i have the inspire, coming from a blackberry, i am used to being able to edit my documents/spreadsheet and creating a new document/spreadsheet on my device. i notice that with the inspire, docs to go is only for viewing. Reading up on google docs, it appears that i will be able to create and edit documents on the device.

any reason why docs to go is crippled on android? how do you feel about docs to go? is there a comparison here or not?

thanks for any help!
    04-30-11 10:05 AM
    i have the inspire, coming from a blackberry, i am used to being able to edit my documents/spreadsheet and creating a new document/spreadsheet on my device. i notice that with the inspire, docs to go is only for viewing. Reading up on google docs, it appears that i will be able to create and edit documents on the device.

any reason why docs to go is crippled on android? how do you feel about docs to go? is there a comparison here or not?

thanks for any help!
    The Docs 2 Go pre-installed on your device is the free/lite version. You'll need to purchase the full version for editing/creating documents as well as Google Docs support. Last year Dataviz had a $5 special price on May 5th for Cinco de Mayo, so with any luck they'll do it again this year (in about 5 days). Or if you're patient, you may get lucky and it shows up as the Free App-o-The-Day in the Amazon Appstore.

Google just released their Google Docs app, and it's okay (meaning it gets the job done, but not spectacularly so). I'm guessing that now that Google has actually started production on their Docs app, that it will mature in a timely manner.
    04-30-11 12:24 PM
    thanks for the reply. i think i will wait to see if the app will be $5. still need to check out the amazon appstore. thanks again
    04-30-11 12:28 PM
    Another option is QuickOffice Pro. I use to swear by D2G, but QO went on sale. It also has Dropbox support, which for me is priceless. So far, I like it a lot.

On our Sprint devices, QO lite is pre-installed.

Do BBs come with the full version of D2G now? It makes sense...
    04-30-11 04:21 PM
    There's a fundamental difference between docs to go and google docs. Google docs lives on google servers and can be accessed from anywhere you have an internet connection. I don't think there is an offline mode for mobile yet. Not sure. Docs to go resides locally on your device and anything you do to a doc is local unless you upload to dropbox or another cloud service. I prefer google docs so I can do some editing on mobile and pick up where I left off when in the office.

Sent from my DROID PRO using Tapatalk
    04-30-11 06:35 PM
    ^^yep they serve different purposes
    04-30-11 07:18 PM
    Docs 2 Go syncs with Google Docs too. Has for a while now.
    04-30-11 08:27 PM
    Thanks for the replies. Yea i think the bb comes with the lite cause its pre installed. Havent down loaded googles doc yet, but guess i should.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-30-11 10:53 PM
    DocsToGo has Google Docs support. Editing a Google Doc file using DocsToGo is a lot easier than the actual Google Docs app and mobile site.
    04-30-11 11:52 PM
    DocsToGo has Google Docs support. Editing a Google Doc file using DocsToGo is a lot easier than the actual Google Docs app and mobile site.
    Did not know that. Its been a while since I've checked out docs to go, may be worth a look again.

Sent from my DROID PRO using Tapatalk
    05-01-11 12:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD