Whenever someone calls my Google number will it show their number on my Verizon bill?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-04-10 12:12 AM
    i believe it does. i will double check if someone
    doesn't already answer.
    12-04-10 12:22 AM
    It depends. Do you have GV set to display your # when you make an outgoing call, or display your GV # when you receive calls to it? If yes to both, then no, their numbers won't appear.

If you use the native GV app to make an outgoing call, it'll show the random number being generated by the application at the time of the call being made. Likewise, if you choose to have your caller's numbers shown when he, or she, calls your GV #, then that number will be shown.

The main beauty of GV is free visual voicemail, and text. You can configure it to allow for free calling, provided you have a plan including a friends and family-style setup.
    12-04-10 12:23 AM
    i believe i was correct.

If you change your incoming settings for Caller ID [ Settings / Calls / Caller ID (in) ] and select to always display your own GV phone number, then yes, your phone bill will reflect your own GV number and not the actual number that dialed you.
    12-04-10 12:26 AM
    Yep... correct info.

You can use GV for free calls, but it takes some simple tweaking.... FWIW.
    12-05-10 01:22 AM
    How can you make free calls using google voice?
    12-30-10 04:58 PM
    As Issanjose stated, for the simple set-up, you need a friends/family type plan. You'd also need a call-out program to call the number and connect.

You'd also have to give up caller ID, and toggle call presentation in main GV settings.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-30-10 05:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD