Though I have only seen this tablet on you tube, it has no back facing camera, no HDMI port, it only has 8 gigs of storage (for $199). My playbook is a better device except for the content. I admit that day to day I will not use all the content available on Google but the day I want to watch a certain movie or subscribe to a certain magazine even or newspaper the nexus will provide a better experience to the average non technical user. Don't get me wrong, I love my playbook. I just wish RIM had done better job at partnering with mainstream companies.
    FF22 likes this.
    06-28-12 07:39 PM
    yaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwnnnnnn........
    06-28-12 08:46 PM
    I bought one! Well pre-ordered anyways.
    06-29-12 09:21 AM
    I am actually intrigued. As a well-known tablet skeptic (at least, in my mind), I feel it is priced right and has the right mix of features to actually help me overcome my general specific disdain for Android tablets.

And it is rocking Jelly Bean...
    big_time2 and pantlesspenguin like this.
    06-29-12 09:25 AM
    I would love to have a Nexus tablet if it were bigger. I like 10 inches.
    06-29-12 06:23 PM
    Looking at the device in action, it looks like they have to push up the specs just to get the Jellybean UI functioning smoothly.

Thats not a good sign.

The new iPhad has a similar feel. Speed up the transitions so it looks like the system is smoother and the jitter hopefully becomes small enough to go unnoticeable.

I'll hold out for quality coding ala RIM and QNX, not another patch on the patchwork OS that Android has become.
    06-30-12 01:00 PM
    It might work. People may get it just because of the guarantee of software updates, just like they get Nexus phones.
    06-30-12 09:06 PM
    Snag an ASUS Tf300 Transformer Pad. Same thing as the Nexus except it has a rear camera and ICS right now.
    06-30-12 09:49 PM
    Looking at the device in action, it looks like they have to push up the specs just to get the Jellybean UI functioning smoothly.

Thats not a good sign.

The new iPhad has a similar feel. Speed up the transitions so it looks like the system is smoother and the jitter hopefully becomes small enough to go unnoticeable.

I'll hold out for quality coding ala RIM and QNX, not another patch on the patchwork OS that Android has become.
    To be fair, I would expect you to prefer the, uh, coming "quality coding" to products that are available now that are not RIM branded.

LOL.
    06-30-12 10:55 PM
    It's just a matter of taste. I've been spoiled by the Playbook's responsiveness due to the RTOS.
    07-01-12 07:11 AM
    It might work. People may get it just because of the guarantee of software updates, just like they get Nexus phones.
    I will may try one more because I can run some apps that I still can't run on my Playbook, and run a few that I don't have to re-sideload every time I want to update them. It's missing some hardware features of the Playbook, but but after a few months with my Playbook, I am missing some of my favourite apps more than I would miss some of the hardware features. Everyone is different of course, but that is just my experience to date. My main uses of a tablet are for entertainment purposes at this point, and I have access to better apps for podcasts, internet radio, and can use Netflix with Nexus. At the price, I will definitely at least try one out I think.
    Last edited by torndownunit; 07-01-12 at 07:30 AM.
    big_time2 likes this.
    07-01-12 07:28 AM
    Seems you'll get your wish sooner than you think.
    07-01-12 08:37 AM
    And looking at Jellybean on my Galaxy Nexus in action, you are 100% wrong with your claims.
    07-01-12 08:51 AM
    [YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3pePDUVpgI[/YT]

Check out 4:25 and 7:20.
    07-01-12 08:07 PM

Lag.

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?3d3qik
    Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    07-03-12 06:13 AM
    Lag.

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?3d3qik
    Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    Which will be rectified sooner than later

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    07-03-12 07:24 AM
    Someone get that guy a knife. Dang so long just to open the dang box with a collar stay lol.

The thing only works in landscape for a couple things? No landscape Web browsing?
    brucep1 likes this.
    07-03-12 08:02 AM

It lagged a couple of times. Nothing major either. Hasn't happened at all on my Galaxy Nexus yet, so I don't think it's a hardware thing...
    07-03-12 09:47 AM
    I've noticed on my ASUS Transformer Pad that the stock ICS launcher bogs the system down so badly that it gets really laggy. I have to use an alternate launcher to make the tablet usable. Currently using Go Launcher for Tablets app. The system becomes buttery smooth and lag free with it.
    07-03-12 02:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD