Hello to all that have used this phone. I understand that a CDMA phone cannot run both phone and data at the same time so what happens when you are running the google navigation and a phone call comes in? Does the navigation just stop when you answer the phone? Can you not answer the phone when in navigation mode?

For those that are going to use navigation I think this is pretty important. If you've found video of this please post the link as I haven't found anything on this yet.
    11-04-09 09:38 PM
    The program caches your route and as long as you don't deviate too much it will continue running while you talk. I know it's been said to work without interruption with 5 minute phone calls. Good enough for me.
    11-04-09 09:39 PM
    The program caches your route and as long as you don't deviate too much it will continue running while you talk. I know it's been said to work without interruption with 5 minute phone calls. Good enough for me.
    Thanks. So if you're on a conference call and going to be on the phone for more than 5 minutes your SOL? That may be a tough one to swallow.
    11-04-09 09:41 PM
    Thanks. So if you're on a conference call and going to be on the phone for more than 5 minutes your SOL? That may be a tough one to swallow.
    Possibly. I think if you stay right on route you're probably fine for longer. Not sure what the threshold would be though. I generally only need the GPS for the last couple (or first couple) turns anyway.

If you lose the maps it'll come back up after you hang up. you'll survive LOL
    11-04-09 09:45 PM
    Or you could just realize it's a limitation of CDMA, and maybe get Mapquest... or a dedicated nav program.
    11-04-09 09:46 PM
    Possibly. I think if you stay right on route you're probably fine for longer. Not sure what the threshold would be though. I generally only need the GPS for the last couple (or first couple) turns anyway.

If you lose the maps it'll come back up after you hang up. you'll survive LOL
    I know that my 8330 (ancient, I know) has problems every now and again with getting data connectivity right away. Hope it doesn't do the same thing...
    11-04-09 09:46 PM
    True, this is entirely a CDMA issue -
    but in all fairness, I wouldn't want to be trying to listen to a navigation system at the same time I was talking, all while Driving.

Bad things.
    11-04-09 10:03 PM
    On my nav now I don't listen to the talking (since I use the nav as BT handsfree in the car) but do look at the map.

This is a limitation of CDMA but I do believe this will be fixed in the next couple of years with the new service VZW is going to roll out, right. Just thinking that if I can keep the nav we have in my wife's car I can use this in my car. I think it'll be ok.
    11-04-09 10:37 PM
    How does VZ Navigator handle the same situation?
    11-05-09 09:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD