BASKING RIDGE, NJ � Verizon and Good Technology are making the popular lineup of Android devices enterprise-ready. The companies announced today Good for Enterprise � Android, a solution for smartphones running on the Android� OS that provides business-grade security and full device management features to large customers.

Good for Enterprise � Android lets business customers harness the power of Android on the nation�s most reliable wireless network and provide corporate information technology security and control over devices throughout their workforces. CIOs and IT managers can deploy Android smartphones, such as DROID� 2 by Motorola, DROID by Motorola, DROID X by Motorola, DROID Incredible by HTC, DROID ERIS� by HTC, the LG Ally�, and the Samsung Fascinate�, throughout their organizations to extend Android�s powerful mobile communications capabilities to their workforces.

�The Good for Enterprise � Android solution gives our customers more choices when it comes to equipping their workforces with the wireless devices needed to keep business operating at full speed,� said Mark Bartolomeo, vice president � global enterprise marketing for Verizon. �Customers in health care and financial services will find the solution especially suited to their businesses because of the security features integrated into the solution.�

The Good for Enterprise � Android solution is based on two key components:

Good Mobile Control provides comprehensive mobile security and device management with over-the-air and on-device encryption of enterprise data, remote application password policies, and remote wipe of enterprise data across the entire mobile deployment.
    Good Mobile Messaging delivers enterprise-class mobile e-mail and personal information management (PIM), including Calendar and Contacts.
    �Good is excited to partner with Verizon to bring Good for Enterprise � Android to Verizon enterprise customers,� said John Herrema, senior vice president of corporate strategy for Good Technology. �The combination of Verizon�s network, powerful Android devices from leading manufacturers, and Good�s enterprise-class solution for messaging and collaboration delivers the exceptional experience that users demand and the end-to-end management, security and control that enterprises require.�

Verizon offers wireless and wireline products and services that provide enterprise and government customers in a variety of industries with the networking capabilities they require to keep their organizations running at top speeds today and in the future. For more information about Verizon products and services for business, visit www.verizonwireless.com/business.
    I'm sure most of you have seen this on this sister site, but those of you that haven't here it is....
    09-16-10 10:45 AM
    Here we go. Insert "BES is still king" remark here....
    09-16-10 12:09 PM
    Here we go. Insert "BES is still king" remark here....
    okay

"BES/BIS is still king.. .. .. .. as long as the servers are up and running"
    09-16-10 12:46 PM
    I don't see this as a threat to RIM at all. Android devices have too many apps that are for entertainment (yes there are productive ones too) which would be a distraction/unproductive for employees.

Dont get me wrong, im all for android (even though I use BB) but Im just being realistic.
    Last edited by contender; 09-16-10 at 02:20 PM.
    09-16-10 12:53 PM
    I don't see this as a threat to RIM at all. Android devices have too many apps that are for entertainment (yes there are productive ones too) which would be a distraction/unproductive from employees.

Dont get me wrong, im all for android (even though I use BB) but Im just being realistic.
    I kind of thought of the same thing. But with the US economy being the way it is. So companies are encouraging people to use their own Cell Phones and link/pull/push from their company E-Mail Servers.

I kinda see this as a possible hole for android. If my company said use what ever phone you want, but it has to link to our email.... like i said i see it as an opening.
    09-16-10 01:27 PM
    I don't see this as a threat to RIM at all. Android devices have too many apps that are for entertainment (yes there are productive ones too) which would be a distraction/unproductive from employees.

