I have been using Google Talk on my Droid because my friend who I used to use BBM with when I had my Blackberry has Sprint and I don't want to use my texts. We're always in the middle of a conversation and she'll just stop responding and will text me to tell me that it keeps saying i'm unavailable! Just randomly in the middle of conversations this happens. Every 5 mins! It's so frustrating. Anybody know why this is? I already unchecked the box where it says to disconnect me when the screen goes off so this is not the issue.
    12-29-09 08:12 PM
    Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall the application after restarting the phone? Google talk did this to me on my droid once upon a time and after i uninstalled the application and then restarted the phone everything was working perfectly.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

12-29-09 10:12 PM
    Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall the application after restarting the phone? Google talk did this to me on my droid once upon a time and after i uninstalled the application and then restarted the phone everything was working perfectly.

How did you uninstall and reinstall? I don't see an option on my droid to uninstall. And I looked and the market and google talk is not there so how would I get it back? I want to try what you did I cannot take this anymore!

12-30-09 06:08 PM
    How did you uninstall and reinstall? I don't see an option on my droid to uninstall. And I looked and the market and google talk is not there so how would I get it back? I want to try what you did I cannot take this anymore!

Impossible to uninstall google talk as it is a native preinstalled app that comes with your phone. If you want to get creative, you can of course remove it with root access through ADB but that's a different story.

As for the problem at hand, the only thing i can think of is going to settings > applications > manage applications > then hit menu and select filter, show all.

From there scroll to google talk and clear its data.
    12-30-09 06:14 PM
    I was having problems too. my hubby has a BB and I recently switched from BB to a Droid...but for some reason on my end I always get disconnected. We're both on Verizon so that can't be the issue. I wonder what the problem is.
    12-30-09 11:15 PM
    I am having this problem as well. I Googled around a bit and am seeing more and more posts about it. My advice: Call Verizon and get the issue on their books. I already have a ticket open with their Network Repair Buerau. They are looking into it, but said it is not a 'known issue'.

So if you are having this problem, PLEASE call them. The only way they will get it fixed is if more people complain about it.
    01-08-10 12:20 PM
    I am having the same issues.
    01-08-10 06:07 PM
    it's the only issue I have with my N1. I wish they would figure it out.
    01-09-10 10:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD