Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,013 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Google Unveils New Nexus Devices (Even Though Event Canceled by Hurricane Sandy)

Yes Dude! Yes Dude! Yes Dude!
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    919 Global Posts

Default Re: Google Unveils New Nexus Devices (Even Though Event Canceled by Hurricane Sandy)

The 10" Nexus tab really impresses for level of tech built in. And the price is competitive. The 32GB Nexus 7 with 3G data is only $300. That's the lowest of all small, high-end, tabs.
    Between Realities

Global Posts
    12,055 Global Posts

Default Re: Google Unveils New Nexus Devices (Even Though Event Canceled by Hurricane Sandy)

Bigger one seems compelling.
  4. DX9
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    779 Global Posts

Ouch no LTE for Nexus 4?

Global Posts
    24,225 Global Posts
    PIN
    24DA0A39

Quote Originally Posted by DX9 View Post
    Ouch no LTE for Nexus 4?
    there must be another nexus device in the works for LTE customers. really want to see it soon as I will be eligible for upgrade later in Nov actually.
    ~Matt
    Nexus 5, Z10 LE, White Lumia 521, 32GB Nook HD+ & 16GB PB, 32 GB Dell Venue 8 Pro
    @howarmat
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    919 Global Posts

I found this article rather interesting; I already knew why there was no LTE in Google-branded phones before reading it, but it cemented the understanding. Basically it's because of carrier control. Slow lane: why Google's new Nexus 4 doesn't have LTE | The Verge
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    17,128 Global Posts

Not really just carrier control, LTE cross compatibility and deployment is a mess at best. Yes AT&T/VZ will not allow unlocked phones, but the bigger issue is that HSPA+ is compatible basically everywhere as long as you have a pentaband radio. For LTE you basically get to make a bunch of custom variants for different carriers (not to mention a lot of networks not even having LTE in the states, let alone the rest of the world).
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    5,341 Global Posts

The Nexus 4 looks very nice. I don't like LG phones very much though.
    Between Realities

Global Posts
    12,055 Global Posts

I admit to not being a big fan of LG devices either.
    CrackBerry User

Unclear if Nexus 7 32GB will have 3G or 4G? Explain mobile data , hpsa+ and AT&T sim card? I thought if the tablet unlocked, you can chose the Internet company for 3G/4G.
    Last edited by Gwendolyn_USA; 11-14-2012 at 01:39 PM.
    O.G.

Global Posts
    12,294 Global Posts

I so wanted a new nexus. My upgrade is at the end of this month. I guess it's BB10 all the way for me at this point now. Hopefully an LTE version comes out. I probably won't buy another Android smartphone unless it's a nexus.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,336 Global Posts

I'm really eyeing up the Nexus 10. I'm so tired of Microsoft products. This might finally be the one I grab.
    (AT&T)Nokia 5110(2001)-->(Cingular)Nokia 6102i (2007)-->(T-Mobile) Blackberry Pearl 8120 (2008)-->(T-Mobile) Blackberry Bold 9700(2010)-->(T-Mobile) T-Mobile G2 (2010)--> (Sprint) HTC Evo 4G White (2011)-->(T-Mobile) T-Mobile G2 (2011)--> (AT&T) HTC Inspire 4G (2011)(AT&T)HTC Vivid (2012)-->(Verizon) Samsung Galaxy S III White
    ~K Bear~