That, and the fact that because of RIM's more archaic low level programming, their battery life will always surpass faster phones like the droids. This is also the primary reason that it's impossible for RIM to get caught up technologically. CEO's don't want employees playing games or having a dead battery at 4PM.
    09-16-10 02:15 PM
    Android still needs hardware level encryption. Until there are Android phones with hardware level encryption to go along with a more sophisticated software security layer, blackberry will own the corporate world.
    09-16-10 02:46 PM
    Android still needs hardware level encryption. Until there are Android phones with hardware level encryption to go along with a more sophisticated software security layer, blackberry will own the corporate world.
    point to one virus that can be install w/o the user installing it to the hardware.....
    09-16-10 02:57 PM
    Oh yeah, another RIM owns the business world thread, I don't understand why people can't get it through their thick skulls that YES, RIM is still ok in the business world, but to say Android or any other system doesn't stand a chance is pure IGNORANCE. Things are changing and you can blindly defend RIM till your blue in the face, but that doesn't stop the world from turning or the fact that technology will and is ruling the current civilized world as we know it. They will not have the ONLY hold on the business side forever.

What's more pathetic is the fact that even when Android and Apple are able to completely lock the security side down to where it's exactly the same as RIM's, these knuckleheads would still be in denial.

God, wake up and get with the times.

I'll leave this as a comparable, for those of you (heh, hemm) old enough to remember when ONE hard drive would fill a whole room from floor to ceiling, if you had told them then that you would be able to quadruple the amount of space of said drives and then stuff it into something the size of your fingernail, they prolly would've carted you off in a straight jacket, but guess what? Discoveries happen, technology advances and times change.

For those of you that want to talk about "reality" read above paragraph.

P.S. The real reality is that NOBODY knows what the future holds.
    Last edited by JoelTruckerDude; 09-16-10 at 04:07 PM.
    09-16-10 04:04 PM
    Oh yeah, another RIM owns the business world thread, I don't understand why people can't get it through their thick skulls that YES, RIM is still ok in the business world, but to say Android or any other system doesn't stand a chance is pure IGNORANCE. Things are changing and you can blindly defend RIM till your blue in the face, but that doesn't stop the world from turning or the fact that technology will and is ruling the current civilized world as we know it. They will not have the ONLY hold on the business side forever.

What's more pathetic is the fact that even when Android and Apple are able to completely lock the security side down to where it's exactly the same as RIM's, these knuckleheads would still be in denial.

I'll leave this as a comparable, for those of you (heh, hemm) old enough to remember when ONE hard drive would fill a whole room from floor to ceiling, if you had told them then that you would be able to quadruple the amount of space of said drives and then stuff it into something the size of your fingernail, they prolly would've carted you off in a straight jacket, but guess what? Discoveries happen, technology advances and times change.

No one is bashing android here, we are just listing reasons why RIM has an upper hand in the corporate world.

As for the example about the hard drive, you are confusing yourself with a product and a company.

Highly unlikely scenario: The same company that invented the hard drive that filled up the entire room (at one point) probably invented those smaller hard drives that fit into a "fingernail" as you call it.

I'm sure as time evolves RIM will keep up with technology also from their perspective.

Remember product and company are two different things.
    09-16-10 04:35 PM
    Good for android has been around a long time.
    09-16-10 04:54 PM
    If any device has a chance in the Corporate market, it's Android...
    09-16-10 04:57 PM
    If any device has a chance in the Corporate market, it's Android...
    This is true.... maybe Microsoft might too (WM7 will kill all chances of that happening though)
    09-16-10 05:07 PM
    No one is bashing android here, we are just listing reasons why RIM has an upper hand in the corporate world.

As for the example about the hard drive, you are confusing yourself with a product and a company.

Highly unlikely scenario: The same company that invented the hard drive that filled up the entire room (at one point) probably invented those smaller hard drives that fit into a "fingernail" as you call it.

*I'm sure as time evolves RIM will keep up with technology also from their perspective. Yeah, 2 decades old perspective

Remember product and company are two different things.
    Nowhere did I state anyone was bashing Android, just all the denial from the BB fanbois that Android won't make it business wise and RIM will always be king of the corporate world is enough to make one puke, I feel like I'm at an AA meeting and I don't even drink. Hi my name is bb fanboi and I'm a bbaholic.

