View Poll Results: Which eReader is best?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Google

1 12.50%
  • Kindle

5 62.50%
  • Other

2 25.00%
    Which is preferred?
    09-05-11 07:15 AM
    Personally I use Kobo..not sure why exactly..except maybe cuz I started using it when I had my Blackberry..and that was all that was available really..and so have continued with it. But I do enjoy it. I only briefly pulled up Google Books and looks like it pretty much is the same thing really..only the font was a little smaller stock than on Kobo..but nothing a setting wouldn't change i'm sure.
    09-05-11 12:07 PM
    Aldiko, and Google Books over Kindle .. its overrated, in my mind

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    09-05-11 04:40 PM
    I'll try both. Thanks. I've been buying books from Amazon for Kindle. Not sure what bookstores are compatible with what eReaders!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-05-11 04:57 PM
    Been using Kindle, but tried Aldiko recently. I really like it.
    09-05-11 09:00 PM
    Been using Kindle, but tried Aldiko recently. I really like it.
    Page numbers!!! I know, I'm beating this to death; Sue me

09-05-11 10:35 PM
    What about page numbers?

09-06-11 06:04 AM
    Why not use the Barnes and noble nook?

i have my nook rooted and it has the nook app, the kindle app, google books, and aldiko on it.

i never have a shortage of books....
    09-06-11 07:16 AM
    I don't want a separate device for book reading. My Bolt works great for it. Large screen.

09-06-11 08:27 AM
    Page numbers!!! I know, I'm beating this to death; Sue me

Ha!!!

Aldiko is a sleeper for real...

I don't want a separate device either, but the Nook price point is quite attractive. Would love to root it.
    09-06-11 08:30 AM
    If you have a kindle no reason to use Aldiko. It doesn't support mobi. format as far as i know. I still rather read a book on my kindle over my phone. But the back lighting of the phone come in handy on occasion. If the new nook would have been out when I bought my kindle I would be a nook owner instead of kindle due to the support of epub. But suppsidly kindle will support epub. at some point in the near future.
    09-06-11 06:39 PM
    I have Aldiko replacing my Kindle app ; seems more polished

09-06-11 07:50 PM
    I use both and to be honest, I don't see much of a difference. I seemingly use Google books more though for some strange reason.

09-08-11 04:46 PM
    I *think* Google Books gives you larger book previews.

Having the relatively big EVO screen definitely helps. I love that we have all these choices too.
    lssanjose likes this.
    09-08-11 10:31 PM
    Kindle for me. Although I will concede that it's mainly because I have had a Kindle device since it first released 4 years ago, have a large library of books purchased from Amazon, and now carry a K3 which gets a lot of use. So for me to use anything else would be crazy.

It's been a while since I've taken other ebook apps for a test-drive, but the last time I did, Kindle wasn't lacking in any features and their Whispersync services gave Kindle an advantage. I don't know if today Google or Nook offers similar services like Whispersync (last page read sync, sharing notes/hi-lites, etc..)

IMHO, the only downside to Kindle is that it only supports one ebook format. However, if you're like me and only purchase books legally, then it's a non-issue since it's extremely rare a book I want isn't available in Kindle/Mobi format (not a judgement statement, I'm just too lazy to find music/books from other avenues anymore).
    09-09-11 09:32 AM
    In contrast to others, the whisper sync is the only thing going for the Kindle. Other than that, I don't miss it since using Aldiko

09-09-11 02:19 PM
    I don't read books, but if I did, I'd probably go with Kindle because they have an app on every platform that I use.

Is Google Books and others on other platforms?

Like Issanjose stated, WhisperSync is an awesome feature as well.
    09-09-11 02:27 PM
    Aldiko funnels material through feedbooks, I'm not sure if they've any other avenues

09-09-11 06:18 PM
    Whispersync is cool... plus, you can use one account across household devices. Cross platform functionality of Kindle is a great selling point.
    09-09-11 06:21 PM
    I use kindle on my phone. Didn't know about Google. Thanks foe the heads up!

sent from my Thunderbolt via tapatalk
    09-18-11 09:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD