Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Google Talk issues with Droid?

I have been using Google Talk on my Droid because my friend who I used to use BBM with when I had my Blackberry has Sprint and I don't want to use my texts. We're always in the middle of a conversation and she'll just stop responding and will text me to tell me that it keeps saying i'm unavailable! Just randomly in the middle of conversations this happens. Every 5 mins! It's so frustrating. Anybody know why this is? I already unchecked the box where it says to disconnect me when the screen goes off so this is not the issue.
    CrackBerry User

Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall the application after restarting the phone? Google talk did this to me on my droid once upon a time and after i uninstalled the application and then restarted the phone everything was working perfectly.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Auriaka View Post
    Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall the application after restarting the phone? Google talk did this to me on my droid once upon a time and after i uninstalled the application and then restarted the phone everything was working perfectly.

How did you uninstall and reinstall? I don't see an option on my droid to uninstall. And I looked and the market and google talk is not there so how would I get it back? I want to try what you did I cannot take this anymore!

CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    EAPPLE

Quote Originally Posted by David526 View Post
    How did you uninstall and reinstall? I don't see an option on my droid to uninstall. And I looked and the market and google talk is not there so how would I get it back? I want to try what you did I cannot take this anymore!

Impossible to uninstall google talk as it is a native preinstalled app that comes with your phone. If you want to get creative, you can of course remove it with root access through ADB but that's a different story.

As for the problem at hand, the only thing i can think of is going to settings > applications > manage applications > then hit menu and select filter, show all.

From there scroll to google talk and clear its data.
    Portfolio | My Twitter
    -------------------------------------------------
    Phone: Samsung Fascinate
    Rom: Stock Deodexed 2.1
    Recovery: CM 2.5.1.0
    Kernel: JT's 1.2GHz Voodoo Enabled + AOSP Boot Anim.
    Theme: Remix
    -------------------------------------------------
    Phone: Motorola Droid 1 [SOLD]
    Theme: Dark Edge
    CrackBerry Newbie

I was having problems too. my hubby has a BB and I recently switched from BB to a Droid...but for some reason on my end I always get disconnected. We're both on Verizon so that can't be the issue. I wonder what the problem is.
    CrackBerry Abuser

I am having this problem as well. I Googled around a bit and am seeing more and more posts about it. My advice: Call Verizon and get the issue on their books. I already have a ticket open with their Network Repair Buerau. They are looking into it, but said it is not a 'known issue'.

So if you are having this problem, PLEASE call them. The only way they will get it fixed is if more people complain about it.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    PIN
    21101EFC

I am having the same issues.
    CrackBerry Newbie

it's the only issue I have with my N1. I wish they would figure it out.