Sorry, but apparently my scenario as you put went over your head, you really think their weren't naysayers around then saying it'll never work, doesn't matter if it's "product or company" which the last time I checked a product is what makes or breaks the company, so think the confusion level is on your end.

My point to that was I never thought I'd see where we are today technology wise from where it was when I was a child, yet here it is. The same goes for Android, Apple and RIM, to say that RIM will always be the owner of the corporate world and Android/Apple won't stand a chance is just plain stupid and ignorance of the person making such statements.

*you keep holding your breath on that one, might getcha in the Guiness Book of World Records for who can hold their breath the longest
    09-16-10 05:25 PM
    So I guess all this "skirt and pom-pom" stuff and cheering GO ANDROID GO is not being fanboy-like huh?
    09-16-10 05:56 PM
    point to one virus that can be install w/o the user installing it to the hardware.....
    I'm sorry, did I mention virus's in my text? Let me re-read that.
    09-16-10 05:59 PM
    So I guess all this "skirt and pom-pom" stuff and cheering GO ANDROID GO is not being fanboy-like huh?
    Hmmm, don't recall seeing anything in either of my posts giving any one specific brand any higher recognition than the other, matter of fact I mention all three, maybe you need someone to interpret for you, obviously you want to make something out of nothing and I'm talking about facts.

Go back to your playground little boy.....

Forgot to mention, I do agree with Contender, Microsoft may stand a chance in the corporate as well, but we'll see what time brings.
    Last edited by JoelTruckerDude; 09-18-10 at 04:33 PM.
    09-18-10 04:29 PM
    Hmmm, don't recall seeing anything in either of my posts giving any one specific brand any higher recognition than the other, matter of fact I mention all three, maybe you need someone to interpret for you, obviously you want to make something out of nothing and I'm talking about facts.

Go back to your playground little boy.....

Forgot to mention, I do agree with Contender, Microsoft may stand a chance in the corporate as well, but we'll see what time brings.
    Umm...I don't remember quoting you or even saying your name???????

So what are you talking about? I could have been talking about anybody. But I guess it's like they say.........If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck......

You know rest.......BODH

So now you really do have a reason to be girling princess. lmao
    Last edited by Itzdatdude; 09-18-10 at 05:18 PM.
    09-18-10 05:12 PM
    Hmmmm, yeah ok, whatever floats your boat

Typical "philly troll or is it trash, I forgot"
    09-18-10 06:39 PM

LMAO "philly troll or trash"? Come on now hillbilly, is that the best that you can do?

And all this because you thought I was talking about you????

So then maybe you are in a skirt with pom-poms screaming GO ANDROID GO.

Cause if you wasn't.......you wouldn't have said anything and got all offended.

Just something for you to think about..........yeeeeeeeeeha! LMAO
    09-18-10 07:19 PM

No need to bash Philly.
    09-18-10 08:17 PM

Lol, I remember how you used to defend bb like this...could have sworn it was you...I guess we are allowed to change our minds, just is funny.

In a sense why should anyone listen to a BB or Andriod person? Or any fan of any brand...as something will always be next....bigger, better, faster...this and that...

Just sayin'

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-19-10 08:09 AM
    Yeah, I did. That was until I took the RIM I.V. outta my arm and realized there is more out there that is just as productive and useful, if not better than what RIM offers, but if you go back and re-read any of my posts I always stated that it was to each their own and never claimed one was better than the other, back then it was always the Iphone activists that were constantly trashing RIM.

Not sayin that Android is better than anything else either, but we do live in an ever changing society and world and what's in one minute is out the next.

All I'm sayin
    Last edited by JoelTruckerDude; 09-19-10 at 09:42 AM.
    09-19-10 09:40 AM
    In a round about way you have said what is better, lol!

I have owned Andriods, iPhone and many berries and I can honestly say, "to each their own."

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-19-10 10:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD