We use gmail as our exchange server at the office. It's [email protected] but we are nevertheless on gmail, so needless to say-- we use the gmail app for email.
    This is my question... When I delete something on my Berry, I'm asked if I wanna delete on my device OR on device and server. When I delete stuff on my ip4s, I can go to the trash folder and empty it-- at which time it erases from the server as well.
    On my Galaxy Nexus ICS-- when I erase stuff it goes to the trash bin. Then I go to the trash bin and I see all that I've erased, but there is no way to empty the trash folder and get rid of the erased emails. Any input would be appreciated. Thank-You
    04-15-12 08:38 PM
    I'm surprised that I never noticed that before. I thought deleting the message from the Trash folder on the PC might delete it from the Trash folder on the Thunderbolt, but it did not. I'll watch this thread in the hope that someone smarter provides the answer.

UPDATE: I found this in the Help file:
    To permanently delete a conversation from the Trash label, use the Gmail web app:
    1. Visit m.google.com in your mobile web browser to access the Gmail web app.
    2. From the Inbox, touch Menu.
    3. Select the Trash label.
    4. Select the conversations you'd like to delete.
    5. Touch Delete forever.

That worked.
    Last edited by JeffH; 04-15-12 at 10:21 PM. Reason: Found solution
    04-15-12 10:13 PM
    Yup. That does work-- that's what I've been doing (or. I use my iPhone or iPad to clear out the trash folder and that simultaneously clears the folder in the Android as well). I just find it strange that a GOOGLE device can't do as much to a GMAIL account as an iOS or BB device.
    thx again. :-)
    04-16-12 05:50 AM
    Weird. Never noticed it before now.

Mobile post via Tapatalk
    04-16-12 06:17 AM
    Are you using the Gmail app, exclusively? Or are you also using the email app, on the Nexus

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    04-16-12 10:02 AM
    Are you using the Gmail app, exclusively? Or are you also using the email
    app, on the Nexus

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Gmail app only. Makes more sense no? By the way it's not a big big issue. Like I said I clean up my trash every so often when I grab my iphone for my ipad. Just weird that the gmail app doesn't do as much as it does on another kind of platform
    04-16-12 10:24 AM
    Many Android users have asked Google to add a Delete Forever option, or an Empty Trash option, to the Android App. I guess it's just one of those things they just haven't come around to doing.

Emails in the Trash are permanently deleted after 30 days, but it would be nice to change how long they'll reside there as well.
    04-16-12 11:27 AM
    Many Android users have asked Google to add a Delete Forever option, or an Empty Trash option, to the Android App. I guess it's just one of those things they just haven't come around to doing.

Emails in the Trash are permanently deleted after 30 days, but it would be nice to change how long they'll reside there as well.
    Cool. I didn't know the 30 day part. Anyhow-- I never took Androids seriously but I'm really really enjoying this Nexus alot. I find it a cross between my BB and my ip. weird. Next I'm going to the HTC One S.
    04-16-12 03:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD