    You are a straight up *********, I would love to see apple fall flat on its face and you being at fault. Unlikely but I would love to watch Wall Street 3: Steve Jobs Is An *****.
    9. It must be because I'm a RIM fanboy
    Unfortunately not, I own both an iPhone 4 and Bold 9000. Love both devices. BlackBerry is more practical for me, iPhone is a great companion device. I can just appreciate something good no matter who makes it.
    09-27-10 08:36 PM
    Uhh cool I guess.

And wth are you talking about? Steve Jobs's twitter?
    09-27-10 08:53 PM
    What Haters do you speak of..?
    09-27-10 08:54 PM
    Im guessing hes been reading around
    09-27-10 08:55 PM
    Im guessing hes been reading around
    He must've...not sure what he's reading since I've heard NONE of those complaints.

Well, an article did mention that there was no speak of what kinda battery it was using, but it was hardly "hating", just an observation. With all the horsepower that tablet has, one would be curious as to what upgrades they made to the battery to handle it.
    09-27-10 09:00 PM
    have to admit, I still find the iPad more desirable. and RIM waiting until 2011 to release this thing is not a good idea because iPad 2 will completely overshadow it. I'm no Apple fanboy as I obviously have a BlackBerry Torch, but I don't think this will sell too well. a 10" screen, sooner release, and a decent price-point would do well for the PlayBook though.
    09-27-10 09:03 PM
    have to admit, I still find the iPad more desirable. and RIM waiting until 2011 to release this thing is not a good idea because iPad 2 will completely overshadow it. I'm no Apple fanboy as I obviously have a BlackBerry Torch, but I don't think this will sell too well. a 10" screen, sooner release, and a decent price-point would do well for the PlayBook though.
    I don't think the iPad2 will overshadow it at all...kinda stupid to offer such a nice product that totes a nice browsing experience when it can't even load Flash...
    09-27-10 09:07 PM
    i agree, not having the product even close to production is going to hurt it. apple does the same thing sorta but normally you expect them out in a short while. Not sure if we even see this device until spring....i will probably have a Tab by then if that is the case
    09-27-10 09:14 PM
    Its just going to be fun with all the competition around. Next thing you no, there will be an android powered tablet, ive seen a few from china on ebay, nothing legit though.
    09-27-10 09:32 PM
    09-27-10 09:38 PM
    i agree, not having the product even close to production is going to hurt it. apple does the same thing sorta but normally you expect them out in a short while. Not sure if we even see this device until spring....i will probably have a Tab by then if that is the case
    RIM already said early 2011, so what is your point??
    09-27-10 09:40 PM
    My guess is the ones that are actually knocking the name "Playbook" are pencil-necked-geek-nerds who have no clue about sports and never played in a sport in their life.
    09-27-10 09:42 PM
    Samsung Reveals Tablet Launch Details

Galaxy Tab is very close to rollout

Wow spoke too soon
    09-27-10 09:52 PM
    RIM already said early 2011, so what is your point??
    my point is dave they are late to the show. Android will have atleast 1 if not more legit tablets by the time this device is release. They need to BEAT people to the market, not always follow.

The specs on this are great I agree and cant wait to see it, but again i am not in the mood to wait 6 more months
    09-27-10 09:57 PM
    my point is dave they are late to the show. Android will have atleast 1 if not more legit tablets by the time this device is release. They need to BEAT people to the market, not always follow.

The specs on this are great I agree and cant wait to see it, but again i am not in the mood to wait 6 more months
    this post is excellent point!
    09-27-10 10:25 PM
    From what I can gather so far the PlayBook seems to be (so far at least) marketed largely towards business oriented users and I've read around on the forum that some companies have already made inquiries about it so I think it'll get a substantial boost in that segment of the market. The size of the iPad and the size of the PlayBook are up to consumer preference. Some people want a smaller tablet while others want a larger one. Personally I find the size of the PlayBook to be perfect. It's easier to handle, easier to stow away, and less obvious when used in public (that can be a plus or a minus depending on what you want). The iPad and the SurfBook are not perfectly interchangeable devices and each one will appeal to certain people in different ways. I'm fairly sure that RIM would give the SurfBook a good price point to make the market more competitive.
    09-27-10 10:35 PM
    i find the size of the playbook to be perfect as well..
    the ipad screen is ok...if you can do more than the APPs and web browsing..
    but it never really replaced my netbook and laptop.
    it replaced my ipod touch and iphone use though.
    09-27-10 10:41 PM
    I read OP's voice in a calm but firm voice. Nice reasoning

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-27-10 11:04 PM
    The iPad was just launched April of this year. There is no confirmation the PlayBook would be launch next year. From what I've read, it looks like it's going to be November of this year.
    09-27-10 11:27 PM
    The iPad was just launched April of this year. There is no confirmation the PlayBook would be launch next year. From what I've read, it looks like it's going to be November of this year.
    Thats round the corner, i doubt it though
    09-27-10 11:43 PM
    id much rather see this in hospitals than the ipad. gl rim
    09-28-10 01:22 AM
    It also comes down to what do you prefer the most: Unmatched Security or Very Limited Amount of Security?

How much security can you get from WP7/Android/iOS/Symbian...think about that one for awhile. For me I'm all about Security (I have nothing to hide), its just I'm anal about my security.

I'm not saying that BlackBerries/BIS/BES/RIM aren't untouchable from severe security threats/breaches but yeah...

I will admit though, I ain't the smartest **** when it comes to the actual architecture of OS's and what not so I could be completely and utterly wrong with what I've said in this here post.

Thnx, �Tripster�

09-28-10 04:37 AM
    Its supposed to be a late january release
    09-28-10 04:49 AM

I don't think RIM needs to beat everyone to the Market with something, they are a reliability company, not a flash and bang company. RIM is releasing a lot of great things, but they are not flashy things, they are opening up BBM to developers, creating BEAM, introducing easy roll out of advertising for App developers, giving free app usage information to developers, and clearly they are looking at expanding markets. this will be RIM first attempt outside of the smartphone world, unlike apple and samsung have made consumer electronics for a long time so they are familiar with things, I would rather RIM hold off then release something with overheating issues.

my HOPES are that RIM releases this early 2011, I'd love to have this for my March vacation so I can really give it time to play!
    09-28-10 06:53 AM
    First thing I'm doing when I get to work today is ring up our wireless and laptop fleet Chief. Want to get a feel for how our folks feel for it. I think it would be considered an extravagance and the feds won't agree to it for us.
    I'm hoping I'm wrong.

09-28-10 07:08 AM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD