I agree with everything you say, except the screen size. The Torch screen is the perfect size for me. If it's too large, it restricts my ability to type with one hand.
    10-07-10 01:31 PM
    The Torch is UMA capable.
    10-07-10 03:36 PM
    I had a similar experience, tried the iphone, then an android phone both great phones, but tooo busy. The torch is excellent to the point and gets the job done
    10-07-10 05:34 PM
    The Captivate is an interesting device. I tested it and the i4 with the Torch. If I had to choose, I would prefer the Captivate. I am sure that this may incite a flaming post from i4 owners.
    10-07-10 05:41 PM
    The Torch is UMA capable.
    The way I understand it is, the torch is UMA capable on rodgers. But I am unaware of how to make it UMA capable on t-mobile. If you could enlighten me as how to use the torch to make UMA calls on t-mobile. Thanks
    10-07-10 07:17 PM
    The way I understand it is, the torch is UMA capable on rodgers. But I am unaware of how to make it UMA capable on t-mobile. If you could enlighten me as how to use the torch to make UMA calls on t-mobile. Thanks
    How to get UMA working on a 9800 On T-Mobile | BerryReview.com
    10-07-10 07:28 PM
    The Captivate is an interesting device. I tested it and the i4 with the Torch. If I had to choose, I would prefer the Captivate. I am sure that this may incite a flaming post from i4 owners.
    Same here. I bought the Samsung Vibrant, then had 2 days with the IP4 and 2 days with the Torch. After testing both the I4 and Torch, there is no doubt in my mind i made right choice getting the Vibrant. Just personal preference.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-07-10 07:57 PM
    What made you eventually go with the Torch then?
    10-08-10 01:11 AM
    I never thought I would say this...

After all the hate I posted up on these forums about BlackBerry, I am coming back.

I switched over to the Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant a couples months back and never thought about coming back EVER.

Just recently, I came to a realization.

Damn I miss BlackBerry's amazing battery life, simplicity, reliability, ease of use and physical keyboard!!!

I was first blown away by the Vibrant. Had that fancy shiny new toy feeling for a good couple months, and then it wore off.

Pretty much I have come to a conclusion. I dont want a toy. I want a reliable piece of technology that does what it needs to do and for what its known for.

So today, I have posted some adds on kijiji, to trade my Vibrant for a Torch.

Got a few responses already, and soon hope to be switched over back!

NEVER thought I would be saying this. I am re-born.
    Dude....having what is best for you is unbeatable..good for your and your gadget happiness...
    10-08-10 01:18 AM
    What made you eventually go with the Torch then?
    I realized that while a flashy device is great, I realize that the Torch met my communication needs and I did not need a warp speed processor and browser. I needed a device with a secure communications platform, the ability to multi-task, and great battery life. Even though I had owned three RIM devices, I was almost seduced by my wife's i3Gs and wanted to try the i4 as well as the Captivate. The Torch met my needs with an improved OS and browser with great battery life and a physical keyboard. The touchscreen, trackpad and kayboard make the experience worth it.

10-08-10 06:46 AM

I noticed the thread this afternoon. I still don't know if I am will to give up the little 3G coverage I have for UMA. T-mobile keeps assuring me that will change by the end of the year. I will believe it when I see it. If they dont come out with something spectacular in a BB by feb. I will buy a unlocked torch and set it up for UMA, thanks for the help.
    10-08-10 02:00 PM
    They'll get the 9780 for sure, anything else is kinda up in the air...
    10-08-10 02:05 PM
    i have 3 different androids and the Iphone 4 and im back with my BB and i have the torch i love my phone and its long lasting i have no complaints i cant even tell you why i tried those other phones. smh but im back and never leaving again
    10-08-10 02:52 PM
    Welcome back to the DarkSide.
    10-08-10 03:08 PM
    Same here. I bought the Samsung Vibrant, then had 2 days with the IP4 and 2 days with the Torch. After testing both the I4 and Torch, there is no doubt in my mind i made right choice getting the Vibrant. Just personal preference.

Good luck with your Vibrant. You don't know how many horror stories I've heard about the phone already.
    10-08-10 04:38 PM
    Good luck with your Vibrant. You don't know how many horror stories I've heard about the phone already.
    You mean the same horror stories as the Torch? Alot of issues with the Torch in this forum,yet alot of people love the phone and have no issues whatsoever, which is the case with me. Torch is still a good phone, its just not for me. (i hate sliders not the phone itself).

10-08-10 05:48 PM
    Android is still buggy imo. People love to try something new but will come back to something more right for them.
    It's not really buggy, it has it's fair share of bugs like all other platforms however it's not as polished as, say, iOS.

Part of the draw backs of an open source OS.

10-08-10 06:39 PM
    Welcome back Ultimately choosing a phone comes down to what works best for YOU the consumer. Perhaps BBs aren't the flashiest nor the most powerful..but they definately have a distinctness that makes people love them.

+1 You captured the essence of what makes us Crackberry Addicts love our blackberrys
    10-08-10 06:42 PM

After all the hate I posted up on these forums about BlackBerry, I am coming back.

I switched over to the Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant a couples months back and never thought about coming back EVER.

Damn I miss BlackBerry's amazing battery life, simplicity, reliability, ease of use and physical keyboard!!!

I was first blown away by the Vibrant. Had that fancy shiny new toy feeling for a good couple months, and then it wore off.

Pretty much I have come to a conclusion. I dont want a toy. I want a reliable piece of technology that does what it needs to do and for what its known for.

BRO, I can't tell you how much our opinions match on this subject, lol.. I got the Torch on Wednesday just passed, i'm in the UK, so it came pre-loaded with .246 and no wiggle etc etc.. excellent device, just moved from the Nexus One to this for the exact same reasons as yourself.

No regrets what-so-ever, I've just finished putting my Nexus One on eBay HAHA
    10-09-10 08:53 AM

WELCOME BACK!!! I won't beat ya up for past STUPID mistakes...lol J/K :-P I hope you find a Berry real soon! I too have thought about trying iphone or droid but I just can't get myself out of a BlackBerry all together. I mean I wouldn't mind trying one for a month or so but I could NEVER do it if it meant I would have to trade in my Torch...lol.
    10-09-10 09:35 AM
    I recently upgraded from the BB Tour to the Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate. Ive had the Fasincate a few weeks, but Im missing my Blackberry very much! The Fascinate is a nice phone, however I miss Blackberrys battery life, ease of use, oh and the keyboard! Im selling my Fascinate ASAP

My husband thinks Im crazy - He loves loves loves his Android phone..

Can I get the Torch on VZW yet?
    10-09-10 11:48 AM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD