Hey every one i am a 8330 sprint user and i am kinda wanting a new phone but what keeps me to my curve is the bbm and i can use the phone all day with out havin to charge it. i am currently lookin at the samsung moment and really do like that phone. now my real question is should i go for it? keep my bb or wait till some thing new comes out? thanks
    01-18-10 04:36 PM
    Something new will ALWAYS be coming out. If you wait, it will be an endless waiting game.

I just went Droid myself.
    01-18-10 04:44 PM
    Hey every one i am a 8330 sprint user and i am kinda wanting a new phone but what keeps me to my curve is the bbm and i can use the phone all day with out havin to charge it. i am currently lookin at the samsung moment and really do like that phone. now my real question is should i go for it? keep my bb or wait till some thing new comes out? thanks
    The Moment is a fine phone, it just received a MR, and the update added a whole lot of things to improve battery life on the phone, as well as other things. As it was stated, if you wait, everything will just pass you by. Android is friggen awesome, and I got over not having BBM in about 10 minutes.
    01-18-10 05:06 PM
    I personally just traded in my Tour for the moment, and I am loving it. Android allows for endless amounts of customization. The web browser on it is super fast (blows even opera browser on my BB out of the water). Battery life does leave something to be desired but I think it's more the software than the actual hardware (meaning that with software upgrades and patches it's going to improve.) In fact earlier this month Sprint announced a maintainence update for the phone that's supposed to improve battery life. Email also is hit or miss on the Moment, but it works which is what I think is most important. I'm not the type of person that NEEDS email on a phone, so it works for me. BlackBerries definitely have the industry by the short and curlies there, but I'd trade my BB email capability for the Android App Market (which is 95% full with free apps) anyday. And with the open source standard of Android I'm sure that there will be an app somewhere that handles email better then the "stock" native email app.

All in all, I'd reccomend the switch to Android. At least give it a test drive, if you don't like it take it back within 30 days and they'll be more than happy to get you back on a BlackBerry.
    01-18-10 05:08 PM
    I have the Sprint 8330 too and I'm going Android sometime after 03-01-10.
    Hoping a new phone is out by then or at the very least Hero/Moment are updated to 2.1.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-18-10 05:14 PM
    As mentioned before there will always be a new phone coming out. I can say the Droid is a great phone with lots of abilities. Many of us have fell victim to a great phone that turned out to be a dud. No worries with Android as the phones are outright awesome!
    01-18-10 05:37 PM
    Don't let something a small as BBM make your decision. I can see if the problme was emial, which has gotten a lot better the past couple days in regards to yahoo and hotmail.

I have had my friends download Google Talk and they like it bette rthn their BBM, and actually feel it could be better for their business since they can communicate through desktops and laptops as well.
    01-18-10 06:56 PM
    well its not just bbm that would be holding me to bb but there is well with the sprint curve that has great talk time and being able to use it all day with out a charge and yes i do know that there will always be something new. but what i really meant was will there be a newer bb other then the tour2 or andriod phone.....thanks every one for your input and opinions. btw what is every one getting outta the moment on battery life?
    01-19-10 10:55 AM
    btw what is every one getting outta the moment on battery life?
    I easily get a full day use (9am-1am with around 20-30% battery left) easily. I have 12 widgets running and 4-5 apps running in the background at all times. This is with the Droid though.
    01-19-10 11:33 AM
    avt i was asking about the moment on sprint. but thanks for your info...........
    01-20-10 11:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD